Cobra Equipment Ordering: 2020 Morgan Cup Experience

I guess I shouldn't be surprised many went for a non stock option in the hybrid but you're missing out. The recoil stock shaft is a fantastic pairing
Absolutely agree! Recoil stock option is 🔥

I guess I shouldn't be surprised many went for a non stock option in the hybrid but you're missing out. The recoil stock shaft is a fantastic pairing
I had the recoil in for 95% of pondering and got talked out of it in the end. It's been great in my current hybrid

Great order.... word of caution or something to consider. The Forged Tec's come with 1.5* - 2* stock upright lie compared to many other iron offerings. (at least typical CB or MB lies). Before my order, my Mizuno's were 1* flat from their standard, so my Forged Tec's ended up being 3* more upright than the Mizuno's I play. Was missing left big time!!!! Once I saw the lie settings I got them adjusted and its been better

Thanks for the heads up. I always have the lofts and lies checked on custom orders when I receive them so I should be in good shape!

After much deliberation and overthinking, I went what I believe to be a fairly straightforward simple back with my largest risk being moving away from game improvements. Call it my inner Accountant being afraid of risk.

Driver: SZ Extreme White - 10.5 - standard - Fujikura Atmos TS Blue 6 Stiff
FW: SZ Big Tour - 3 - Standard - Fujikura Atmos TS Blue 6 Stiff
Hybrid: 3 Hybrid: SZ - Standard - Project X Catalyst 80
Irons: Forged Tec 4-PW - Standard - UST Recoil 110
Wedges: 50, 56, 60 MIM UST Recoil 110

Nothing wild, just standard and to the point, just how I like it!
This will be a solid setup for you!

Tempting people and getting them to think about choosing a setup they would not ordinarily consider. That's the beauty of the selection process. I just happened to venture in the other direction. I was fit for the Speedzone Irons, yet I ended up with the T-Rails. I couldn't be happier with that choice.

I definitely had a few people tell me to go with the speedzones, yet I went with the Forged Tecs to challenge myself with some great clubs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I definitely had a few people tell me to go with the speedzones, yet I went with the Forged Tecs to challenge myself with some great clubs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You'll find that you're probably not as challenged as you think, they are surprisingly easy to hit and much more forgiving than you would imagine. Plus they look incredible!

Really happy that my original order/specs from Feb/March survived an entire season of golf and was unchanged, shafts stayed the same, even lofts on the driver and fairways stayed consistent.

Very cool to see how my game had the up and downs, but really peaked for the MC and happy that I stuck with the initial thoughts through it all.

Really happy that my original order/specs from Feb/March survived an entire season of golf and was unchanged, shafts stayed the same, even lofts on the driver and fairways stayed consistent.

Very cool to see how my game had the up and downs, but really peaked for the MC and happy that I stuck with the initial thoughts through it all.
You definitely peaked at the right time! I don't recall you hitting more than a handful of shots that weren't straight and at the worst still in the green stuff which was very important in desert golf. Its not like at home where you can just punch out under a tree :D

The only thing that changed from my original order was my shaft in the SpeedZone Xtreme. I ended up going through 3 shafts and a weight change to get there but I had it dialed in most of the weekend and honestly was probably my biggest weapon out there at the Morgan Cup. The Forged Tec irons were fantastic all weekend as well.

You definitely peaked at the right time! I don't recall you hitting more than a handful of shots that weren't straight and at the worst still in the green stuff which was very important in desert golf. Its not like at home where you can just punch out under a tree :D

Funny thing about that, during the round at Pauite with Jos and Yags and I hit another straight one and Jos was like "Oh another one that's fine" I told him how I did my wood shafts Reg in Driver XS in 5W and S in 7w and he looked at me like

and something like you ******** internet golfers :LOL::ROFLMAO::p

Last edited:
The only thing that changed from my original order was my shaft in the SpeedZone Xtreme. I ended up going through 3 shafts and a weight change to get there but I had it dialed in most of the weekend and honestly was probably my biggest weapon out there at the Morgan Cup. The Forged Tec irons were fantastic all weekend as well.

You certainly hit that driver well from what I saw this weekend.

Back