Cobra Connect Review Thread

So you can buy the grips and use them with cobra connect without a cobra driver? Does it let you select other brands in the app?

Love the idea of this being built into the grip. More companies should do this....

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

So you can buy the grips and use them with cobra connect without a cobra driver? Does it let you select other brands in the app?

Love the idea of this being built into the grip. More companies should do this....

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
In all honesty it's not meant to be used that way. When the CC grip is detected, the app will assume you are using a Cobra driver

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

I haven't teed it up with the Arccos on my clubs yet this year so I don't know if they've added it to the standard app, but I really like the whole "king of the hole" competition, and with the Arccos system incorporated that. Sure, the odds that I'd get one is low, but kind of nice to have a reason to just air it out from time to time.

This is one of the cooler "add ins" that I've seen on a club. Kudos to Cobra for thinking outside the box here - I think they do that better than anyone.

This is one of the cooler "add ins" that I've seen on a club. Kudos to Cobra for thinking outside the box here - I think they do that better than anyone.

I actually agree here. So my question back is why are more people not jumping on this? Is it poor marketing of Cobra Connect? Bad timing of driver?

I actually agree here. So my question back is why are more people not jumping on this? Is it poor marketing of Cobra Connect? Bad timing of driver?

Both.

Cobra is still under the radar and overlooked IMO. The connect thing hasn't been marketed much up here that I can recall. I wonder how many employees in stores are even talking about it.

Both.

Cobra is still under the radar and overlooked IMO. The connect thing hasn't been marketed much up here that I can recall. I wonder how many employees in stores are even talking about it.

Do you think that is a season thing? Im looking at this and thinking to myself, for all of the debate about nothing new on drivers, this is here now and its so under the radar.

In all honesty it's not meant to be used that way. When the CC grip is detected, the app will assume you are using a Cobra driver

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

I've definitely pondered doing this for my F6+ because I just love getting to see my stats, good or bad! Does all of this info sync to the Arccos site? I don't remember seeing anything about that earlier in the thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've definitely pondered doing this for my F6+ because I just love getting to see my stats, good or bad! Does all of this info sync to the Arccos site? I don't remember seeing anything about that earlier in the thread.

You just got tapped!
Send me a PM with your full name and shipping address.
This will be for Cobra Connect review on both THP and social media. #CobraConnect

Do you think that is a season thing? Im looking at this and thinking to myself, for all of the debate about nothing new on drivers, this is here now and its so under the radar.

Maybe, I mean there are drivers that are selling well up here ATM. People get antsy and buy earlier now. The ad season for up here should start in Feb, just after the hot list comes out because it still brings people to stores to check out clubs. I've yet to see anyone demo a cobra driver in the time I've been out.

All I know is, I'm taking mine for a spin today and can't wait to try the connect feature out.

You just got tapped!
Send me a PM with your full name and shipping address.
This will be for Cobra Connect review on both THP and social media. #CobraConnect

Holy crap! Awesome! Sending you a PM now!

Maybe, I mean there are drivers that are selling well up here ATM. People get antsy and buy earlier now. The ad season for up here should start in Feb, just after the hot list comes out because it still brings people to stores to check out clubs. I've yet to see anyone demo a cobra driver in the time I've been out.

All I know is, I'm taking mine for a spin today and can't wait to try the connect feature out.

I agree and think that the fall/winter release with clubs in store by PGA Show makes more sense than ever.
Especially when you have something seriously innovative like this.

Both.

+1 on this imo. At least among the people I know in my area, Cobra would be at best a 5th option behind Callaway, TM, Titleist and Ping. It has nothing to do with performance either

Yes, you have to set-up an arccos account. That's where the data resides

EDIT: Congrats mjkladis!

Yes, you have to set-up an arccos account. That's where the data resides

Ok cool! So it should work with their upcoming Course Analyzer then! Sweet!

I agree w/ ddec's assessment here - I think people just don't think of Cobra first. I don't know why. I've suggested Cobra stuff to guys in my golf league or that I play with when they've mentioned they were looking for new equipment and usually find out it wasn't even on their mind in the first place. The prices, I think, are among the best in the metalwoods too. The F7 driver for $349 is a fantastic price. You get full adjustability for the price of most lines "entry level" options.

As for the Connect, I'm trying to remember if I even saw anything about it on the display at the shop. I know it wasn't front and center, at least.

It was super easy to pair with my phone. I'm excited to give it a go. Hope to get 9 in this weekend.

Obed, if your battery is terrible, replace it. That's one of the best features of android phones: being able to swap bad batteries. Turn the phone off, take the battery out, lay it on a table and see if you can spin it. If you can, it's bloated and bad. A new battery is such a great thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

+1 on this imo. At least among the people I know in my area, Cobra would be at best a 5th option behind Callaway, TM, Titleist and Ping. It has nothing to do with performance either

Marketshare wise, they continue to be in that 4-5 spot and are selling more now than in the past, but it is an interesting question. For all of the talk about drivers being too expensive, here is one that offers full adjustability, has a feature nothing else has and comes in cheaper than most.

I agree w/ ddec's assessment here - I think people just don't think of Cobra first. I don't know why. I've suggested Cobra stuff to guys in my golf league or that I play with when they've mentioned they were looking for new equipment and usually find out it wasn't even on their mind in the first place. The prices, I think, are among the best in the metalwoods too. The F7 driver for $349 is a fantastic price. You get full adjustability for the price of most lines "entry level" options.

