Club Champion - Half off Fittings

As for upgrade ponders, he didn't like me in the SeeMorePutter I was using. I mentioned that I still had the Ping Sigma g Kinloch C, so when I see Alex again in January he will probably make some changes to the Ping putter. He's also going to look at my Srixon z85 5w and my Cleveland Launcher Turbo #4 hybrid at that time.

Last edited:
Wow, that M6 seems like the winner for you.
Do you have a Mizuno driver and you tried the ST-180?

Irons looked improved as well.

I've been playing with a Mizuno ST 190 since mid summer.

curious if anyone here has ended up buying clubs from CC??

I pulled the trigger and bought Mizuno MP20 MMC 4-P. The results were incredible and personally saw the value

My question is those of you who bought, did CC build your clubs on the heavy side? They built my irons to swing weight D5 and my 3w was D8!!! Swingweight is over my head on how to achieve heavier/lighter other than counter balance shafts, heavier grips, lead tape on head etc.... Ive never looked in to it in great detail. I can tell when a club feels heavy or light but wouldn't have the slightest idea what its swing weight is. Fitter informed me the clubs were built within their tolerance limits but the irons were closer D6. For a 115g shaft they felt like C-Taper X and hard stepped lol

The 3w and shaft were mine already and they built it for me. Played with it for a week and noticed how heavy it was and my strikes were all over the place and lots of chunked shots. I typically dont do that with a 3w. Let my fitter know right away and he said keep hitting it and when my irons arrive I can bring the 3w in to look at.

irons arrived yesterday. Out of the first 10 swings I hit it fat 8 times. Consistently hit fat, chunked shots. Right away I could tell how heavy it was. I found it odd that I ended up in a shaft 15g lighter, but SW was up 3points. That doesnt make sense to me. I proceeded to hit every club with the same horrible results. They use a 6 iron to demo so we built it up again. The demo 6 I hit pure and solid like I did at the fitting. Hit my built 6 iron and SS was down 2mph, ball speed down 7 (so basically the original numbers I had with my old clubs.)

At the full bag fitting we really didnt discuss SW but he did weigh my clubs and informed me some were actually in the C's but I could tell those were light. All the clubs I hit at the fitting were not as heavy as what they built them to so im just confused why he ordered them that way. Yesterday he saw how bad I hit them and is having them rebuild the clubs to a lighter weight

Thought about doing a whole bag fitting for fun but they don't have equipment I want to hit yet so I think I'm going to just book a putter fitting while the sale is still on. Should be fun.

I pulled the trigger and bought Mizuno MP20 MMC 4-P. The results were incredible and personally saw the value

My question is those of you who bought, did CC build your clubs on the heavy side? They built my irons to swing weight D5 and my 3w was D8!!! Swingweight is over my head on how to achieve heavier/lighter other than counter balance shafts, heavier grips, lead tape on head etc.... Ive never looked in to it in great detail. I can tell when a club feels heavy or light but wouldn't have the slightest idea what its swing weight is. Fitter informed me the clubs were built within their tolerance limits but the irons were closer D6. For a 115g shaft they felt like C-Taper X and hard stepped lol

The 3w and shaft were mine already and they built it for me. Played with it for a week and noticed how heavy it was and my strikes were all over the place and lots of chunked shots. I typically dont do that with a 3w. Let my fitter know right away and he said keep hitting it and when my irons arrive I can bring the 3w in to look at.

irons arrived yesterday. Out of the first 10 swings I hit it fat 8 times. Consistently hit fat, chunked shots. Right away I could tell how heavy it was. I found it odd that I ended up in a shaft 15g lighter, but SW was up 3points. That doesnt make sense to me. I proceeded to hit every club with the same horrible results. They use a 6 iron to demo so we built it up again. The demo 6 I hit pure and solid like I did at the fitting. Hit my built 6 iron and SS was down 2mph, ball speed down 7 (so basically the original numbers I had with my old clubs.)

At the full bag fitting we really didnt discuss SW but he did weigh my clubs and informed me some were actually in the C's but I could tell those were light. All the clubs I hit at the fitting were not as heavy as what they built them to so im just confused why he ordered them that way. Yesterday he saw how bad I hit them and is having them rebuild the clubs to a lighter weight

I bought Forged Tec’s but haven’t received them yet. Was supposed to have them early this week but there was a problem with the GW. My fitter said I should have them Monday. I’ll update here when I get them

I just had a full bag fitting down this past Monday and ended up buy clubs. I'm keeping the heads on my z585i and having the shafts replaced on them. I'm am getting a new driver. The swing weight on the driver will be D6 when I get it. The irons swing weight will be D1. I won't get my new clubs for another week or so. Hopefully by next Friday, just in time for Xmas. :D

Were your clubs longer than standard? I normally use .50" over and that will raise the SW, but that being said they should be able to hit the number you want in a number of different ways.

Were your clubs longer than standard? I normally use .50" over and that will raise the SW, but that being said they should be able to hit the number you want in a number of different ways.

