Cobra Snakebite 2023 Wedges

The Snakebite and Snakebite-X wedges were great at Dormie Club, both around the green and on approaches. Chipped in for par on hole 4 on Sunday from about 10 yards or so off the green and almost holed my tee shot on the short par-3 12th hole. These wedges deserve far more attention than they get.

My shot on hole 12. Bounced forward and spun back right by the cup.
IMG_2774.jpeg

The SBX and SB wedges performed very well for me at the NC. There were good full and fulli-sh shots and some better than I usually see chips and pitches. I saw plenty of spin but don’t generate enough to really rip one back.

I mostly full swing the 48 SBX. The 53 is a workhorse for full-ish type shots in the 100-110 range, and gets a good bit of use for partial shots under 100 and around the green. These are forgiving without a loss of feel or touch. The 58 SB is my go-to inside 90 yards. I lean on it heavily. The feel and spin are incredible and the touch and spin around the green are stroke savers.

These are incredibly underrated clubs. I would put the SBX and SB up against any wedge.

Here's a fun recent one with a Snakebite. Had a couple beauty bunker shots that day and continue to love them there.

I'm curious how everyone is feeling about wet performance now that we're towards the end of the season? I had a couple slip up the face recently and mine have been in play for a bit, but it wasn't expected. Any thoughts on how that's gone for you? Black vs satin? New vs slightly worn?

Here's a fun recent one with a Snakebite. Had a couple beauty bunker shots that day and continue to love them there.

I'm curious how everyone is feeling about wet performance now that we're towards the end of the season? I had a couple slip up the face recently and mine have been in play for a bit, but it wasn't expected. Any thoughts on how that's gone for you? Black vs satin? New vs slightly worn?

I’ve played the originals and the new ones and haven’t noticed anything that wasn’t expected out of wet lies. Also played Pings this year and nothing stood out between the two in wet conditions

Our league was last night and the puma were still set in the same place as the greens keeper revenge tournament. The snakebites performed so good. Was able to get some chips and pitches to stop in a lot of places they shouldn’t have stopped. They’re really good wedges

I love these out of the bunkers. Went 4/4 greenside last round. Personal best for me

I continue to be impressed with the snakebite wedges. They performed well at Dormie during the Morgan Cup. I got out for my first round post MC yesterday and hit some chips and full shots with these and I couldn't have asked for any better performance.

I continue to be impressed with the snakebite wedges. They performed well at Dormie during the Morgan Cup. I got out for my first round post MC yesterday and hit some chips and full shots with these and I couldn't have asked for any better performance.

My opinion they are the most underrated club they have out right now. They look good, feel good, the black finish holds up awesome, they sit awesome behind the ball and they are priced well

Hit some nice shots with the SBX wedges yesterday and that 52* was clutch again. Full swings, chips, pitches, and even a bunker shot to about 4 feet. The spin that these wedges generate is amazing. Even in wet conditions, they perform very well. I've been playing more morning rounds recently and dew has always thrown me off with chips and pitches. I still make adjustments, but not as much as I used to in those conditions.

The 58* versatile grind has been money for me out of the sand, it’s like cheating!

It’s been a minute since I swung a club, but these wedges were awesome for me again today. Even @Greg Kulbick commented on how much spin I was getting on some short chips. I really think more people should give these snakebite wedges a try. They are really good.

It’s been a minute since I swung a club, but these wedges were awesome for me again today. Even @Greg Kulbick commented on how much spin I was getting on some short chips. I really think more people should give these snakebite wedges a try. They are really good.
I've been looking at these. I still need a new gap wedge.

So I've come to the conclusion that the grooves on my 60 are smoked. Dry ball and some velo and I can still rip it, but it's not good in the moisture anymore and less consistent on some short stuff.

