More testing and messing around…

Not sure my camera got it, but the Ventus TR inthe sun is pretty cool.

Also, messing with weight placement in my LS….and…. Weight heel side….ball go far! Oof….

4122E1F6-010B-4667-9117-277DE35E76AA.jpeg

Glad to see that some of the Morgan Cup drivers are arriving, can’t wait to hear the feedback.

Got invited to play Firestone Country Club on Sunday and it will be the first time I am putting it in play!

I'll be curious to see how that works out for you. Looking forward to following along.
It will be an interesting test of the different set ups, looking forward to providing some thoughts, some might be trying to decide between the 2 different configurations.

These seem counter to each other or am I reading it wrong? Isn't the LS the more fade bias head? It being anti right for you but also saying that's good with your miss being a hook has me confused lol

Makes sense if willplaysgolf is a lefty.....

More testing and messing around…

Not sure my camera got it, but the Ventus TR inthe sun is pretty cool.

Also, messing with weight placement in my LS….and…. Weight heel side….ball go far! Oof….

View attachment 9084735
Glad you are liking this one so much.

Posted Elsewhere, but coming here with it:
My reasoning for going tour length is that I have the unique ability to test this tour length set up & move it back to regular spec by changing the weight & putting my Rivalry shaft it it. I will test both configurations and decide which one to play at the MC.

This weekend, I’m going to play it exactly how I ordered it.
You think you'll be looking mostly as dispersion vs distance, or do you try to work your driver around at all?

Posted Elsewhere, but coming here with it:
My reasoning for going tour length is that I have the unique ability to test this tour length set up & move it back to regular spec by changing the weight & putting my Rivalry shaft it it. I will test both configurations and decide which one to play at the MC.

This weekend, I’m going to play it exactly how I ordered it.
Tour Length Helium is going to be a fairway finder. 👍

You think you'll be looking mostly as dispersion vs distance, or do you try to work your driver around at all?
I don’t work the driver both ways, I hit a cut with the driver.

Tomorrow! I'm even more excited after crushing @jdtox 's Radspeed on the course today that has the LINQ in it.

Makes sense if willplaysgolf is a lefty.....
I'd agree, if he hadn't already posted a picture of both of his RH drivers lol I'm a lefty so that's exactly how I read it at first but didn't think he was a lefty so I was just confused is all

1651267624506.png

Last edited:
Guy in my group last night had the LTDx driver. Looked really nice in person. It seemed quite forgiving from what i saw, and sounded really nice.

He was really happy with it,
though he hasn't had it very long. He mentioned he was getting much better dispersion than his old driver which was a big plus.

Definitely need to try these out.

These seem counter to each other or am I reading it wrong? Isn't the LS the more fade bias head? It being anti right for you but also saying that's good with your miss being a hook has me confused lol
Yep, 100% meant to say anti-left....

Edited said post to say anti left and (hopefully) make sense!
It does! Just didn't want others confused since I'm a lefty and it made sense to me but I knew you weren't one lol

Got my first 9 in IRL with the LTDx LS and I was pretty smitten with it. Hit 5/6 fairways with it and hit some long drives downwind, and it did pretty well into the wind. Knowing I had to work to hit the mega hook really freed me up it seemed like. The Tensei White shaft seems like a good fit for me. I'm sure there will be shaft tinkering but it's a pretty solid leader in the clubhouse.

Got my first 9 in IRL with the LTDx LS and I was pretty smitten with it. Hit 5/6 fairways with it and hit some long drives downwind, and it did pretty well into the wind. Knowing I had to work to hit the mega hook really freed me up it seemed like. The Tensei White shaft seems like a good fit for me. I'm sure there will be shaft tinkering but it's a pretty solid leader in the clubhouse.

point, shoot, trust the driver, is a great traight of the LTDx!

Played my first nine yesterday with it as well. Hit some bomb drives. A much different flight than my TSi3. I wasn’t really swinging well but still managed to find multiple fairways. I’m still unsure of the Tensei White though. More to come.

Played my first nine yesterday with it as well. Hit some bomb drives. A much different flight than my TSi3. I wasn’t really swinging well but still managed to find multiple fairways. I’m still unsure of the Tensei White though. More to come.
Tensei series is one that always seems to fit me really well, but I always seem to be wanting a little something feel wise that I can't put my finger on.

Hit my new Morgan Cup LTDx LS driver today for the first time.

Stock grip, standard length. 9.0 degree head set at +1.0, Project X Smoke iM 10 6.0 60 gram mid spin shaft.

By far the easiest to use and most accurate driver I’ve ever played. No break in period required for me to get used to it.

Definitely longer and more accurate than my Ping G410 LST 10.5 driver that I’ve gamed for the last three years.

The one thing I’ve noticed is that the Cobra LTDx LS is sensitive to tee height in a good way. Tee it down a little and it produces beautiful low bullets that run like a scalded dog. Tee it up a little higher and it launches high with great carry. Very versatile!

I’ve ordered the 6 & 14 gram sole weights to bump up the head weight and raise the Swingweight to what I was fit into. Should make the head even easier to feel during the swing since I’ve gotten used to the heavier Ping head over the last few years.

Attachments

• 12C566EB-E2DF-4B73-9166-E4808ABA7809.jpeg
    12C566EB-E2DF-4B73-9166-E4808ABA7809.jpeg
    105.4 KB · Views: 13
Just had round 3 of the PXG 0311x with Helium against my Unicorn - both 10.5 with the same shafts. It’s a tough call - PXG is slightly longer (2-3 yards) but the Cobra carries further - getting a higher ball flight with the Cobra while the PXG is a flatter trajectory. Both are fairway machines and the sound edge goes to Cobra. While they are both very similar in results I like swinging the cobra more - it’s lighter and just feels smoother through the ball. Both are good options and neither will be sold off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This LTDx is one sharp looking driver. The matte finish and grey C-Crown for the alignment marker are a pretty nice look down by the ball. I like the shape too - Very impressed!

I got my new LTDx out on the course today for the first round. It ended up being my worst round in a long time. But that had absolutely nothing to do with the driver. That was the only positive on my round today.

There was a two club wind today that would normally cause havoc on my tee shots. I hit 8/12 fairways, 2 misses were long and two were my typical miss right at the end of the round when I get tired and don’t turn.

Distance was good. A lot of the driver holes here are steep uphill shots so I’m sure I’ll end up getting more distance than my Radspeed once I’m on flatter courses. The one big down hill tee shot was straight into the wind and it still was a 300 yard 💣.

In these pics from Shotscope, the Black D is the new LTDx, the Blue is my Radspeed with RDX blue shaft, the yellow is my old 10.5° KZG
7D30AE06-FDCE-43C4-BA8A-D1F247DA95D5.jpeg
7F73B11B-28FC-4AA3-8802-CAB86883D0F4.jpeg
FDC9BDD9-8C4F-4314-B1C5-09FDE9DD04BE.jpeg

Back