Closest You Have Been to an Ace?

This summer I dropped one 6 inches directly behind the hole. That’s probably the closest I’ve been.

On a mulligan (I know, I know) I hit one to a 205 pin and the ball was hanging over the cup.

I've had them lip out and end up a couple feet or more away, I've hit the stick and had them end up a couple feet or more away, I've hit the stick on the fly and end up a couple feet or more away, but the closest was just recently, short par-3, playing about 93 yds, hit it about pin high with my 60*, took a little spin and a little slope to roll and stop within about 6" directly below the hole. Here's a picture, landed it several feet right of the hole and ended up as shown.

Apple Mountain 15a.jpg

2". Playing in a club tournament. 40° and raining all day. I was a million over. We all just wanted to get the round over with. 140 yards, tee elevated 20 yards. Didn't really even aim. Ball hit and plugged.

Hit the flag and/or stick many other times.

Too many to count after 45+ years. You name it, I’ve done it. Worst was a double lip out that I’ve mentioned in all of these type of posts. One cruel irony is that there have only been two instances where I couldn’t see what happened at the hole because of terrain, etc… but obviously, a pitch mark in the lip and a pitch and spin back to the edge means another denial. I’ve given up “trying” or expecting to get one, just try to hit the best possible shot I can on a particular hole.

I’ve had two less than a roll from going in. Not quite on the lip, but damn close.

Screenshot_20211219-201110_Twitter.jpg
Closest I've been without making it.

Played a course in Vegas with Marco a few years back and hit a nice wedge within 18 inches of a hole in one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1C70BEF7-D097-4F67-89BA-3FD71854BB22.jpeg

Just happened today. Par 3 145 yards slightly downhill.
I saw it land and thought it was in. It’s probably for the best since I was playing by myself and would like my first HIO to be witnessed

This is it. 195 yards witha 5 iron to 6 inches, t20210827_134250.jpghis summer. Almost glad it didn't go in because I was alone. Who am I kidding, i wish it went in.

I have been within a foot a few times but the closest was in 2020 when all of our courses had the pool noodles so the ball wouldn’t drop. It was a short 130 yard par 3 and my ball literally landed in the cup and bounced 20’ in the air and came to rest off the green. I call it my Covid hole in one that ended up being a 3

6-8" on #8 at Windmill Lakes. We thought it had a chance.

The closest I've been was my first round of golf back in high school. Was right behind the cup where you couldn't see the ball from the tee. I've been less than one ball roll from going in another time.

6C4A1D17-3A4F-4F07-9DBF-9D90F3D885ED.jpeg

Literally so close the wind could've blown it in. Par 3, closing hole at my home course. Pitching Wedge - 125 yards- pured and felt amazing. Rolled from right to left just next to the cup and sat there. Weird feeling being both relieved and upset at not getting a hole in one. I was playing alone that morning and didn't want people questioning it for the rest of my life, but it still would've been cool.

on a "real" par 3 (167yds), the closest i've come to an ace is about a foot...on an 83yd par 3, 4-6 inches. i would count either as an ace without hesitation but i'd feel slightly less superior about the 83 yarder

My best miss (not the one below) was with my golf pro on a hole. He called a hole in one while my shot was in the air and the ball hit the green and spun back to the hole and then just rolled over the lip. Doh! :oops:
4F68199C-6045-4E7F-9474-526A46C958CE.jpeg

Closest I've come is just getting on the green in 1 on a par 3.:confused2::(

Been inside a foot a number of times in this last couple of years but still haven't had one drop

Thought that was going to change a few weeks ago when I hit a wedge that must have rolled within an inch of the hole (looked like it went over the hole from where we were back on the tee) and finished about 8 inches away

Back