Cobra Golf Fly-Z Driver Review Thread

Today, I had one of my best driving rounds in years thanks to this amazingly forgiving driver. Case in point, take a look at the photo below. If you can believe it, that impact still managed to give me a 230 yard shot into the fairway!

5733d75235bf230ace52e2c4ff3d9447.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have this driver. Best driver I've ever owned. Best looking driver (IMHO), is very forgiving, truly amazed by the distances I get with this club, and the ball feels really good off the club face.

It was cool hanging out with THPers and the people that created this Driver this weekend.

Talking speed channel and the USGA with Mr. Yagley was very interesting!

Today, I had one of my best driving rounds in years thanks to this amazingly forgiving driver. Case in point, take a look at the photo below. If you can believe it, that impact still managed to give me a 230 yard shot into the fairway!

Nice forgiveness. I don't like to admit how much of the face I use :)

Dave

I continue to be extremely impressed with this driver. I recently went to a fitting at club champion to compare my Fly Z against all the latest offerings and this club held its own just fine. The fitter recommended that I get a Paderson Kieticxs shaft instead of the stock one in order to take the left side out. In terms of forgiveness, i dont think that there is anything else in the market that can beat it. When I compared it again the Cally Epic, the fitter said that for my swing, they were nearly identical forgiveness-wise. The only advantage of the Epic was that I could customize the weight position to full fade.

On a seperate note, I regularly check Mark Crossfields reviews of new clubs. While anecdotal, if you look at his review of the Fly Z and then look at his review of the Cobra F7+, his numbers are actually better in the Fly Z. I know this is very anecdotal, since swings change day to day but interesting nonetheless.

Guys, I picked up one of these in the used rack for (get this) $ 70 the other night. Red, absolute mint, except for beat up grip. Have only been on monitor and range so far, due to weather, but I have never hit a club this straight. On the monitor, it was right in line with the cross axis. Took it to the range, and same thing. I can't wait to get it in play. Are the fairway woods as good?

My custom Px shaft and FlyZ head are road tripping to CA for the weekend. Love putting this in play!

I gamed the FlyZ+ for a year and LOVED it. Very solid driver. Still have it as a backup.

I just picked up a Fly Z off eBay which looks to be in nice shape for the princely sum of $68. Planning on using it as a 2W/thriver experiment; what I'd like to to is put a Cobra tip on my raw finish PX Handcrafted and chop that thing down to like 43.5", then grab the heaviest Fly-Z weight and plug it in. Then crank the loft up to 12*. With the higher spin of this driver, and an even lower, deeper CG from the heavy weight, I'm imagining this as basically a HUGE strong 3W. We shall see how it works out!

I might put this back into the bag if I can get the driver a bit more straight. I'm rocking the K15 with a consistently playable fade, but think I'm leaving yardage on the table. Last year I played the Fly-Z, but at that time was suffering from a hook. I hit it farther when in play but hit more OB.

I should probably stop tinkering. Yesterday my wife told me "LEAVE THE GOLF BAG ALONE!" LOL. I think she's tired of the tinkering and thinks it does me more harm than good.

Dave

Still the best, most consistent driver I've ever owned!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back