As for the Connect, I'm trying to remember if I even saw anything about it on the display at the shop. I know it wasn't front and center, at least.

If you haven't that is about to change.

I think you might be right. They have been first to market with just about everything in the last 4 years or so and continue to be tech heavy. They have the person that created many of the TaylorMade drivers that people found that brand for. They have a lot going for them and with this tech specifically are the only company doing it.

I think you might be right. They have been first to market with just about everything in the last 4 years or so and continue to be tech heavy. They have the person that created many of the TaylorMade drivers that people found that brand for. They have a lot going for them and with this tech specifically are the only company doing it.

Glad to hear - I think sometimes with all of the data trackers, there's a chance for a bit of paralysis by analysis. Me, I'm a fan of Arccos just because I'm a data guy. But even for the average person who doesn't really care, I think having something like this on the driver is just fun. Who doesn't want to see if they've hit their longest ever drive? Of course, the downside will be all of the people finding out how far they actually hit the ball, rather than what they think they do.

One more point on the "overlooked" topic. Even as someone that considers themselves an advocate for the brand, I have yet to put a Cobra club in the bag for any meaningful amount of time. Partly it's circumstances of how I've gotten my clubs - preowned, trades w/ THPers, etc, but I guess that's something I've been guilty of myself. I've got my sights on changing that soon though, starting w/ the hybrid.

Glad to hear - I think sometimes with all of the data trackers, there's a chance for a bit of paralysis by analysis. Me, I'm a fan of Arccos just because I'm a data guy. But even for the average person who doesn't really care, I think having something like this on the driver is just fun. Who doesn't want to see if they've hit their longest ever drive? Of course, the downside will be all of the people finding out how far they actually hit the ball, rather than what they think they do.

One more point on the "overlooked" topic. Even as someone that considers themselves an advocate for the brand, I have yet to put a Cobra club in the bag for any meaningful amount of time. Partly it's circumstances of how I've gotten my clubs - preowned, trades w/ THPers, etc, but I guess that's something I've been guilty of myself. I've got my sights on changing that soon though, starting w/ the hybrid.

I think you are right, and I think that is also why I like Cobra Connect and am not a huge fan of Game Golf, Arccos, etc. Yes I get the system is the same (Arccos), but for me, its simply the driver, and the king of the hole and a few other things make it a ton of fun.

It was super easy to pair with my phone. I'm excited to give it a go. Hope to get 9 in this weekend.

Obed, if your battery is terrible, replace it. That's one of the best features of android phones: being able to swap bad batteries. Turn the phone off, take the battery out, lay it on a table and see if you can spin it. If you can, it's bloated and bad. A new battery is such a great thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk
I bought a higher capacity battery, but still not getting decent battery life from it. On the course I try to have a portable battery charger. Problem with the arccos system is it asks you to keep your phone in your pocket at all times... even with my battery issues this is still perfect for 9 hole rounds though.

Marketshare wise, they continue to be in that 4-5 spot and are selling more now than in the past, but it is an interesting question. For all of the talk about drivers being too expensive, here is one that offers full adjustability, has a feature nothing else has and comes in cheaper than most.

Thanks for the inside info on them having past TM people there, and on their sales being up. Frank and I both mentioned a while back how the F7 driver line is such a great value proposition. In addition to everything you mentioned, the carbon crown and the impressive no upcharge shaft options round out a terrific package. I see a lot of Cobra ads during Golf telecasts. Honestly, I don't know what else they should/can do. It's a terrific product, gets glowing reviews, unique tech, great price point. Maybe setup tons of demo days at big box stores?

I think it was JB that asked Yagley and Miraflor specifically about the bolded during THPAmbition. it's a valid point imo

I agree that I haven't given Cobra enough of a try as well. I've had the Bio Cell in the past and the F6 last year, I never gave either club a fair amount of time. I moved on rather quickly - and I'm not sure why. I know COBRA gets overlooked in my local stores a lot. It's usually in the back aisle and I don't know if that's the shops preference or whether COBRA hasn't been marketing it much.

I'm really impressed with what I'm reading on Cobra Connect and the King driver. Having these stats available would be fun. It's going to be on the list when I go shopping for a new driver.

Honest question for those that have it... as I think more about this. Do you feel like having this app hinders the game for you or changes the way you swing? Sorry if this was covered before - but I guess I would fear that I would worry too much about the app and less about playing good golf.

Don't get me wrong the data would be really cool and probably useful...

Honest question for those that have it... as I think more about this. Do you feel like having this app hinders the game for you or changes the way you swing? Sorry if this was covered before - but I guess I would fear that I would worry too much about the app and less about playing good golf.

I agree with this. I have the Arccos Driver that I won at a tourney last year and went to use it one day....and after the 2nd hole it shut it off. I was concentrating more on what it was doing than what I was doing on the course. Although like you also said, the data would be great to have.....just don't have the patience for it I guess. Maybe ill break it out and give it a second chance

Not at all. If it was full Arccos then yes. In this case, its all about fun and it is really cool info and they put it in a fun package.

Not at all. If it was full Arccos then yes. In this case, its all about fun and it is really cool info and they put it in a fun package.

Look forward to seeing the reviews on this here soon......

I may have been a little impatient with my Arccos Driver. The app wasnt reading the holes right, wasn't reading my drives right...so at the point I shut er down to concentrate on my round.

Back