Nope, irons built to standard length. My 3w they made 1/4in short and still built it to D8. I play my driver at 44 3/4 and was at D3. Dunno why they made the 3w so heavy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, I feel like I'm in limbo right now. I had my full bag fitting last Monday as mentioned and now I'm waiting to get my new clubs. If I'm very lucky I might see them just before Xmas. I want to go to the indoor track and hit golf balls with them instead of sitting around the house twiddling my putter and chipper. Sigh, I hate the waiting period when you're waiting for you're new clubs to arrive. :starwars:

Oh yeah, that reminds me there is a Star wars marathon on today. :laughing:

Thought about doing a whole bag fitting for fun but they don't have equipment I want to hit yet so I think I'm going to just book a putter fitting while the sale is still on. Should be fun.
What do you have your eyes on

If club champion was smart, they would charge for fitting if you didnt purchase anything. If you decided to buy. they should wave the fitting cost. Just my 2 penny's.
it’s a very comprehensive fitting - like a full bag fitting really can take 2 half days. There is a lot of costs involved with such a fitting. It’s nit anything like going to a big box store or a local pro on the range. It’s not cheap to provide the service they do. Plus it’s a major component of the business model. They make their money off of quality, not quantity.

it’s a very comprehensive fitting - like a full bag fitting really can take 2 half days. There is a lot of costs involved with such a fitting. It’s nit anything like going to a big box store or a local pro on the range. It’s not cheap to provide the service they do. Plus it’s a major component of the business model. They make their money off of quality, not quantity.

They did wave my fitting fee. My fitter said it was because I drove 2hrs to get there but I think it had more to do with being a THP member. Either way it gave me the impression that they will go above and beyond to make the customer happy

They did wave my fitting fee. My fitter said it was because I drove 2hrs to get there but I think it had more to do with being a THP member. Either way it gave me the impression that they will go above and beyond to make the customer happy
That’s pretty cool. CC goes out of their way to satisfy the customer.

I can’t seem to locate the end of this sale but I don’t want to miss it. Doors any one knows off hand?

i get all of that. And as a fitter myself I know what can go into a fitting. I have never Said they do not do a good job. I simply feel it is not worth the money.

i get all of that. And as a fitter myself I know what can go into a fitting. I have never Said they do not do a good job. I simply feel it is not worth the money.
So as a fitter, you are willing to give up 4-6 hours of your time to sell 1 set of clubs and you have thousands of options available on hand in right and left handed configurations and then you stand behind every fitting with a guarantee that the clubs will perform as good on the course as they do the fitting? That is what sets CC apart from the big box stores the pro shop fitters. You are paying for the value added opportunity to really get fit properly from a company that goes out Of their way to satisfy the customer.

I apologize like I’m sounding like I’m attacking you. However, as an owner of a business that makes 100% of revenue from services that deals with customers all day that thinks everything outisde of a physical product should be free, I get a little heated when someone believes that the services part should be free. If you don’t like CC, don’t use them and don’t follow their business model.

I want to book a full bag after having so much fun with the putter fitting and it would be cheaper than doing the irons and Driver separately, but I would want to wait until the new stuff comes out after the PGA show.

Not sure if I can book now for say a Feb or March fitting, I guess I have to go back and read the website rules again.

Nope has to be booked and completed by 1-31-21

So as a fitter, you are willing to give up 4-6 hours of your time to sell 1 set of clubs and you have thousands of options available on hand in right and left handed configurations and then you stand behind every fitting with a guarantee that the clubs will perform as good on the course as they do the fitting? That is what sets CC apart from the big box stores the pro shop fitters. You are paying for the value added opportunity to really get fit properly from a company that goes out Of their way to satisfy the customer.

I apologize like I’m sounding like I’m attacking you. However, as an owner of a business that makes 100% of revenue from services that deals with customers all day that thinks everything outisde of a physical product should be free, I get a little heated when someone believes that the services part should be free. If you don’t like CC, don’t use them and don’t follow their business model.

Haha. It is fine. I love a good discussion and I am not feeling any flames. Its all good, and let me clarify. If someone comes in to be fit and does not buy equipment there is a cost. I find it very annoying that people want to come in and bang balls for an hour with no intention to buy. That takes time away from buying customers. We charge for a fitting IF you do not buy.

Their model is fine, it seems to be doing well over all. You can see with other companies that are following the same model that there is obviously some market share to had there. This is my opinion so take it for what it is. I feel that for the most part unless you are a pretty good golfer, upgraded and upcharged components are a waste of money and do not help. It is a cash grab. Now, people no this walking in and are accepting that cost. I just don't like that its being portrayed that they are the only ones that know how to fit and unless you are have someone shoving $500 shafts in your face you must not know what you are doing.

I take pride in what I do. I am not a club builder, I don't put clubs together, but I understand fitting, I know what equipment is out there and what it does, I understand weighting, and how it can alter impact and flight. So I feel it is a bit condescending when I hear things like they are the only one that gets it.

Just an FYI, I do not work in what you would call a big box, but it is not a club champion'esque location either. It is somewhere in the middle of that. I can tell you we sell a lot of equipment.

Again, I love a good discussion. I hope this can stay cordial. I would honestly love to go through a club champion fitting and experience it for multiple reasons. To see how it is different from what I do from a fitting perspective, and what can I learn. I would just never buy clubs from them as I feel they gouge and I am paying for something I do not need to.

I'd like to do this as I haven't been fit since ECPC 3 years ago and I'm a different player, but I've had snow on the ground off and on since the first week of October...my swing has gone bye-bye...worth it to find a sim to get a semblance of a swing back before going?

I'd like to do this as I haven't been fit since ECPC 3 years ago and I'm a different player, but I've had snow on the ground off and on since the first week of October...my swing has gone bye-bye...worth it to find a sim to get a semblance of a swing back before going?

I would think so. My swing was bad at my fitting but I think I was able to put enough good swings together to get numbers to work with. I got my irons yesterday and I’m playing this weekend so I guess I’ll find out

Back