Clicgear 4 Straps too short for C130 Cart Bag?

We finally got tired of the old elastic straps, so we decided to vastly improve bag grip and adjustability for 2019. The result is the new Clicgear Silicone Strap System. The straps are infinitely adjustable right out of the box and are also gentle on your precious bag.
The straps also come in many colors which can be customized in seconds with a M4 Trim Kit (sold separately). No tools required.
I would take pictures and send to them so they know it won't work. See if they can do anything for you. I have had good CS from them for a part I needed, so maybe they can do something.

I have a C-130 and the OGIO RTC bag that works great on the 3.5 Don't understand why they would have went away from the bunge straps. They where easily adjustable to any bag.
To Quote"
We finally got tired of the old elastic straps, so we decided to vastly improve bag grip and adjustability for 2019. The result is the new Clicgear Silicone Strap System. The straps are infinitely adjustable right out of the box and are also gentle on your precious bag.
The straps also come in many colors which can be customized in seconds with a M4 Trim Kit (sold separately). No tools required.

And sadly it would appear that may not be the case.

This answers the question.... probably cheaper than the system on the 3.5 and if they can sell even a few units of a different kit...... well more revenue.

Was just looking at the site to see if you could change the strap system back to the bunge style strap.
I would call CS and find out..

Have the cart but no bag to show, but this is the bungee system on mine.

Attachments

• ACFE4C7C-8373-41C6-9FF3-66D9A9C03E56.jpeg
    ACFE4C7C-8373-41C6-9FF3-66D9A9C03E56.jpeg
    159.4 KB · Views: 17
  • EA61B8D1-0E41-472D-BEEF-9CD7CE0957EA.jpeg
    EA61B8D1-0E41-472D-BEEF-9CD7CE0957EA.jpeg
    181.9 KB · Views: 17
Was just looking at the site to see if you could change the strap system back to the bunge style strap.
I would call CS and find out..
I'm just waiting for them to get back to me after they reached out to manufacturing.

Looking at the 3.5 model it would require a complete top head change as they are a completely different fitment by the look of it.

Have the cart but no bag to show, but this is the bungee system on mine.

That looks like it would be / is stretchier than the new straps.

That looks like it would be / is stretchier than the new straps.

I am sure it is, but still not enough to fit my bag with out some sort of extension.

Same setup as mine on the 3.5 and those straps will go around a C-130 cart bag easily for me. :unsure: Unless they shortened them on your model.

Same setup as mine on the 3.5 and those straps will go around a C-130 cart bag easily for me. :unsure: Unless they shortened them on your model.

I will get some photos with and without the cozy, I think I could get them around the RTC without the cozy going through the pass through, but it was so tight that I had my putter grip get stuck coming out of the well so had to unhook and rehook everytime I took my putter out.. If I add the cozy (which I won't use it without it for the legs on the RTC) the ends fit through the pass straps but can't stretch out enough to clip together.

If I add the cozy (which I won't use it without it for the legs on the RTC)
I have the cozy but can't quite get it mounted correctly to work as intended. I need to try it again.

I just measured (as close as I could)
Bag circumference (close to bag all round, using passthrough channel) 91cm
Strap length - 90 cm before stretching

I have the cozy but can't quite get it mounted correctly to work as intended. I need to try it again.

to make mine work the way I wanted i got some velcro tape and put it on the cart, then attach the cozy there. so when I have my RTC it is a real gerry rigged contraption (I also have some wheel weights duct taped to part of it so I can stick my magnetic rangefinder to it) but it works well for me.

That is odd that they can't accommodate that bag. I have a C-130 and if fits on my CG3.0 just fine. Definitely will keep this in mind if I ever decide to upgrade my pushcart.

That is odd that they can't accommodate that bag. I have a C-130 and if fits on my CG3.0 just fine. Definitely will keep this in mind if I ever decide to upgrade my pushcart.
It is just the newer models, the 4.0 and 8.0 carts. 3.5 and below are fine, longer straps. Agree though, won't be upgrading unless they fix the issue.

Me, too. I'll be anxiously following this thread.

Response from Clicgear quoted from the last email (they have been replying to me really quickly
"
I like to find solutions for customers but in this case it may be hard, there is not a replacement strap system I could offer up. The bungee material did have more give to it then the silicone, so that would explain the small difference in length when in use.

I can forward this information to the factory in China, but as far as the fit on the bag goes,
I am afraid there is not a solution to make the bag fit better if the bag does not fit the straps."

So at present unless you use the velcro straps on the back of this particular bag, there is no method of securing it to the cart with the actual cart mechanism. This does work as a solution, I did it yesterday, but I will probably remove the actual top straps for tidiness.

If I hear any more I will let you guys know. Thanks for all the feedback.

Wow they really need to find a solution then.
I guess a simple bunge strap from a hardware store will work by look a bit tacky.

Response from Clicgear quoted from the last email (they have been replying to me really quickly
"
I like to find solutions for customers but in this case it may be hard, there is not a replacement strap system I could offer up. The bungee material did have more give to it then the silicone, so that would explain the small difference in length when in use.

I can forward this information to the factory in China, but as far as the fit on the bag goes,
I am afraid there is not a solution to make the bag fit better if the bag does not fit the straps."

