Just hit about 20 balls with the 8 iron. These irons feel incredible. I am wondering why I made golf so hard on myself the last couple years when I should have went back to a more forgiving iron like these.

I also had some swings with the 6 iron, and I have no concern at all about getting the ball to launch in the OL set up from what I saw.

Perhaps a dumb question but here it is. How much could I have the lie angle changed on these? I ordered a 5' OL 1* flat and I get much better contact with it than with the standard. Could I have my existing clubs bent 1-2* flat?

Perhaps a dumb question but here it is. How much could I have the lie angle changed on these? I ordered a 5' OL 1* flat and I get much better contact with it than with the standard. Could I have my existing clubs bent 1-2* flat?
I’d say it depends on the lie angle of the other irons. I have an AJ OL 6i that I ordered 1 flat to fit in with the lie angle of my other irons

I’d say it depends on the lie angle of the other irons. I have an AJ OL 6i that I ordered 1 flat to fit in with the lie angle of my other irons
My other irons are LTDX OL so I could look up what the lie angles are. I believe they are progressive on the OL so I would likely only need to look at 6 and 5 iron, maybe 7. Or go 1 flat with all and 2 flat with 7,6,5. I should probably order a lie board quick just to be sure it's something I should even be looking at.

Just hit about 20 balls with the 8 iron. These irons feel incredible. I am wondering why I made golf so hard on myself the last couple years when I should have went back to a more forgiving iron like these.

I also had some swings with the 6 iron, and I have no concern at all about getting the ball to launch in the OL set up from what I saw.
Good stuff, what is your plan for your MC bag? Order VL then test for a bit to decide which set wins?

Assuming these clubs could be bent that much (not sure if they can be), some would have to go up, some down and that still doesn't address the issue of how each head is weighted.

LTDx
1679080739769.png

LTDx OL
1679080709801.png

Assuming these clubs could be bent that much (not sure if they can be), some would have to go up, some down and that still doesn't address the issue of how each head is weighted.

LTDx
View attachment 9164980

LTDx OL
View attachment 9164979
I'm using LTDX OL and I bought an Aerojet OL 5 iron 1* flat on a whim. I'm getting much better contact on that than the LTDX OL 6. Mostly pulling left which is a swing flaw but it's better on that 5 Iron. Swing weights may not be quite the same but close enough with them all being OL that I'm not too concerned. Just wondering if I can bend them 1-2* flat and only likely the 6 or maybe 7 iron or if that is too much to bend a cast club.

I should have mentioned in that first post that I was using all OL irons.

I'm using LTDX OL and I bought an Aerojet OL 5 iron 1* flat on a whim. I'm getting much better contact on that than the LTDX OL 6. Mostly pulling left which is a swing flaw but it's better on that 5 Iron. Swing weights may not be quite the same but close enough with them all being OL that I'm not too concerned. Just wondering if I can bend them 1-2* flat and only likely the 6 or maybe 7 iron or if that is too much to bend a cast club.

I should have mentioned in that first post that I was using all OL irons.
Looks like AJ OL and LTDx OL have the same loft, lie, and offset specs. Cobra’s site has the option to order the LTDx OL bent up to 4 degrees flat/upright so I’m assuming bending them 1 or 2 flat won’t be a problem. I think it makes sense to bend the 6 and 7 1 flat to match the 5 and see how you get on with them. Should be an easy fix to revert back if it doesn’t work out.

Looks like AJ OL and LTDx OL have the same loft, lie, and offset specs. Cobra’s site has the option to order the LTDx OL bent up to 4 degrees flat/upright so I’m assuming bending them 1 or 2 flat won’t be a problem. I think it makes sense to bend the 6 and 7 1 flat to match the 5 and see how you get on with them. Should be an easy fix to revert back if it doesn’t work out.
That's kind of what I was thinking, I just wasn't sure about bending cast clubs. I ordered a lie board just to double check before I do anything. This is where tinkering is either really good or really bad. I've never loved the progressive lie angle on the OL, I hit the 6,5 irons on the F7's better than the F9's and now LTDX. I get why they do it, I may not have the swing speed or swing plane to take advantage of it. Or I could just be all up in my head too:ROFLMAO: Wouldn't be the first time.

That's kind of what I was thinking, I just wasn't sure about bending cast clubs. I ordered a lie board just to double check before I do anything. This is where tinkering is either really good or really bad. I've never loved the progressive lie angle on the OL, I hit the 6,5 irons on the F7's better than the F9's and now LTDX. I get why they do it, I may not have the swing speed or swing plane to take advantage of it. Or I could just be all up in my head too:ROFLMAO: Wouldn't be the first time.
Could be something to that, looks like the F7s were all 62.5 which would be the 9 iron in LTDx/AJ. Not sure if F7 was using all 7 iron shafts or progressive shafts like they do in later models, which is another variable.

Could be something to that, looks like the F7s were all 62.5 which would be the 9 iron in LTDx/AJ. Not sure if F7 was using all 7 iron shafts or progressive shafts like they do in later models, which is another variable.
Not sure on the shafts, and I'm using graphite now which I prefer so I don't know if they are all the same or if the weights change on those like the steel shafts. It's a growing sample size of shots with that 5 iron though that is getting hard to ignore. May be much ado about nothing but I'm an internet golfer

Good stuff, what is your plan for your MC bag? Order VL then test for a bit to decide which set wins?
I am going to post a longer version of my thoughts in a bit, but no, I am going to go with the OL set. More specifically, a two length set. Today was a great first day out with the OL AeroJets.

