CONTEST Cobra King Forged Tec Irons!

MarMill

Be Positive!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Grint 8.10
This is a contest for 2021 Albatross Members:

I had some shaft issues with my first set of King Forged Tec irons and I was sent another set of irons for the Morgan Cup. I have since got the broken shafts replaced. No other irons have broken to this point. This contest is for a lightly used set of King Forged Tec irons 4-PW with Nippon Modus 105 Stiff shafts. May have to change Loft and Lie to your specs.

CPG and all the guys/gals we got to interact with through the Morgan Cup journey has been more than awesome. They care about their product and how golfers view and use their product. I want to pay it forward and have another THPer try this great equipment out. If you win please review the product in the product review thread. Enjoy them because these clubs are awesome! Everyone on Team Paradise and Team Hackers can vouch for that.

How to Enter:
Be a 2021 Albatross Member. Comment in this thread who my partners were in the Morgan Cup and what you think it means to participate in the Morgan Cup.
Contest will end 11/22/2020.

Wow @MarMill8412 thanks for the amazing opportunity for a fantastic set of irons, which I'd be happy to review!

Your partners were for the shamble was Jose, aka @LittleRat , and for the Alt shot, captain @jdtox

What does it mean to participate in the Morgan Cup?

Wow, what a great question. For me there is so much meaning to the MC. It's obviously about being a tour pro for a weekend, and playing some of the best equipment from Cobra and wearing amazing apparel from Puma, in a setting that is 2nd to none. It's about having access to the insiders that helped design your clubs. It's about competing with other forum members, who go from guys you text, to life long friends. It's about the smiles, helping others have a fantastic weekend, and showing what can be done when people come together!

But most of all, as Jose told you, it's a great opportunity to just be yourself in a fantastic environment surrounded by amazing people!

Thanks again!

Team Paradise
jdtox
jose miraflor
kygolfer
marmill8412
toddj027b
oumagic
vdubtx
duffer waldorf

shamble - jose
alternate shot - jdtox

It's an experience that brings fellow THP'ers together, a bond a that lasts a lifetime. Its an opportunity like no other, 1 in a million chance. It's a competition that maybe one has worked all year to do his best at. Being selected your representing yourself, your team and THP. Your treated like a pro with unbelievable gear. A wonderful course. JB & GG do so much for this community in putting events together and running the ship, hats off to them.

Great way to pay it forward Will 👊

Whoever wins these are certainly in for a treat! I went with Speedzones for my Morgan Cup bag, but I know the love for these irons from all that have them has been absolutely amazing!

Very cool Will! Great job, for those wanting to know, Will is an absolute joy to play a round with!

Very cool Will! Great job, for those wanting to know, Will is an absolute joy to play a round with!
You are too kind! The company was fantastic!

What an incredible contest!

WOW< just WOW ! Forged Tec for me would be an awesome set and I love the weight of the 105's.

Morgan Cup partners were @jdtox for the alternate shot and @LittleRat for the shamble. how did you like being paired up with the Captain? Good Stuff eh?

To be a part of the Morgan Cup, gawd what a question. This is the ultimate in Competition here at Hackers and to be able to play in this event! AN event that was named after the spouse and co-owner....come on! I would be chomping at the bit during the whole waiting time, to have my name coupled with this match for all time to come, priceless. I mean the matches are everything, but in reality, nothing, compared to the camaraderie and the guys involved. To be able to spend the time discussing the tech behind the clubs, picking the brain of the OEM's involved and knowing that you are part of a brotherhood for a lifetime....yeah, then figure to a guy like me that it would mean 100 times that....ya know, yajust can't put it into words, because it is so much more than golf, it transcends the game.....it's an Experience....

Last edited:
Great gesture sir and exactly the kind of thing that makes THP the incredible place it is. Well done man! Can't wait to see who the lucky winner is since these are some incredible clubs

Great pay it forward contest!

Awesome gesture!! Good luck to those entering!!

What a great gesture, my goodness. Yet another reminder why this forum is so cool, and while I don't spend as much time on here as I want (should) I will continue to be a part of it and be an Albatross member.

I was SUPER tempted to throw my name in the hat here, but my gut tells me these sticks are destined for someone else who really needs a 2020 boost. May these bless that fortunate soul! Well done @MarMill8412 (y)

WOW! That's awesome!

Pretty incredible contest and gesture @MarMill8412

my arch nemesis @jdtox from a Morgan Cup a few years back for alt shot and @LittleRat his fearless compadre for shamble.

Look, this competition means so many things to so many different people throughout this community. To anyone who is even remotely thinking about trying to get in next years iteration, just know its cherished by the owners of this community for very close personal reasons. The community reveres it as an incredible opportunity to become a Tour Player for an entire weekend. The past participants know how much it means to be a part of. Its about as close to perfection as one can get for an amateur golf experience where the THP golden rules apply. What does it mean? it means alot to this entire community and ts honestly hard to put into words how much appreciation everyone has for Cobra / Puma golf and THP for continuing such a loved and cherished tradition on THP.

