Cobra KING F6 Baffler - THP Review

I have both HW and Baffler in the bag, and not sure how much longer. Definitely me not the club (I don't think I have the ball striking or swing speed to take advantage of this club) and I have a 20* hybrid that I am more comfortable hitting.

mancest and I worked out a deal that lets me join the club. I'm excited to get the Baffler in the bag and give it a go.

mancest and I worked out a deal that lets me join the club. I'm excited to get the Baffler in the bag and give it a go.

Hoping it gets to you tomorrow, the guy at office depot wasn't sure if USPS had come by already last night. If not you should have it by Thursday for sure.

I am sure it will be much more effective in your hands than mine sir!

I used this club a lot yesterday. It was probably my best day with it. I'm still learning how it fits with my swing and game but I'm feeling better about its long term prospects.

I used this club a lot yesterday. It was probably my best day with it. I'm still learning how it fits with my swing and game but I'm feeling better about its long term prospects.

You can read back through my comments to see that it took me a little while to figure it out. But I really like it a lot now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can read back through my comments to see that it took me a little while to figure it out. But I really like it a lot now.

What was it that you had to figure out? I'm curious compared to what I think I'm seeing.

What was it that you had to figure out? I'm curious compared to what I think I'm seeing.

Lots of really fat contact, and just all over the place off the tee. But when I stopped swinging like an idiot and got used to the overall feel, I've loved it. Just so easy to hit off any lie for me. It seems to perform more consistently in play than on the range. No idea why other than just better focus on my end.

another awesome day with this club. hit it into 3 par of the 4 par 5s, and only one time did it not perform perfectly and that's because i tried to kill it and just overhooked it. i have so much confidence with this club, and it is so easy to hit off the deck. love the flight, love the feel.

I switched the loft from 17 to 18.5. The ball flight came up a noticeable amount, definitely more than I would have thought with a degree of loft.

In anticipation of playing a bunch of links golf I started practicing how to hit putts with a fwy/hybrid from just off the green. The F6 was really good for this. The rails help get through any grass. I didn't feel uncomfortable choking way down on the club - I wonder if the shorter shaft helped. The ball came off the club cleanly and rolled out nicely.

My local Golf Galaxy has a few of these in, but they are all regular flex. I really want to try one out 18 or so degrees.

Cobra KING F6 Baffler - THP Review

This was my go to club today. A couple of highlights were a punch type shot where a bunch of heather was being the ball (others thought I should hit a lofted iron to get it out) and using the club for chip shots off tight lies. In both cases the rails really helped.

Last edited:
i got to show this club off on friday when playing with other thp'ers. hit it 4 times, one of those was just a god awful swing and the others were popped. so much confidence with this club. great feel, strong flight.

I'm about to go from ponder mode to purchase mode on one of these.

It's going to be a bit of a shot in the dark since I haven't found one to swing locally, but it sounds like it wouldn't exactly shine off the mats anyway.

I have a bit of a mental block with hybrids (or the ones I've tried just don't seem to fit my game very well). If this can help me fill the gap between my 3 wood and 4 iron and be good out of questionable lies and in wet conditions I'll be happy.

I'm about to go from ponder mode to purchase mode on one of these.

It's going to be a bit of a shot in the dark since I haven't found one to swing locally, but it sounds like it wouldn't exactly shine off the mats anyway.

I have a bit of a mental block with hybrids (or the ones I've tried just don't seem to fit my game very well). If this can help me fill the gap between my 3 wood and 4 iron and be good out of questionable lies and in wet conditions I'll be happy.

it won't launch as high as most hybrids.

it won't launch as high as most hybrids.

I'm a pretty high ball hitter generally, so I can live with that if it hits the yardage gap I'm looking for.

I'm a pretty high ball hitter generally, so I can live with that if it hits the yardage gap I'm looking for.

then you might love this. do you find the middle of the face consistently?

then you might love this. do you find the middle of the face consistently?

I think? (Do we really ever feel like it's consistently enough though?) :D

I think? (Do we really ever feel like it's consistently enough though?) :D

haha nope! i only ask because this isn't terribly forgiving. the f7 should provide a little more help. truth be told i wished i had waited for the f7.

haha nope! i only ask because this isn't terribly forgiving. the f7 should provide a little more help. truth be told i wished i had waited for the f7.

True, but I'd argue the club is more forgiving than the average hybrid. If you think of the club as a 2h / 5w it's fair on the forgiveness front.

F7 is everything I hoped this would be.

True, but I'd argue the club is more forgiving than the average hybrid. If you think of the club as a 2h / 5w it's fair on the forgiveness front.

that's a really good point. are you still gaming it? how is it working out for you?

that's a really good point. are you still gaming it? how is it working out for you?

Definitely still gaming it. It has become a reliable mid-high-ish weapon at 18.5 (definitely more mid at 17*). It was a little rough going at first but now I enjoy the club a great deal. Once spring rolls around and temps come up I'll be able to dial in distances and settle on a loft setting which fill out the top end of the bag.

Definitely still gaming it. It has become a reliable mid-high-ish weapon at 18.5 (definitely more mid at 17*). It was a little rough going at first but now I enjoy the club a great deal. Once spring rolls around and temps come up I'll be able to dial in distances and settle on a loft setting which fill out the top end of the bag.

dude i totally know where you're coming from! i said the same thing. it took me a little while to understand the club and how it worked, and now i love it. it's super weird, but i know what you're saying. now i just absolutely love it. i'd like to try the 5/6 f7 with the same shaft and length to see what might be different. to date, the f6 baffler might be my favorite fairway wood ever.

Solid review! Thanks for taking the time.

Back