So at present unless you use the velcro straps on the back of this particular bag, there is no method of securing it to the cart with the actual cart mechanism. This does work as a solution, I did it yesterday, but I will probably remove the actual top straps for tidiness.

If I hear any more I will let you guys know. Thanks for all the feedback.
That is super annoying. I think the cheapest solution would be to get a new bag. I know the C130 is well loved, but bags (like the OGIO RTC) can be had cheaply and are also well reviewed. If not, I would ask if CG would let you exchange the 4.0 for a 3.5 model, if available. If both of those fail, sell the CG locally for a nice profit since they are hard to find and buy a different cart I suppose.

That is super annoying. I think the cheapest solution would be to get a new bag. I know the C130 is well loved, but bags (like the OGIO RTC) can be had cheaply and are also well reviewed. If not, I would ask if CG would let you exchange the 4.0 for a 3.5 model, if available. If both of those fail, sell the CG locally for a nice profit since they are hard to find and buy a different cart I suppose.
I literally just bought the bag last week, and I love it. I also love the cart, it was also a christmas gift from family so I would prefer not to get rid of that. I'll have a ponder and think about options. For now, I'll see how I get on with using the velcro bag straps, if it is a workable solution then that will have to do. Otherwise I may have to look at a different bag. The only bonus on that one is that I got it on sale so may at least break even there if I do sell it.

Aww man, sorry to hear that there's no ready solution. Like was said, a bungie cord might could do it... maybe try to find a short one that has a wide hook to go in the end of the strap on top, through the strap pocket on the bag and hook it to the other end of the strap on the cart?

Here is how I have things set up today:

Without the cozy on I could get the straps through but it would have to lay on its side, eliminating part of the allure of using a cart bag.

Attachments

• 256A65F9-FF3D-4D4B-892A-B42C670B730B.jpeg
    256A65F9-FF3D-4D4B-892A-B42C670B730B.jpeg
    97.3 KB · Views: 24
  • BB0517E8-F916-4E2A-934B-25C4D7467B82.jpeg
    BB0517E8-F916-4E2A-934B-25C4D7467B82.jpeg
    111.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 1B48D96B-8ECB-41D7-803E-EA0531385F9F.jpeg
    1B48D96B-8ECB-41D7-803E-EA0531385F9F.jpeg
    110.1 KB · Views: 25
  • A3962E3A-7DC0-45E9-A00D-0C8EA879EE0A.jpeg
    A3962E3A-7DC0-45E9-A00D-0C8EA879EE0A.jpeg
    105.1 KB · Views: 24
Took a moment to figure out my ClicGear 4.0 with my C130 but I got it secured.

Attachments

• 67D1CC18-8D06-4CF2-AF71-A9290D356D05.jpeg
    67D1CC18-8D06-4CF2-AF71-A9290D356D05.jpeg
    137.8 KB · Views: 41
  • 4F12475D-86D8-4BC9-B083-26FFE23445F5.jpeg
    4F12475D-86D8-4BC9-B083-26FFE23445F5.jpeg
    104 KB · Views: 41
  • 0C61AAEB-832C-497C-8ADC-63796E3726D0.jpeg
    0C61AAEB-832C-497C-8ADC-63796E3726D0.jpeg
    126.2 KB · Views: 41
  • DC902D53-685C-46F5-89FD-07A7F06870DA.jpeg
    DC902D53-685C-46F5-89FD-07A7F06870DA.jpeg
    130.9 KB · Views: 42
  • E759C962-3541-4EBE-8831-76C406DB05F0.jpeg
    E759C962-3541-4EBE-8831-76C406DB05F0.jpeg
    136.5 KB · Views: 42
Took a moment to figure out my ClicGear 4.0 with my C130 but I got it secured.
So are you just using the stock straps? Can’t see what the solution you have here is, unless it’s just stretching the top strap to make it work, which I was unable to do. I opted to remove the straps altogether and use the cart straps on the bag.

So are you just using the stock straps? Can’t see what the solution you have here is, unless it’s just stretching the top strap to make it work, which I was unable to do. I opted to remove the straps altogether and use the cart straps on the bag.
That's what I ended up doing. I'm just using the straps on the bag around the top arm. Removed the straps from the cart totally and just keep them in one of the pockets. I actually mailed them back again on Friday evening to see if there was any update / plans to produce longer straps. Waiting to hear back now.

Bumping this back for anyone who happens to have this issue. I mailed them back again on Friday and got a response this morning as per below and with a bit of adjustment it does actually work (albeit very tightly) I just tried this and this is the feedback I just sent to them based on the pic.

From them
"Thanks for reaching back out, our factory has still not relayed any plans for a longer strap at this time. Have you tried to adjust the upper saddle so the straps can lay like in the above photo?"
C-130 Bag.jpg

Me

"
So I just went and tried it like you have in the picture and it works. It’s a very tight fit but it does work. You can actually then adjust the top saddle back out a little bit as the bag sits very close to the top part when the clubs are in there and it slightly covers the glove holder velcro but it is workable.

Whilst I know you have no control over it, it would be very nice if CG made some slighty different straps to accommodate bags like this, I would even say that it we “weighted” so the straps are like 75%/25% to one side so the fastener isn’t inside behind the range finder pocket (for someone like me with big hands that would be great). "

I’m using stock straps.

Back