Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore Wedges

Went to check these out in person today at my local shop, and then placed an order this afternoon. Going to be a bit of a new look in the bag after the past 2 years but one I’m looking forward to!

I've got a raw 60* full bounce that just got a few rounds on it as I was trying to figure things out.

Still have the mid 50 and 54* in the bag.

But if someone wants to take a run at the 60* I'll send it out to you. Just be an AC member is all I ask.

A box from Cleveland Golf showed up last night but I didn't have time to tear into it just yet. Didn't get a shipping notification so this one came as a pleasant surprise.

So I’ve had a pair of RTX 6 wedges sitting in the garage from early in the year. Now that posting season is over time to give them a bit of run. Enjoyed the last version so excited to experience this one.

Finally got to get the new wrenches out for a test flight and I am really stoked on these. They look great behind the ball, and the face wrapping onto the top line is very subtle. The facility we played at has a short game area with a bunker, and I think the Mid grind is going to be a pretty good fit for me in the 58° slot. I was able to hit some really nippy bunker shots, and get the face open and hit some good feeling shots off some tight lies around the practice green. Had a few full swing shots back up on me, and I’m not used to seeing that.

Been hitting some foam ball chip shots the last few days trying to work these new short game feels, and I am really liking the way the 54° full seems to respond for me off about the barest lie possible. I was a little unsure about how these shafts were going to play for me, but my fitter was right on the money suggesting something softer with more feel. With the new short game feel, it relies heavily on using the bounce, and these absolutely deliver. Really like the way these look at address, the flow of edges just seems to work, and the overall shape is pretty pleasing to my eye. I wish the grind list on their website was a little easier to decipher compared to a T/S/etc grind, but I’m not the most knowledgeable guy with that stuff anyways. Can’t get enough of these milling lines 😍.
image.jpg

Been hitting some foam ball chip shots the last few days trying to work these new short game feels, and I am really liking the way the 54° full seems to respond for me off about the barest lie possible. I was a little unsure about how these shafts were going to play for me, but my fitter was right on the money suggesting something softer with more feel. With the new short game feel, it relies heavily on using the bounce, and these absolutely deliver. Really like the way these look at address, the flow of edges just seems to work, and the overall shape is pretty pleasing to my eye. I wish the grind list on their website was a little easier to decipher compared to a T/S/etc grind, but I’m not the most knowledgeable guy with that stuff anyways. Can’t get enough of these milling lines 😍.
View attachment 9232211
What shaft are you refering to?

What shaft are you refering to?
Probably could have included that in my post 🤦. I went with the DG TI Spinner (stock option), it feels a little more active than the Modus wedge shafts I played this year.

Got that BOUNCE

IMG_5535.jpeg

Is the DH spinner the same as a cut DG 8i??

gas station car GIF by Shell

These are currently shafted with Modus 115 wedge shafts. Looking for something a little stiffer. Any thoughts from folks?

These are currently shafted with Modus 115 wedge shafts. Looking for something a little stiffer. Any thoughts from folks?
I had KBS Tour 130X shafts in my RTX 3 wedges. They felt good actually.

My RTX6 wedges just have the factory DG Tour Issue Spinner wedge shafts. 3/4 to full swing I don't notice much of a difference. But partial shots there's definitely a little more feedback.

Just picked up a 52 Tour rack with a modus 115 shaft I play modus 105S in my irons so hoping it’ll blend nicely! Only looking for around 100-105 as I’m happy knocking the PW down to 110-115 yards

This thread has been quiet, I have been thinking about my wedge set up for the GOAT cup and during this testing, I threw my set of the RTX Zipcore wedges, back in the bag, and I almost forgot just how good they were. If you went from the RTX Zipcore to these, what were the major differences in your experience?

This thread has been quiet, I have been thinking about my wedge set up for the GOAT cup and during this testing, I threw my set of the RTX Zipcore wedges, back in the bag, and I almost forgot just how good they were. If you went from the RTX Zipcore to these, what were the major differences in your experience?
Better performance when wet, and maybe a touch more spin if I squinted, but could just be the fresh groove effect. Otherwise I found them very similiar to the RTX Zipcore, which I find to be a good thing.

I actually just bought a set of original Zipcores. They have been my favorite wedges ever. Sold them last year to try new RTX 6, but immediately regretted it. The Zipcores, to my memory, we slightly bigger and seemed so well balanced and versatile. They had great spin but also didn’t over spin and leave me short. Looking forward to running it back!

50 and 54* have been in the bag for awhile now. just extremely versatile from full shots to anything delicate around the green. plenty of forgiveness out on the toe where i live too frequently, not too jumpy near the sweet spot.

Better performance when wet, and maybe a touch more spin if I squinted, but could just be the fresh groove effect. Otherwise I found them very similiar to the RTX Zipcore, which I find to be a good thing.
If they are similar that’s a good thing.

If they are similar that’s a good thing.

the first zipcore was just astounding.
i agree these feel very similar but built on them with the hydrozip, though i don't make use of that much.

still prefer the styling of the RTX5 a bit more.

the first zipcore was just astounding.
i agree these feel very similar but built on them with the hydrozip, though i don't make use of that much.

still prefer the styling of the RTX5 a bit more.
Really that’s interesting..

I prefer the styling of these, personally

Back