I didn't get my numbers from the fitting, but I was able to get good launch from the Aerojets with a graphite shaft. Not so much in the stock steel option.

I did quite well with the stock KBS PGI graphite shafts both times I hit the Aerojet irons. I don’t have the numbers but the launch, distance and dispersion were acceptable to me.

Can anyone compare these to the forged tec x ? How do they compare and which way would you go between the the two ?
Thanks gb

I absolutely love these OL irons. I got them on March 17 and will be 10.5 hcp tomorrow. 81 today with a few doubles.

CC1CAE33-A191-4238-9977-629A96763663.png

7EBF1648-785C-4436-9894-C86F129C27E4.png

Last edited:
Order going in today. I will have the AJ's in 6-Gw in OL. Went 8 iron length. Super excited to get them and get them out to the course to be able to provide some feedback!

Can anyone compare these to the forged tec x ? How do they compare and which way would you go between the the two ?
Thanks gb
Well I will answer my own question.. I finally got to hit both the aerojet and forged tec x irons off grass , The clear winner for me was the tec x , Shape , looks and all important to me was turf interaction > The best part I was able to pick up a mint set of used Tec X for a great price less than the new aerojets .

I was able to get the stock Aerojet OL set out this morning for a round. These irons are surprisingly powerful. I hit a 9 iron long on a par 3 that surprised the heck out of me. I am able to hold green with ease, which was my main concern going back to a game improvement set. While I struggled with the PW and GW distances in my fist OL set, I think I have these better figured out and the gapping to the specialty wedges has not been an issue, so far.

The biggest thing I am seeing is how easy it is to hit the 5 and 6 iron OL set. Everything is much easier to control, which has kept me in a good scoring position when I need them.

When I bought the Aerojet OL set, I did not think I would put the GW in my bag. Now that I have played a few rounds with the set, I think the GW is critical to proper gapping into the specialty wedges.

Last edited:
When I bought the Aerojet OL set, I did not think I would put the GW in my bag. Now that I have played a few rounds with the set, I think the GW is critical to prober gapping into the specialty wedges.

Totally agree with this, and i'm loving the GW in my OL set.

So, continuing my initial thoughts on my Morgan Cup equipment, I got the Aerojet irons in 4-PW with the UST Recoil ESX F4 shafts. My current irons were Mizuno JPX 923 HLs, so I was a little concerned about getting enough height with the AJ irons, since they are stronger lofted by a good bit. That's why I went with the Recoil ESX shafts, rather than Recoil 95s, hoping to get a higher launch. After spending some time at the range, I feel pretty comfortable with the ball flight I'm getting. Not quite as high as my HLs, but I didn't expect them to be. I do think it will be closer on the course playing my normal ball.

Distance seemed to be good, but I don't have any numbers at the moment. I also wasn't having the best ball striking day, but still saw some solid results. I wasn't seeing huge drop offs in distance on mishits so they seem to be more forgiving than I expected. The AJ is a pretty compact iron to be in the GI segment (or at least I think they are), so I assumed a little less forgiving. That doesn't really seem to be the case so far. I really like the smaller look of the iron. The back of the iron has a design that reminds me a little of my older TM Burner 1.0 irons that I loved, so I've been a fan of the looks from day one.

Feel was also really good, even though I was far from flushing every shot. I could tell when I mishit something, but it wasn't harsh at all, even with the old range balls I was hitting. I'll need to pay a little more attention to sound the next time out. I don't recall anything sounding harsh or clicky, but I'll try to come up with a better description for that later.

Oh, I'm also pretty excited to have a 4 iron again. Hit a couple of absolute missiles with that thing. I'm going to get some practice in with it and hopefully turn it into a weapon out on the course.

Really enjoyed the Aerojet irons today. I wasn't swinging well, but these things are really forgiving and LONG. The first par 3 today was playing 160 to the center and 176 to the back. My normal 8 iron distance is about 155-157, so that's what I hit with the AJ irons. I somehow managed to fly the ball over the flag and it rolled off the back of the green. After that, I was wondering if 9 iron would've been the right call and got an answer to that on hole 8. Had 155 to flag and hit 9 iron hole high. Pretty impressed so far.

Ball flight was really good and had plenty of height to hold greens. These look a good bit smaller at address than my 923 HL's and I'm honestly loving the look. I think the AJ irons and Recoil ESX shafts are going to be a killer combo for me. Already looking forward to the next round. Hopefully I can start hitting the ball a little better and start to figure out what my distances are going to be going forward.

