CLUB CAMERON - Why Bother?!

LowEndTalent

Reaction score
Handicap
Aside from the membership kit that takes 6-8 weeks (or more) to receive, that doesn't have a mallet option (knew that going in)...
Anything "new" that members have first access to is sold out as soon as you receive the notification email that they are available.
Sorry, I'm sure this is a repeat of a repeat of a repeat thread.
Do you have to maintain a personal calendar of what days to stalk the site?

That being said, you'll only trick me once Scotty!
...and if anyone wants my membership kit, I'll gladly sell it!:banghead:

The year I did it I really liked the membership kit and it was far cheaper than if I bought all those things on the secondary market. I didn't buy the membership to get early access, I only bought it for the kit at the time because it was a great deal.

I find this type of membership of little value.

Basically, You end up paying Scotty for the "previledge" to buy their overhyped and overpriced stuff.

I have an Oil Can since 1993 that I am refinishing and that is good enough for my game.
30c305a1644300a9df979dce89173d91.jpg
eee798524e3dfa636f29ebc9dab58bac.jpg

Envoyé de mon LG-H873 en utilisant Tapatalk

I understand your frustration on this, and I believe it was even a topic covered by the 2020 Dilly Awards Most Improved Poodcaster of the Year winner @Canadan in one of the early Off Course podcasts. The fact is that Scotty does it, Betti does it with the Hive, and SWAG does it to a degree. There is a tremendous amount of purchasing to resell that goes on, and you have to be at the top of your game to buy most releases. Its stressful, but it is what the process is these days if you want the special releases. I have chosen to embrace it.

Yeah I think you kind of nailed it, OP.

Buying the membership gets you some fun items, often times valuing at or better than the price - but it also opens the door to get into the releases throughout the year that are super competitive and difficult to acquire.

You're either into it or you're not haha - I'm on the "not" side right now, but I am not sure I blame Scotty.

You're either into it or you're not haha - I'm on the "not" side right now, but I am not sure I blame Scotty.

Understood and no "blame" to Scotty to speak of.
Lesson learned on a personal level because I have no interest in stalking the site to get the covers.
He tends to ignore new mid-square covers since those designs were late to the game.
Shame on me for not doing my research.
So now, I am on the "not" side as well.

I suppose if he indicated that it is easier to just pay double on eBay the same day he releases, he wouldn't sell out of memberships every year! LOL!

To all those who do embrace it, well played! A side-hustle is a side-hustle!:cool:

I’ve never joined to get putters or covers, but have a few years to get some of the gifts I thought were cool!

I find this type of membership of little value.

Basically, You end up paying Scotty for the "previledge" to buy their overhyped and overpriced stuff.

I have an Oil Can since 1993 that I am refinishing and that is good enough for my game.
30c305a1644300a9df979dce89173d91.jpg
eee798524e3dfa636f29ebc9dab58bac.jpg

Did Scotty go back in time 5 years to give you that putter in 1993? Maybe he had gone back to watch Langer win the Masters again. I hope he didn't cause any rifts in the space time continuum.

I'm kidding (in case my margarita induced sarcasm isn't coming through)

Aside from the membership kit that takes 6-8 weeks (or more) to receive, that doesn't have a mallet option (knew that going in)...
Anything "new" that members have first access to is sold out as soon as you receive the notification email that they are available.
Sorry, I'm sure this is a repeat of a repeat of a repeat thread.
Do you have to maintain a personal calendar of what days to stalk the site?

That being said, you'll only trick me once Scotty!
...and if anyone wants my membership kit, I'll gladly sell it!:banghead:
If you're really interested in the releases (if that's why you joined) you'll quickly pick up that the emails always come through about 15 min after the drop. The tweets are usually much more on time, but these days guys sit at their computers refreshing the browser waiting for it to happen. It's 99.9% a Tuesday, and always at approx. 8:30am Pacific.

I'm on the other side of this. I wish other brands would launch an exclusive club like Club Cameron. I think it's cool if you're a fan of a particular brand to kind of belong to the club if you will. If Taylormade and Ping had a version of Club Cameron, I'd be in. I was in club cameron in the past and was able to get an exclusive head cover.

I like the concept of Club Cameron and have joined every year since I graduated pharmacy school 4 years ago. With that said, it is horribly run at times. The inability to fulfill orders when I’m sure they have an idea of how many typically buy the CC membership every year is mind boggling. If they know they typically have 5000 orders (made up number for an example), how do they not have 5000 ready to go at the release. Or just don’t release it until you have the supply

Additionally, the quality of their headcovers don’t hold a candle to many others out there especially Swag and TheBuckClub. I’m a Scotty Cameron loyalist and will continue to buy the membership and take a look at releases. But it’s getting more difficult to jump on items when other companies seem to do it better. It’s almost like Scotty knows people will buy regardless so he doesn’t bother improving on certain products.

It has made it easier for me to throw a Swag headcover on my Scotty Cameron putter and not think twice about it.

I like the membership but I won’t be renewing this year. Their 2020 releases, especially in the latter half of the year were just terrible. Lack of creativity was very apparent. I was willing to toss them a bone because of Covid but then I saw what Bettinardi was coming out with and there was really no excuse. The membership kits are great but I want a nice headcover for my Scotty and they just haven’t delivered

Their 2020 releases, especially in the latter half of the year were just terrible.

Agreed. I sat in front of my laptop yesterday morning, refreshing my browser and had all (4) new items in my cart.
Passed on all of them. The covers are getting more lack luster by the minute. St. Pats from years past were awesome.
I get it...all good things...

I do like the HydroFlask I got with my membership but only because I left my old one in a golf cart three states away! LOL!

I have had a membership a few times. I did it because the membership package had something I wanted. One year they had this milled putting cup that I use all the time, and another they had the Sunday stand bag, that I still use from time to time. But as the years have past my taste and Scotty's offerings have grown apart in regards to headcovers.

I have two Scotty putters. But I can't stand velcro headcovers. That's what keeps me from joining.

What do you mean?

My SC Newport 2 had originally a gun bleue finish, which I finally redid myself... for 20$ and some elbow grease ( of course).

Not bad at all.
d51489922fab10b9da76846b913c7617.jpg
98dfb15f11752d5e55835f005aca14d7.jpg
baabaa18d2509a9378d5506d620e8af5.jpg

Back