Cobra KING F6 Baffler - THP Review

Questions for Jman - does this fill the same spot as your 16* 3w? Does it fill the next gap in your bag? Do the clubs compliment each other, would you game them both at the same time?

Jman absolutely murders this thing. Mine wasnt too shabby but man it sets up so well and eludes confidence at address

I definitely hit it pretty well this past week in Florida. But, I got along with the Bio+ its based off of a ton too, really fun LITTLE club.

Only used it a couple of times on two short par 4s.**Blistered it down the middle with my Red Tie Xstiff shaft.
Perfect size/shape head with a nice feel, sound and looks great with the carbon fiber.....Keeper!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

FWIW, the crown in this one is not carbon fiber.

Questions for Jman - does this fill the same spot as your 16* 3w? Does it fill the next gap in your bag? Do the clubs compliment each other, would you game them both at the same time?

Its not really a cut and dry answer there IMO.

Length wise, at 16*, it is shorter than my 816 from the tee...but its also physically SHORTER than my 816, so it isn't apples to apples. From the deck, it launches easier and is more versatile than the 816, but again, this isn't apples to apples based on the T-Rail design. Hence why I'm not a fan of those types of comparisons. What I would do, and what others would do are often different beasts.

For ME, I would game it at 19* as IMO the small (and don't let anyone fool you, it is a smaller head by todays standards) is best suited there and that is a loft where I can take advantage of the T-Rail versatility more.

... but man it sets up so well and eludes confidence at address
Funny typo Mike. I don't think I need anything in my bag that eludes confidence.

I expect people who enjoyed playing the older fairways with smaller heads will like this club. The heads a bit small for me though.

I definitely hit it pretty well this past week in Florida. But, I got along with the Bio+ its based off of a ton too, really fun LITTLE club.

FWIW, the crown in this one is not carbon fiber.

Its not really a cut and dry answer there IMO.

Length wise, at 16*, it is shorter than my 816 from the tee...but its also physically SHORTER than my 816, so it isn't apples to apples. From the deck, it launches easier and is more versatile than the 816, but again, this isn't apples to apples based on the T-Rail design. Hence why I'm not a fan of those types of comparisons. What I would do, and what others would do are often different beasts.

For ME, I would game it at 19* as IMO the small (and don't let anyone fool you, it is a smaller head by todays standards) is best suited there and that is a loft where I can take advantage of the T-Rail versatility more.
Perfect answer, exactly what I was looking for. They could compliment each other at the 16 and 19* lofts, which in my case could mean 3w/3h replacements. Thanks for the info and quick response.

Ah, good to know that the crown is not carbon fiber. It does have a great looking carbon fiber finish however and that is what I meant by my comment earlier.
This club is easy to use compared to most longer and unwieldy fairways. I appreciate that fact as I have long arms and can control this club well.

Well done Cobra!

Does this mean Baffler is taking over your Heavenwood spot?
Sounds like Cobra made this club with me in mind! Top of my bag is being taken over by Cobra!!

Does this mean Baffler is taking over your Heavenwood spot?
Sounds like Cobra made this club with me in mind! Top of my bag is being taken over by Cobra!!
Totally different beasts, and that's why I hesitated to say anything as I want this thread about the baffler and not thr HW.

I'll say this again, this is a demanding size profile.

Have you ever played around with the XR pro fairways? How would this compare to those?

Have you ever played around with the XR pro fairways? How would this compare to those?

I would say that the baffler is smaller xr Pro fairways

This is the same exact footprint as the bio+ was, smaller than the majority of fairways on the market right now.

This is the same exact footprint as the bio+ was, smaller than the majority of fairways on the market right now.

:good: I'm a huge fan of small fairways. So that makes me happy. I'll need to check these out when they are released.

I've seen the pics but not sure exactly how small this looks in hand.

Is it somewhat shallow like the Adams Tight Lies or more compact heel to toe, but deeper?

The Cobra F6 Baffler is a small footprint FW at 147cc. It is more oval and shallow than my RBZ S2 16.5 HL FW at 155cc which is more oblong.

Totally different beasts, and that's why I hesitated to say anything as I want this thread about the baffler and not thr HW.

Thank you, can't wait to demo....
Release date can't come soon enough.

Funny thing is, I can probably predict what he says in that video before I ever watch it. Hmmmmm.

Anyways, I'll have more on course thoughts and info up this evening and the formal THP review will be in this week.

Funny thing is, I can probably predict what he says in that video before I ever watch it. Hmmmmm.

Anyways, I'll have more on course thoughts and info up this evening and the formal THP review will be in this week.

Yea it's not hard.

Can't wait to hear your thoughts from your time on course with it.

Some great no cost shaft options now available on Cobra website.
Wish I had a local demo event where I can try the options...

Mark hits the Baffler....
We have the mini Driver and now the Mini Fairway!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdrMPw2JGDA

Of course you can ... because it doesn't contain anything that you hadn't already covered.

Jman, I do have one beef with your review ... you talked me out of getting this club. Ha ha ha.

I so wanted it. I mean really really really REALLY wanted to buy this club. I just think - if I'm being honest with myself - I'm better served with the traditional F6 offering as it better suits my game at this point in my career.

Thanks for all of the great information. It talked me into buying one, can't wait for it to show-up, looks like it will be a fun club to play around with.

Since this has been out a few days now Hows it hit for the average Joe golfer ? Love the concept of a shorter shaft but the smaller head size concerns me.

I've been to several golf stores and no demos to be had. I asked my local golf shop that has just about every club imaginable to hit it and he's like what club?? first time he ever heard of it.
His rep hadn't even mentioned the Baffler or utility iron were even out and available which left him pretty torqued. I said it was supposed to be out 5/1 and he looked it up online to get info on it.

Since this has been out a few days now Hows it hit for the average Joe golfer ? Love the concept of a shorter shaft but the smaller head size concerns me.

I've been to several golf stores and no demos to be had. I asked my local golf shop that has just about every club imaginable to hit it and he's like what club?? first time he ever heard of it.
His rep hadn't even mentioned the Baffler or utility iron were even out and available which left him pretty torqued. I said it was supposed to be out 5/1 and he looked it up online to get info on it.

I have been using mine for about 3 weeks now. As you say it is shorter with a smaller head, ie a mini fairway type club that is a hybrid killer.
For those that don't make contact with the center of the clubface you will know and perhaps a larger headed FW is more appropriate.

No official review yet? I have a gap that I need to close in the long clubs :p

Back