I have lost one club. I took two clubs with me to some long fescue greenside, and I left one of then behind. I didnt realize it until a couple holes later and by then it wasnt to be found.

Never left one behind, I always check every few holes to make sure my bag has all the clubs I started with in it

I have once, a wedge and i realized it on the next hole. I have found many.

Left a club on a green in North Carolina on a golf trip. Didn’t realize until we were at our next course- IN VIRGINIA!
now I carry a towel with me onto the green, any/every club I lay down goes on the towel. Plus I can use that towel to clean my ball.
Haven’t lost a club since. That gets really expensive

Lost towels, club brushes and repair tools but never a club. Once had a cart double back and ask me if I had seen a rangefinder laying around because theirs was missing. I had not see one but I could tell dude didn’t really believe me....I would not want the bad karma associated with taking someone’s golf club, range finder, etc and lying about it.

Left a club on a green in North Carolina on a golf trip. Didn’t realize until we were at our next course- IN VIRGINIA!
now I carry a towel with me onto the green, any/every club I lay down goes on the towel. Plus I can use that towel to clean my ball.
Haven’t lost a club since. That gets really expensive
Oh man...that had to stink.

I have as a young kid, my habit these days is to leave all clubs on the green itself once chipping up. Leave my putter cover and towel in same place, so I have to retrieve after finishing hole.

I see it too many times as well, clubs left behind.

I find them fairly often, usually the guy comes running back after a few holes.

One of the first things I learned is if you have to leave a club on the ground, always leave it on the green, not off, and between the hole and your cart/bag, can't miss it.

I find other people's clubs all the time, usually wedges. Found a nice Bushnell laser once too. Normally the person who lost one comes back looking before I get back around to the clubhouse to turn it in. I did bring the laser straight to the clubhouse since it was right there on the bench beside #10 tee.

Personally I've never left a club at the course, I'm more of a cell phone, laser, or yeti left in the cart idiot:oops: As clubs go, I did manage to leave my set of 3 brand new CBX wedges at a driving range on the 1st day I owned them. Couldn't hit them at the course when mine were delivered because there was a heavy sleety rain falling. Excited to try them, I stopped at a covered heated range on the way home. The rain stopped and after hitting a some off the mats I just had to try some wet turf chips/pitches etc in the little short game spot outside the covered area. Just forgot about them being there when I left. First order of business when I pulled into garage was to wash the mud off my new toys :oops::cry: Thankfully they were still out there when I called the range attendant.
I've "lost" a Bushnell rangefinder, a pair of Oakley sunglasses, a cigar clip and a nice jacket from leaving them in the cart. I hope karma bit every one of them hard for it.

We had somebody ahead of us today who was apparently shedding club covers - we picked up three of them within four holes, turned them into the pro shop at the turn. They were all ladies club covers, so hopefully she noticed at some point and got them back when she was done playing.

According to the local golf shop owner he is seeing a lot of people this year that are getting serious about golf for the first time or picking the game back up after a long time not playing so I bet people are just not fully into all those rhythms we know from years of playing. I see my son put clubs in weird places all the time too. I always remind him to put them where he will walk by them on the way back to his bag or the cart, don't set them in the rough where they're hard to see, etc. No one remembers these things till they lose their favorite greenside weapon forever.
A friend who took up golf last year was almost continually losing clubs when he started. We told him to leave them between the green and the cart, and he started leaving them in the rough, where he walked right past them several times without seeing them. :LOL: Finally got him to start putting them at the edge of the green where he couldn't possibly miss them, no more lost clubs since.

I was Giving one of my regular golf partners a hard time because the cart girl found his wedge a few holes back. I was joking because I never lose clubs on the green. Then, the next hole I forgot my wedge and then the next day I did it again. Boy did I have to eat crow.

I've "lost" a Bushnell rangefinder, a pair of Oakley sunglasses, a cigar clip and a nice jacket from leaving them in the cart. I hope karma bit every one of them hard for it.

We had somebody ahead of us today who was apparently shedding club covers - we picked up three of them within four holes, turned them into the pro shop at the turn. They were all ladies club covers, so hopefully she noticed at some point and got them back when she was done playing.

A friend who took up golf last year was almost continually losing clubs when he started. We told him to leave them between the green and the cart, and he started leaving them in the rough, where he walked right past them several times without seeing them. :LOL: Finally got him to start putting them at the edge of the green where he couldn't possibly miss them, no more lost clubs since.
Everyone learns that lesson the hard way unfortunately LOL!

I've done it. Only once recently, but it was at a best ball tourney. Figured it out a hole later when I needed the wedge again. Luckily I drove back quickly and the group behind had picked it up.

Have I ever left a club greenside of the green?

Yes absolutely.

Can't say I've never done it, but it's been many years since the last time.

This is me, too.