I hit the 7i at GG today. Felt nice. Should have swung it with graphite instead of the steel.

I am going to post a longer version of my thoughts in a bit, but no, I am going to go with the OL set. More specifically, a two length set. Today was a great first day out with the OL AeroJets.
I’m leaning VL in the wedges.

I had some simulator time with the Aerojet OL today and really enjoyed hitting them. I either will be switching to a consistent fade or was just aiming consistently right. I believe it was the latter because when I started using triple track to line up, they went pretty straight. Not saying I am going on the Champions tour with these, but feel confident that these irons will not hold me back. I have to go through the data a little more to decide if I will pull the 4H out of the bag and go with 5-GW plus 3 edel wedges or if I leave in the 4H and take out a wedge.

Today was my first round with the AeroJet One Length set. The clubs came in late yesterday so they went right into the bag and on the course. They have the stock KBS Tour Lite shafts in stiff flex.

I need more time with them to dial them in, but my initial overarching thought is “why did I make golf so hard for myself for all time time”. The ease of both launch and distance with The AreoJet irons is fantastic. These irons are long. Like really long. Just so easy to hit and put deep, which is going to equate to better scoring opportunities once I get the distances figured out better.

One thing that I noticed is that while the AJs still have the pwr shell technology, they don’t have the pronounced bump on the long irons like the prior models do. Not sure if this changed since the SpeedZone, but I know those had the bump and I was frankly not a fan. As a “picker” (little to no divot) I felt that the bump made those irons play like you were always on really firm ground. With the shape of the AJs, I felt like I could really attack the ball and get through it.

I didn’t have any issue drawing these irons, and when I did what I was sopposed to do, the ball really launched and moved into position right to left. I need to sort out a few things with my swing but overall I am felling really positive about what I saw today.

I still think that I am going to need to figure out what to do with the gapping on the bottom of the bag. A PW going 130 today wasn’t ideal. But then again, as long as it matches up to the 9i I think I can figure it work. Thinking about keeping the gap wedge in the bag and going 54/58 in the specialty wedges. If permitted for the Morgan Cup, I may go with the G/54/58 all the same length. But I am not 100% certain on that until I get some range work in to really get some distance data.

Sp far so good with these irons, and golf is getting fun again.

Today was my first round with the AeroJet One Length set. The clubs came in late yesterday so they went right into the bag and on the course. They have the stock KBS Tour Lite shafts in stiff flex.

I need more time with them to dial them in, but my initial overarching thought is “why did I make golf so hard for myself for all time time”. The ease of both launch and distance with The AreoJet irons is fantastic. These irons are long. Like really long. Just so easy to hit and put deep, which is going to equate to better scoring opportunities once I get the distances figured out better.

One thing that I noticed is that while the AJs still have the pwr shell technology, they don’t have the pronounced bump on the long irons like the prior models do. Not sure if this changed since the SpeedZone, but I know those had the bump and I was frankly not a fan. As a “picker” (little to no divot) I felt that the bump made those irons play like you were always on really firm ground. With the shape of the AJs, I felt like I could really attack the ball and get through it.

I didn’t have any issue drawing these irons, and when I did what I was sopposed to do, the ball really launched and moved into position right to left. I need to sort out a few things with my swing but overall I am felling really positive about what I saw today.

I still think that I am going to need to figure out what to do with the gapping on the bottom of the bag. A PW going 130 today wasn’t ideal. But then again, as long as it matches up to the 9i I think I can figure it work. Thinking about keeping the gap wedge in the bag and going 54/58 in the specialty wedges. If permitted for the Morgan Cup, I may go with the G/54/58 all the same length. But I am not 100% certain on that until I get some range work in to really get some distance data.

Sp far so good with these irons, and golf is getting fun again.

Always good to hear golf getting fun again!

Tough day in the wind yesterday to really dial in the distances, but I enjoyed these OL irons. I was hitting some nice fades and getting good distance. There were a few into the wind that really surprised me. My FT irons I would have needed two clubs into the wind and I tried that once or twice and flew the green. There were a few shots that I hit a little thin and was yelling for it to get up and carry and I was rolling off the back. So I think these will be exactly what I want in the forgiveness department.

my only decision is if I keep the 4H in the bag and add another wedge back in or leave the 4H in there and take out the OL GW.

Last edited:
Tough day in the wind yesterday to really dial in the distances, but I enjoyed these OL irons. I was hitting some nice fades and getting gif distance. There were a few into the wind that really surprised me. My FT irons I would have needed two clubs into the wind and I tried that once or twice and flew the green. There were a few shots that I hit a little thin and was yelling for it to get up and carry and I was rolling off the back. So I think these will be exactly what I want in the forgiveness department.

my only decision is if I keep the 4H in the bag and add another wedge back in or leave the 4H in there and take out the OL GW.
your ball flight looked really good yesterday. (wind aside)

I played an executive course and am going to love these once I get the yardages down. I was consistently a little long and left today.

Can anyone compare the aerojet to forged tec x irons ? As for feel . distance and stopping power ? These are the iron sets on my radar .
Thanks gb

IMG_2918.jpeg

Back