Good luck everyone!

WOW!! This is incredible!! What a way to pay it forward!!

You were on team Paradise.
You team members were: jose miraflor, jdtox, vdubtx, duffer waldorf, toddj057b and kygolfer

Shamble partner - Little rat
Alt Shot - jdtox

what you think it means to participate in the Morgan Cup.

Great pride and appreciation! First, playing in the tournament named for the co-owners wife. I mean...c'mon...get outta here!! What an honor! Second, I think it means getting together with some great people who are liked minded and that all want to have a good time. To also enjoy the game we all commonly share a deep love for or have a great interest in!! To bring your "A" game but, also have fun!! The once and a lifetime experience, well to me it would be, is something that would stick with me forever. The bonds and friendships made would be second to none! To get all the gear that PC put together is just a bonus. To end, for me, it would be about the friendships made and the good times that would be had. I can have a great time talking to a brick wall. So, this would mean the world to me.

@MarMill8412 Thanks for the opportunity!! THP gets better everyday and it's people like you that keep me coming back and telling everyone I know about THP! Thanks!!

What a great contest!

This is not an entry but just wanted to say what participating in the Morgan Cup means to me. Everyone knows that this experience allows you to form bonds and friendships with industry insiders and fellow THPers, to get a boat load of fantastic equipment and apparel/swag from CPG, and to have an incredible weekend of golf and food at a world class location. But I think one thing that can be forgotten is that all of this also comes with great responsibility. A responsibility to bring the entire THP community along for the journey (before/during/after the experience), a responsibility to review the equipment and apparel (both before and after the experience), and a responsibility to do your part to ensure these types of experience continue to happen for the THP community in the future. The Morgan Cup is a one-of-a-kind experience, and it's important to embrace all aspects of this experience!

Last edited:
Team Paradise
jdtox
oumagic
vdubtx
duffer waldorf
jose miraflor
kygolfer
marmill8412
toddj027b

alternate shot - jdtox
shamble - jose

The equipment is cool, but it is more about a shared experience and commodore building the love for the game. Getting to go travel and play beautiful courses with other people who care as much about golf as you do is special. Building the game amongst each other, but like you're doing, also passing it on. Thank you.

Team Paradise
jdtox
jose miraflor
kygolfer
marmill8412
toddj027b
oumagic
vdubtx
duffer waldorf

shamble - jose
alternate shot - jdtox

Thanks for contest

Wow this is a really awesome gesture! Thanks you @MarMill8412

Team Paradise:
jdtox, LittleRat, kygolfer, marmill8412, toddj027b, oumagic, vdubtx, duffer waldorf

Shamble: LittleRat
Alternate Shot: jdtox

I think playing in the Morgan Cup means a lot of things. The clubs and gear look incredible and in return for some awesome equipment you get the opportunity to give back to the sponsors by sharing your experiences with the equipment to the entire THP community. I have found the user reviews and experiences with equipment to be FAR more valuable when deciding what I want to purchase/play next with golf equipment than random professional reviews I used to rummage through on google. Being a part of this event allows you to help spread the word about some really awesome products and give us all some insight into how the companies operates and how much their customers mean to them. I think even greater than the awesome equipment is the chance to share a once in a lifetime experience with a great group of people who love the game of golf and this community. It sounds like there is a bond from the team members that goes beyond just a fun weekend of golf and you are able to make some great friends from the experience. I have learned over the last year or two that THP is a pretty unique and special place and these kind of events are a major reason why. Besides having the awesome experience you also get to share it with the whole community and contribute to building something really great here.

Good luck everyone and thanks again for the opportunity!

Wow. Super cool of you.
I'm a newbie so I'd have to go back and search for that information. ****edit - I was convinced that its ok to enter this even as a new guy 😁****

Those experiences look really fun. I imagine the friends you make for life are far better than any equipment or experience that comes out of this kinda stuff. It seems like THP is really a family, and getting together- putting faces to names is really what its all about. I hope to be a part of that one day (y)

Team Paradise
jdtox
jose miraflor
kygolfer
marmill8412
toddj027b
oumagic
vdubtx
duffer waldorf

shamble - jose
alternate shot - jdtox

Great gesture sir

Last edited:
Very cool thing to do and good luck to everyone!

@jdtox and @LittleRat were your partners. What it means to be in the Morgan Cup? Hmm...though I’ve never been to this event, I’ve been to an event that is somewhat similar but to me that event and what the Morgan cup is about is more than just golf. It’s about creating lifelong memories and lifelong friends, both golfers and in the industry. It’s about understanding that a game can bring so many backgrounds and cultures together and showing you that you can put all differences aside, learn about each other and create bonds that are forged forever. The golf and the equipment are great, but the bigger part of it (friendships and memories) is even bigger and right now this world is so torn and separated and events like the Morgan Cup show we can come together as one all brought to you by the game of golf and be one. Win or lose your match, it doesn’t matter because you won at the game of life!

Back