Cobra KING F6 Irons Review & Interview

I need to find a way to hit these, Ehh well I need to find the time haha

My new F6's arrived today! Some discoloration on the neck of each iron. I don't really understand why, but I guess after a few rounds and range sessions, it won't matter. Just a touch irritating as they are brand new and straight from the manufacturer.

i mentioned the grip issue in an earlier post. No problem there, though, as I was prepared and I've already gripped them with GolfPride MCC +4's. Lord willing and the creek don't rise, I'll play my first round with them in the morning. I hope my game can do them justice!

My new F6's arrived today! Some discoloration on the neck of each iron. I don't really understand why, but I guess after a few rounds and range sessions, it won't matter. Just a touch irritating as they are brand new and straight from the manufacturer.

i mentioned the grip issue in an earlier post. No problem there, though, as I was prepared and I've already gripped them with GolfPride MCC +4's. Lord willing and the creek don't rise, I'll play my first round with them in the morning. I hope my game can do them justice!

Good stuff! Hopefully u can get out tommorow. The discoloration thing sounds super weird. Looking forward to seeing ur thoughts after the round!

Interesting about the discoloration. Did you happen to contact customer service or send out Cobra a tweet?

Even with the discoloration (which is very slight, but noticeable), they are beautiful sticks. The hybrids seem quite nice. The heads are not too small, nor too large. Unlike I've seen some say, I actually like the headcovers. Similar in style to the covers that were on the Biocell hybrids. Easy to take off and put on, but they stay in place well. So, most everything is positive. Can't wait to try these babies out.

Interesting about the discoloration. Did you happen to contact customer service or send out Cobra a tweet?

I haven't contacted Cobra directly, but I did burn off an email to PGA Superstore. They fit me and I ordered the clubs through them. I have not heard back, however.

Excited to hear your thoughts and good luck with the discoloration issue. I am sure that Cobra will take care of you if you let them know.

I bought my F6's from the PGA Superstore. After letting them know about the discoloration, they contacted Cobra for me. I felt like Cobra was insinuating that I was lying (they said send the irons back and they would examine the heads themselves). So, I sent the pics I've included below (taken before the clubs ever touched the ground, much less a ball). After seeing the pics, Cobra said I was correct and they have offered to re-head the irons.
image_zpsmwfq1rcl.jpeg
image_zpsvifukwsw.jpeg

I bought my F6's from the PGA Superstore. After letting them know about the discoloration, they contacted Cobra for me. I felt like Cobra was insinuating that I was lying (they said send the irons back and they would examine the heads themselves). So, I sent the pics I've included below (taken before the clubs ever touched the ground, much less a ball). After seeing the pics, Cobra said I was correct and they have offered to re-head the irons.
image_zpsmwfq1rcl.jpeg
image_zpsvifukwsw.jpeg

Glad you got it figured out. Now that I think about mine, I had similar marks on a couple club heads but I just assumed it was normal to look like that. Very interesting.

Are you talking about the dark band parrallel to the edge of the grooves (shadow maybe?) or what looks like smudges in the grooves? Here's a pic I initially posted on page 5 (my first ever swing with any iron from my set) and it looks like I had similar smudges too. I remeber a couple other clubs had a little more smudging on them, similar to yours. My smudges are long gone now. New irons are a big investment though, so if Cobra makes you 100% happy here, I totally understand getting them replaced.
8e0731e1-adbf-4b39-ac3a-42db51be0b35_zps8xkw3h8u.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
The smudges on the faces were not shadows. You can see the discoloration on the neck of the club in the first pic. All 6 of the irons in the set (the 2 hybrids are just fine) had similar discoloration at different places on their hosels. Could I have lived with it? Absolutely. But brand new, full priced customized clubs? It put a sour taste in my mouth. Cobra is willing to replace heads, so it won't ever be an issue for me. I dropped them off at FedEx this morning.

Think I'll take these out today, its been a bit.

Think I'll take these out today, its been a bit.

Play well, Jman.

I was supposed to play today, but I'm stuck here waiting for the refrigerator repairman ... again!

Play well, Jman.

I was supposed to play today, but I'm stuck here waiting for the refrigerator repairman ... again!

its all sorts of rainy here, but I think I'll still get out for a mud round.

These are fun, a whole lot of fun.

Hopefully we see the convo move into this thread so those who haven't seen it get to check out the interview with TO on the tech as well as the review.

Back