I am so happy I went to Aerojet route. Loved hitting these today paired with the UST Recoil 110s. I have the One Length version and I think that choice is going to pay off for me in a big way this year. The repeatable one set up swing is something I am looking forward to. For an iron in the GI category, these don't feel overly large or bulky. In fact, they are very similar when I look down at them as my Edel SMS irons. I'll post some side by sides here shortly. I was happy with the ball flight. Nice and high, but not ballooning. Distances, we'll have to see once I get to the course as the range is spotty and I was in to a pretty strong headwind today. I thought sound wise, they were crisp. The ball felt great coming off the face. I know some better golfers may not give these a realistic look, but for those mid caps or upper single digits to me, these are definitely worthy of a test

I am so happy I went to Aerojet route. Loved hitting these today paired with the UST Recoil 110s. I have the One Length version and I think that choice is going to pay off for me in a big way this year. The repeatable one set up swing is something I am looking forward to. For an iron in the GI category, these don't feel overly large or bulky. In fact, they are very similar when I look down at them as my Edel SMS irons. I'll post some side by sides here shortly. I was happy with the ball flight. Nice and high, but not ballooning. Distances, we'll have to see once I get to the course as the range is spotty and I was in to a pretty strong headwind today. I thought sound wise, they were crisp. The ball felt great coming off the face. I know some better golfers may not give these a realistic look, but for those mid caps or upper single digits to me, these are definitely worthy of a test
Happy for you my man! looking forward to following along with the journey! Was this the maiden voyage with the set?

I spoke to the AJ irons on WGP yesterday and stand by it. The most underrated of the year in my opinion and the size is way smaller than most expect

Happy for you my man! looking forward to following along with the journey! Was this the maiden voyage with the set?
Yeah. Have league tomorrow. Range today was great

I spoke to the AJ irons on WGP yesterday and stand by it. The most underrated of the year in my opinion and the size is way smaller than most expect
Planning to listen to that tomorrow. But 100% agree. Here is the side by side with the Edel SMS. Both 8 irons
IMG_1524.jpeg
IMG_1525.jpeg

Irons were fantastic tonight. Love the feel of them paired with the Recoil 110s. I need a couple rounds to get the distances dialed in but the forgiveness in these are amazing

Could not agree more. And although I said it earlier in this thread, the redesign of the pwrshell to remove the slight bulge has been so helpful when playing in tight lie conditions.

Irons were fantastic tonight. Love the feel of them paired with the Recoil 110s. I need a couple rounds to get the distances dialed in but the forgiveness in these are amazing
I need to get mine to the range tomorrow. Work has been unrelenting these last few weeks.

Distance wise, are you seeing longer than expected distances like I have seen with my stock set?

I need to get mine to the range tomorrow. Work has been unrelenting these last few weeks.

Distance wise, are you seeing longer than expected distances like I have seen with my stock set?
I've only had them on course once. They seemed pretty spot on in those 9 holes. I did go 1* weak with mine. The range I use is spotty for distances, but I will try to gun some flags and see if the distances match there when I head over here in a bit

I went back and looked at my Shot Scope from last week. Distances are right in line with where I would typically see them. It's a small sample as I only hit each club once or twice during the 9 holes and didn't hit the 6 or 7 at all. The 9i was a chunky shot, but assuming that a normal 9i would be in the 155 range, and the Pw will come closer to a 145 average those would be my "normal" numbers.

1685015452717.png

I went back and looked at my Shot Scope from last week. Distances are right in line with where I would typically see them. It's a small sample as I only hit each club once or twice during the 9 holes and didn't hit the 6 or 7 at all. The 9i was a chunky shot, but assuming that a normal 9i would be in the 155 range, and the Pw will come closer to a 145 average those would be my "normal" numbers.

View attachment 9181806

I’m going to try to get my Areojet One Length set with the Recoils out to the range this morning and see how they feel.

Still loving the AJ OL set. They are about 1 club length longer than my old F7 irons, and I feel more confident with them.

When I bought the Aerojet OL set, I did not think I would put the GW in my bag. Now that I have played a few rounds with the set, I think the GW is critical to proper gapping into the specialty wedges.
How many specialty wedges do you carry?

Irons were ok last night. Playing the short side of our league course, so I think I only used the 6i on a par 5 and to punch once, the 8i on the par 3 and the Gw once. Most other shots were tee shot, then wedge in to the green so no real feedback. The tee shot on the par 3 was heavy and came up short, but that was on me. The Gw shot hit the green from 135 or so which is where I want that club so that's a good sign

Back