Cobra Clubs out at Golf Galaxy

Based on the GG in my town Cobra might be better off. Dicks doesn't do much with Puma in any of their footwear offerings so maybe this was about sell thru and margin. Dicks can go to Puma, Mizuno, and others who have multiple categories under their corporate umbrella and demand certain discounts and terms. I guess the company can negotiate from there.

Based on the GG in my town Cobra might be better off. Dicks doesn't do much with Puma in any of their footwear offerings so maybe this was about sell thru and margin. Dicks can go to Puma, Mizuno, and others who have multiple categories under their corporate umbrella and demand certain discounts and terms. I guess the company can negotiate from there.

Dicks owns GG. My problem is that there is nowhere for me to try Cobra clubs anymore. Sucks.

I think there is something going on with Dicks/GG and Cobra. I know when I was testing out a Cobra F7 driver the guy working there said that the Cobra rep had come in and was not happy about their marketing/display of the clubs. I am assuming its because TM and Callaway pay them a lot more to put their stuff up front and push their products. When I was testing out Irons the guy at the store kept trying to get me to buy a new $900 set of Callaway irons.

Went into my local GG this past weekend, and the Cobra racks are gonzo, with a couple of iron sets still on the wall. I asked the store manager, and he confirmed they will no longer be carrying them, saying that Cobra didn't sell well out of his store.

I think there is something going on with Dicks/GG and Cobra. I know when I was testing out a Cobra F7 driver the guy working there said that the Cobra rep had come in and was not happy about their marketing/display of the clubs. I am assuming its because TM and Callaway pay them a lot more to put their stuff up front and push their products. When I was testing out Irons the guy at the store kept trying to get me to buy a new $900 set of Callaway irons.

My local GG is covered in banners and stand signs for EPIC drivers. The EPIC club display is big and right in front. You could hardly tell they even sell anything else. I can't blame them though; they push what is hot and what sells.

My local GG is covered in banners and stand signs for EPIC drivers. The EPIC club display is big and right in front. You could hardly tell they even sell anything else. I can't blame them though; they push what is hot and what sells.

Mine is covered in M1 and M2 ads. You can see them from the street, and this store is pretty well set back.

Back