Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
Cobra Golf is feeling bold, and when they are feeling bold, everyone wins.

Today marks the official “hello world” moment for the new Cobra AEROJET drivers, and while at first glance you may think that this is just another release season from them, this is much more than that. You see, we as golfers like to be a bit jaded in our thinking of just how these R&D teams at OEM’s work, the thought generally is that it is one or two years at a time. The reality, however, is much longer timeframes or research and design than that.

Continue reading...

This is a good looking driver! Can't wait to send some with them.

i know bryson was really excited about this one. gotta say, i'm not sure their tech story with this driver is moving the needle for me, though.

Another great write up @Jman. Can’t wait to try these out!

1.5 mph increase in speed just based on head shape alone? That seems like quite a bit. Curious to see how different they look

Nice breakdown @Jman. Sounds like a ton of tech is packed in here.

Any chance we have a full picture of the crown at address?

Just have to say it. I want this one badly. I appreciate the dive here, @Jman

On the road, going to pull over at the next opportunity and read the articles

Yes please! I'd also like to see this PWR Bridge and what it looks like. It sounds kind of cool.

The PWR-BRIDGE is pretty cool and this is a really good looking driver! I'm definitely going to give this a swing or two this season.

I usually gravitate to the Max version of clubs but that LS model looks intriguing to me.

Leave it to Jose and Yagley to create something unique and still offer more forgiveness and distance. I like the looks of this release more than previous ones and it would be cool to see a break down of how the PWR Bridge is constructed and placed in the head.

Looking forward to the MC participants hitting these and their feedback.

At first glance I thought the LS has moveable weights then noticed it was dual weights. Different than other drivers with the LS model usually having less weight movement right? I like what cobra does might have to see how this thing goes as I had a tough time with the radspeed driver.

I’m curious on the LS. You can fine tune the weights yes, but they’re close together. The LTDX LS are also close together. Is that done to keep from major correction vs close together is very much a fine tuning?

I should have asked that in October, and it never once crossed my mind. Probably cause the LS wasn’t a good fit for me so I didn’t think about weights haha

Superb write up, James.

It seems that multiple companies are touting the use of carbon for all or nearly all of the crown and sole, if I understood you.

I’m curious on the LS. You can fine tune the weights yes, but they’re close together. The LTDX LS are also close together. Is that done to keep from major correction vs close together is very much a fine tuning?

I should have asked that in October, and it never once crossed my mind. Probably cause the LS wasn’t a good fit for me so I didn’t think about weights haha
Spreading the weight out across the sole would limit how effective they could be.

Nice looking driver heads. Love the shape.

You mention the PWR Bridge for more efficient energy transfer and "a CG of nearly zero." What does a CG of nearly zero mean, since center of gravity is just a physical location?

1.5 mph increase in speed just based on head shape alone? That seems like quite a bit. Curious to see how different they look
Right?

That number popped my eyes up as well. Really curious to see them in hand to see how much different the shaping appears.

The PWR-BRIDGE is pretty cool and this is a really good looking driver! I'm definitely going to give this a swing or two this season.
It fascinates me, putting that weight up in the driver and opening more room at the sole for flex and speed is absolutely fascinating to me.

Nice breakdown @Jman. Sounds like a ton of tech is packed in here.

There were not any great full crown images provided, but I’ll go back and look again to be sure.

So Infinity and Milled face are gone. I wonder why?

Great article @Jman, I definitely need to step back and try this along with a couple others before throwing down some cash. The LS looks great and can’t wait to try it out. Love the the stock shaft options, liked the Kal’li white and super curious about the blue

So Infinity and Milled face are gone. I wonder why?
Infinity because of player feedback.
Milled because it is not necessarily needed with the consistency now.

Back