I put it up against the Max in the sim and compared it also to what I remember of last year. The Aerojet Max is crazy forgiving toe side. Like stupidly so. The DS X, at least with the weight back has improved heel side significantly. And I'd dare say, sounds better in addition to being faster.

If not for being a geardo and the Morgan Cup, I would've happily gamed the AJ Max. The AJ was an improvement for me over the standard LTDx
Got outdoors with the AJ max and agree about how well the AJ max has performed. Easily could have continued to play it and been perfectly happy. Just so lucky that I have the opportunity to replace it.
As said a few times on this, there are deals to be had on the Aerojet if you are looking to save a few bucks but still want something nearly new.

Was reminded how good the Aerojet Max is in my rounds this last weekend. Many times I got away with mishits I really shouldn't have and ended up with a more playable ball than I expected. Had a couple good strikes that really got the ball moving (for me) as well. Great feel and sound, and just really fantastic all around performing driver. Haven't liked a driver this much in a very long time.

The 10.5 AJ standard head, paired with the Kai'li Blue 60R, has been a winner for me since putting it in play a couple of weeks ago. I've picked up yardage and my fairway percentage, although a very small sample, is a tad better than I saw with 12*. The ball just feels faster coming off the face. The flight is, as expected a little lower than the 12*, but is a good bit higher than I saw from the LTDx playing a stiff shaft. I'd say we're still in the honeymoon phase but I'm tremendously pleased with it.

Back