Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
In 2016 Cobra Golf put the industry on notice that they were just as far on the cutting edge of driver R&D as anyone else when they introduced the LTD metalwoods. While many will remember them for the Spaceport, the true genius behind it was the introduction of the first Zero CG driver to hit the market. Since then, we have seen massive innovation and leaps forward from Cobra, but without a return to the Zero CG concept, until now. 

It is time to say hello to the new LTDx drivers from Cobra Golf. 

Cobra-LTDx-Drivers-1.jpeg

Cobra LTDx Driver Lineup

Foremost, the return of the LTD name also means the return of Cobra discussing their push to get their drivers either to Zero CG or as close to it as possible. Part...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Main event time

Nice writeup James. The LTDx Max sounds like a highly forgiving bomber, I've always gotten along really well with Cobra drivers and this release sounds like it's going to appeal to a LOT of golfers.

A.I. & Speedtuned sounds familiar and it was only a matter of time before others started using it. Curious how the testing fleshes out and what kind of ball speeds we see off center.

@Jman with the knowledge. The first piece about this that had MIM weight info. Very cool.

Great write up.

I see you LTDx with your maximum ball speed potential and incredible forgiveness...

This is a driver I look forward to trying when it’s available. Very interesting and exciting tech in this and the price point is attractive too.

The LTDx sounds amazing. Ready to hit this thing. Sounds more stable and more forgiving than the XB with potential for more ballspeed.

Great write up @Jman

Last edited:
Testing will be required because based on the info the LS sounds like the driver I want...BUT when I hear The Unicorn, thats really hard to ignore :love:

great writeup @Jman

Priced under TM and Callaway but more than Mizuno. There is a driver for everyone and I think this price strategy is good. Can't wait to try out.

I like that the face is designed to retain ball speed, and be more forgiving, on misses toward the toe (I miss there). The topline will be interesting to see. I’d gotten used to the milled topline. Oh, yeah, the blue!

Love the article, James!

Smoking hot write up James.

Nice writeup James! I would love to take a swing of the LS and Max. These are great looking drivers, although a little bummed they didn't keep the infinity face that rolls over to the crown. We all have balls that are skied or hit high on the face at some time and I will say it was nice not even having to look at the driver to see if the crown was scratched on my RadSpeed XB when that happened. Love the blue color scheme though. The matte and gloss combined looks fantastic!

Great writeup. The LTDx is the driver I've been waiting for. Love everything about it 🔥

I like that the face is designed to retain ball speed, and be more forgiving, on misses toward the toe (I miss there). The topline will be interesting to see. I’d gotten used to the milled topline.

Love the article, James!
Yes the top line is interesting as uncovered it is really good at hiding sky marks.....I heard. I think it looks better with the milled lines covered.

Great write up and I’m excited to test these as much as any driver offering this year. I loved my original King LTD and played the Rad Speed last season so it will be hard for me to not buy one of these. Great looks and N/C shaft offerings!

I :love: this finish.

B3451231-D91C-4AA5-93E6-BBC66BB5E139.jpeg

i'm really keen to see some throw downs among the heavy hitter releases. there are several very exciting drivers this year.

😍😍😍
Lots to unpack here. But on first read the LTDx sounds like a dream to me.

They look so good. And so much technology in them

Also, that teaser of the poster @JB dropped in the MC thread was will done. ZeroCG nugget!

Higher launch, less spin, and more distance? Yes, please. The LTDx sounds like a driver I definitely want to take numerous swipes with and would likely not want to give it up after I did.

I would gravitate towards the LTDx but the LS has a really good story with CG. Really intrigued on how they would play for me.

Back