I'm a walker, but the 14 way bag helps ensure that I have all my stuff. It's relatively simple to notice if I have an empty spot. Last thing I lost was a microfibre mini towel. I lost a Tom Wishon LW many years ago on the course and I have to assume my rangefinder was lost on the course around the same time.

We found 2 clubs - one on the green (a wedge) and 1 in the middle of the fairway (a 7 iron).

I have seen a lot of headcovers this year and not necessarily at the teebox. I don't know why I am noticing an increase of abandoned headcovers. perhaps folks aren't putting them back on their clubs, and they are falling off the bag or cart. But at least 1/2 dozen of them this season so far.

I had a friend of mine leave his entire bag of clubs in a parking lot and drive 4 hours home before he realized that they weren’t in the back of his truck. Luckily, the course found them and he was able to get them back. I wasn’t sure if he was just giving himself an angle on new clubs or if it was an elderly memory type of thing. @robrandalgz

Last week on the 18th green, we found a wedge right in the middle of the green. No idea how someone would not see that as they walk off. :ROFLMAO:

I would probably leave my head if it wasn't attached to me. I've left 3 wedges, if I remember right an 8 iron, and my stainless steel thermos. Also my cigars or divot tool will be left at random places around the course. The cigars I'll put down and either forget or they'll get lost in the grass. At this point I should just attach a string to everything. Only 1 time did someone pick up a club and take it back to the clubhouse and I got it back. I always pick up clubs and I'll either return to the clubhouse or check with the people ahead of us.

I had a friend of mine leave his entire bag of clubs in a parking lot and drive 4 hours home before he realized that they weren’t in the back of his truck. Luckily, the course found them and he was able to get them back. I wasn’t sure if he was just giving himself an angle on new clubs or if it was an elderly memory type of thing. @robrandalgz
That same guy left his 4i on the #1 tee at The Raven and didn't realize it until the 8th hole and had a legit panic attack until we made the turn and found out that some nice person gave it to the staff. 🤫

I've left clubs, but never lost them. It's been a while since that brain fart happened to me .

Knowing that "some" people like to collect clubs misplaced by others, I use to pick up found clubs, and give them to the course marshal or the green fee desk guy. Maybe the beverage cart lady.

Then one day I found a TM/SW club, and as I was giving it to the course marshal, the owner of the club, came up to us from two holes in front of us. He gave me a thorough bitching out about picking it up in the first place. That I was a "f%&@&×g
thief". This, right in front of the marshal who was holding the club I had already handed over to him.

Ever since then, when I see a misplaced club, I leave it alone. Not my problem, and definitely not worth the possible repercussions.

I've left clubs, but never lost them. It's been a while since that brain fart happened to me .

Knowing that "some" people like to collect clubs misplaced by others, I use to pick up found clubs, and give them to the course marshal or the green fee desk guy. Maybe the beverage cart lady.

Then one day I found a TM/SW club, and as I was giving it to the course marshal, the owner of the club, came up to us from two holes in front of us. He gave me a thorough bitching out about picking it up in the first place. That I was a "f%&@&×g
thief". This, right in front of the marshal who was holding the club I had already handed over to him.

Ever since then, when I see a misplaced club, I leave it alone. Not my problem, and definitely not worth the possible repercussions.
WOW I've never seen that reaction from someone who forgot a club. What a D-Bag.

I left a pitching wedge on a par 3 course a few years back. I do think it was only my third or fourth time playing. I also don’t think it helped that we were celebrating a friends 21st birthday and I was a four loko and a couple beers in... haven’t had a four loko since 😂

I've never left a club. Always set it down in the general path of my walk back to the cart or my bag. I had an old THP cover I picked up here that I knock off when I carry. I love it but don't use it much since I've almost lost it 10 times. Furthest I had to go back to find it was 3 holes. I have been meaning to add a magnet to the cover but haven't had the time. The first magnets I bought weren't strong enough.

I totally just jinxed myself.

I've done this several times. You park the cart in one area and chip from another. Leave the wedge off the green and your playing partners proceed to take there time and you forget. Seeing as I chip with my 54* only it's usually only a hole or two before I noticed and go back to get it. I have also left a club or two on the range while warming up.

I'm in the "leave it in the path off the green" camp, but I have gotten off the green once or twice only to realize that I left it on the other side and had to run back over.

When I played Tuscany we were warming up on the range and my group called over that they were going to go now. I made a beeline for my cart, only to realize on the first hole that I had left my wedges on the range. Called the pro shop and they brought them right out to me.

When we were playing Galt the female pro had brought out a couple of junior girls and was having them practice a few holes. Very early after catching up to them I pick up one of their headcovers, and hand it back on the next tee. The pro mentioned to the girl something about making sure it's secure on the club. Next hole, same head cover. The third time I didn't even have to say anything - I just handed it over. The pro just rolled her eyes.

*Edit* my tendency is to leave the lens cap for my DSLR in the bottom of one of the cupholders or cubby under the dash. I've had the back shop find them when I called the next day and have also had to buy a replacement or two.

Back