Club trade ins at GG, DSG, PGASS

It’s usually around $20 total unless it crosses the Mississippi. The post office is closer to my office than my parking spot, so pretty much my shipping of choice.
ah got it. when USPS tacked on the $15 surcharge on top of the normal fee to ship anything over a 30" box that is when I left them. Shame too because USPS is like a mile away. When they first added that surcharge, I didn't know they did this and they wanted $70 to ship a driver. I was like WTF. Its normally $17. My box was like 50"x6"x6" and none of the carriers I found out like anything over 48" and the rates go up considerably past 48". Fedex was still $50 for the same box. I learned my lesson to keep the boxes under 48" and for anything shorter than a driver I now cut the box to about 1-2" over the length of the club. Its a pain but it does save a good amount of money.

I’ve traded in clubs a few times @ Rock Bottom. They seem to give the most value by far and if you do it for credit it’s 1.5X. I’ve found that’s even better than what they sell for on places like eBay and they pay for shipping.

Trade in or donate only for me. Selling on the secondary market sucks, and to be honest, if I needed the extra money that bad I wouldn’t be golfing in the first place.

I trade in at a local golf shop. I have done it in the past at a Golf Galaxy. I trade in when I buy something new, reducing the cost of the new purchase. It’s better than having them sit around.
My local shop had a Manager who could take care of good customers. Normally if a club had a PGA value of say $100 he would offer me $130. Just enough of an incentive to make it worth my while to go with them vs selling or trading in online. Unfortunately, he left and the new Mgt won't go a cent above PGA value. Nor will they honor trade in bonuses you might find online. I questioned this because there was a situation last year when I had about 7 clubs to trade in and RockbottomGolf at the time was offering a 50% bonus. I told him if they honored it I was going to buy a set of irons they had on the wall with the credit and he wouldn't touch it. Said their owner would not allow them to do anything other than PGA value. So I walked out and traded in at RBG and bought the irons through them.
I tried

I’ve traded in clubs a few times @ Rock Bottom. They seem to give the most value by far and if you do it for credit it’s 1.5X. I’ve found that’s even better than what they sell for on places like eBay and they pay for shipping.
yeah when RBG is doing their 1.5x bonus its tough to beat. I found without any bonuses, usually TGW.com has the best values. Only downside to TGW is their database of clubs is really lacking. Especially on newer clubs which do not appear on there. They don't seem to use a standard PGA value type site for their trade in page.

I usually try to pay them forward to someone but I will trade in if I can't find them a home

I have both traded in at PGASS and given away old clubs. Better that its getting used and not sitting in the garage.
Send it down the road to the next guy.

I've traded in at PGASS before and their pricing was much lower than the PGA Value Guide. I pointed that out and it was "take it or leave it". At that point I wasn't interested in the hassle of driving an hour back home with the clubs and no trade credit, so I did it but that was it for me.

I'm partial to helping veterans enjoy the game, so I donated a couple of relatively new sets to them via 2nd Swing. Got a tax write off but that wasn't my motivation. This country still doesn't do enough for our veterans so I'm more than happy to pick up some of the slack. Here's the link for anyone who might be so inclined.

I hate dealing with selling my own stuff so I just trade in. When I am looking at new equipment I am expecting to pay full retail so anything I get from trade ins is like a coupon for me. 🤷‍♂️ ROI on equipment means nothing to me.

I have only ever done trade ins at Roger Dunn and only really consider it when there is some sort of trade in bonus. Speaking of which.... Does anyone have any info on whether or not stores will be doing trade in bonuses for the new 2024 lines? Probably a little too early since the lines are just hitting stores, but last year's promo was pretty good for getting into new gear.

i have traded clubs in, sold on ebay and sold on facebook. ebay is the easiest but i seem to get the most off of marketplace. i have noticed nearly 1.5 times the price selling them then trading in. obviously trading in is he easiest.

I usually sell my stuff at trade-in value to someone that i know.

I've only traded when there was some sort of bonus, usually with Callaway. The local Edwin Watts uses the PGA Value Guide, which is lower than Callaway's base value, but they'll often match if asked.

Back