If I goes this way, it would likely pull a top end club out of the bag, and then I’d still go Radspeed 4 and 5 hybrid then into my irons.

The course where I play in the neighborhood League isn’t overly long so having a reliable club I can punch out and get some good roll could be very valuable.

I like to build but sometimes I like hitting the easy button.

I’ve never gamed Catalyst before. How would you describe it? What shafts have you been fit into befor?
I went with the catalyst 80 6.0. It feels similar to the Recoils to me, but a bit more harsh. I find it to be somewhere between a Recoil and a Steelfiber in terms of feel. It’s a no-charge upgrade which is nice.

As for shafts, basically just Recoil 110s. They have been my go-to for years now. But the Catalyst is a heck of a shaft and I could easily play them.

Also, I just saw that the Mitsubishi MMTs are a $50 up charge. That could also be a great option.

I went with the catalyst 80 6.0. It feels similar to the Recoils to me, but a bit more harsh. I find it to be somewhere between a Recoil and a Steelfiber in terms of feel. It’s a no-charge upgrade which is nice.

As for shafts, basically just Recoil 110s. They have been my go-to for years now. But the Catalyst is a heck of a shaft and I could easily play them.

Also, I just saw that the Mitsubishi MMTs are a $50 up charge. That could also be a great option.
The MMT has my eye as I have those in my hybrids.

I dont really need this club, but the want is strong 😍

The MMT has my eye as I have those in my hybrids.

I dont really need this club, but the want is strong 😍
And it’s on sale!!

As 2023 comes to a wrap I just want to say how grateful I was to be able to game these irons this year. Wanting to give OL irons a run was a giant part in me selecting these irons as they aren't specifically the footprint I tend to play. But right away I realized these were different. The heads are much slimmer than prior generations and honestly looked great once I set up over a ball. I think Cobra nailed just about everything with these. The looks, the feel, the forgiveness are all really impressive. I know new and shiny is coming out right around the corner and I'm sure those will build on these even more, but if you're looking to snag a new set at a discount once the 24 irons release, I can't recommend these enough

Looking back over 2023, it has been an incredible year with the Aerojet irons. According to Shot Scope, I went from losing 2+ strokes compared to a 10 handicap, to now gaining 1.5. These irons are long, forgiving, and look great, especially at address. I’ve had a blast playing these in 2023 and I expect more of the same in 2024.

I flirted with the idea of taking the Aerojet OLs out of the bag for a bit and putting the KING Tours in for a run, but I am hitting the Aerojets so well, and have the distances dialed in to the point that I am legitimately afraid to change at this point. They have been exceptional for me from the moment I got them. While I love the feel of the KING Tours when I hit them on the range, I just cannot get myself to take the Aerojets out of the bag, and that is a heck of a testament to how well they have performed for me.

I flirted with the idea of taking the Aerojet OLs out of the bag for a bit and putting the KING Tours in for a run, but I am hitting the Aerojets so well, and have the distances dialed in to the point that I am legitimately afraid to change at this point. They have been exceptional for me from the moment I got them. While I love the feel of the KING Tours when I hit them on the range, I just cannot get myself to take the Aerojets out of the bag, and that is a heck of a testament to how well they have performed for me.
If it ain't broke, why fix it. Keep gaming the Aerojet OLs. Sounds like a good strategy for '24.

I feel ya. Got in a good range session this past Sunday and was just striping the Aerojets. It's hard to imagine something being good enough to kick them out of the bag. As I'm working on trying to improve my swing, these things just seem to get better and better for me. They really are fantastic irons.

I feel ya. Got in a good range session this past Sunday and was just striping the Aerojets. It's hard to imagine something being good enough to kick them out of the bag. As I'm working on trying to improve my swing, these things just seem to get better and better for me. They really are fantastic irons.
I have also been surprised at how much I have been able to flight the ball down with them now that I have used them for a while. At the beginning I struggled, but now I am back to hitting punch shots and keeping the ball low to get out of trouble.

I have also been surprised at how much I have been able to flight the ball down with them now that I have used them for a while. At the beginning I struggled, but now I am back to hitting punch shots and keeping the ball low to get out of trouble.
I feel like that’s something that’s flown under the radar with these irons. They are crazy forgiving which to me would mean they are more difficult to work the ball, but I haven’t found that to be the case. I spend a fair amount of my rounds playing from under or trying to go around trees 😆 and these irons have performed incredibly well when I need to actually shape a shot. It still amazes me that Cobra gave us a relatively compact GI iron that’s ridiculously long, didn’t sacrifice any forgiveness, and is still workable.

Some short iron work tonight at the range, and these irons just continue to impress. 8-GW only tonight just working on some things, but there is no doubt that I launch these irons higher than anything I have put in the bag in years. The distance gains are fun, but the launch and accuracy is just unbelievable.

Some short iron work tonight at the range, and these irons just continue to impress. 8-GW only tonight just working on some things, but there is no doubt that I launch these irons higher than anything I have put in the bag in years. The distance gains are fun, but the launch and accuracy is just unbelievable.
It's really fun to hit a shot, hear the pleasing sound of contact and then just look at the ball exploding high in the air and landing softly.

Why must there be this white stuff on the ground for 3 more months... It's not the same in the sim, where the flight is just a few meters.

It's really fun to hit a shot, hear the pleasing sound of contact and then just look at the ball exploding high in the air and landing softly.

Why must there be this white stuff on the ground for 3 more months... It's not the same in the sim, where the flight is just a few meters.
Thankful to not have that white stuff on the ground!

i've been giving these a lot of thought...can't decide between OL and VL, tho.

i've been giving these a lot of thought...can't decide between OL and VL, tho.
I've been playing OL for years now, and still love them just as much as when I first started playing them. I am a big fan of the benefits of playing OL irons.

I've been playing OL for years now, and still love them just as much as when I first started playing them. I am a big fan of the benefits of playing OL irons.

i thought they used to be offered in 7i or 8i lengths...is that still the case? i love my 8i more than my 7 these days :cry:

i thought they used to be offered in 7i or 8i lengths...is that still the case? i love my 8i more than my 7 these days :cry:
8i length only for the AJ's

8i length only for the AJ's
I think 8i length is even better for OL for many who it would suit (me included). I'd wager many, like me, have much better contact with 8i length than 7i.

AJ's come in 8i length or a option to choose from 7i or 8i?
Late to this party....currently got speedzones one length.
AJ's are only offered at 37.25", which is their 8i.

Edit- Im wrong, thats the 7i length.

Last edited:
Back