I put some bunker work in with it this summer. Normally I just play a round every now and then where I am at bunkers so I have to play out of them if I want to practice from the sand. Didn't have the time or swings for those rounds though so I actually spent practice time in some bunkers. And used it more at the range because I swapped shafts and was trying to figure out the light weight. Think that added up to a little less rounds than normal before it needed replaced.

And that's exactly what it will be. New one incoming!

The Snakebite Black 58 really just showed out today. Short sided myself on an approach and had a tough chip, but put it within about 3 feet to save par. Hit an approach on a par 5 from 78 yards to about 8 feet. Shot of the day though was on hole 9. Par 5 and I had about 75 yards in on my approach and nearly holed it for eagle. This hole has killed a lot of good scores for me, so I’ll take a tap-in birdie all day! The Snakebite 58 was clutch!
IMG_2898.jpeg

Got out one final time before the weather said no more up here. After some @LittleRat TLC instruction from the MC weekend I actually hit some really good partial wedge shots!
Wow! What a difference it made as far as being able to stop shots on the green and have some sort of accuracy.
I am sad that I won’t be able to keep practicing this on grass with the SBX’s. Will have to settle for hitting off a mat with a sim. Better than nothing but not quite the same.

Other than 6 holes on my birthday, Sunday was my first time on the course since the Morgan Cup. The SB 58 was money. From 70ish into a bit of breeze, I spun one back 30 feet and off the green. I was in sort of a fluffy first cut lie and didn't expect that kind of spin. Contact felt oh so good. Next hole, I had 90 in but was about a half club downwind. I smoothed the 58 and it hit and bit about 20 feet past. On 10, a little 3/4 58 from about 70 gave me a 10 foot or so look at bird. On 15, I had about 45 yards off some hardpan in on a par 5. I nipped the 58 cleaner than I expected and hit and sat about 15 feet short. On 18, I asked a little much of it from 81 playing about 40 feet uphill to a back left pin. A little short was safe but long was dead and OB. So, I pulled the 58 instead of the 53. I hit it about as well as I could and had about 30 feet from left of the hole and 5 yards or so short.

The 48 and 53 SBXs were also very good. I used the 48 several times from 110ish into the wind with good success. The best was from 109 into the breeze from a sidehill hook lie that I hit to about 8 feet and converted. The 53 was so reliable from 90 to 110. The best was probably one from 99 out of an iffy hangling lie. Even though I hit it way too close to the hosel for comfort, it was pin high about 25 feet left.

These wedges are just so damned good. If you are in the market, please give these a look.

I'm back to debating another Snakebite wedge. They were out of stock of the 56* SBX with the Recoil 95 shaft when I wanted to order last time. Still out of stock, but debating the SBX 56* or maybe a Snakebite Black 56* with the classic grind. I like having a little extra bounce, so that seems like a good option. Hmm...maybe I'll make up my mind by the time they get the Recoils back in stock.

In other news, I hit a good shot with the SBX 52* yesterday. Short par 3 playing about 110, landed it a few yard behind the hole and spun it back to hole high. That left me about 5 feet for birdie, but my putting was atrocious, so had to settle for par. Still can't complain with that though.

I'm back to debating another Snakebite wedge. They were out of stock of the 56* SBX with the Recoil 95 shaft when I wanted to order last time. Still out of stock, but debating the SBX 56* or maybe a Snakebite Black 56* with the classic grind. I like having a little extra bounce, so that seems like a good option. Hmm...maybe I'll make up my mind by the time they get the Recoils back in stock.

In other news, I hit a good shot with the SBX 52* yesterday. Short par 3 playing about 110, landed it a few yard behind the hole and spun it back to hole high. That left me about 5 feet for birdie, but my putting was atrocious, so had to settle for par. Still can't complain with that though.
Big fan of the classic grind in 56 personally

Big fan of the classic grind in 56 personally
I’m kind of leaning that way over the SBX. The 12* of bounce seems like it would be about perfect. The question is whether to wait for the Recoil 95 in F4 to come back in stock or go with the F3 now. It would mostly be a short game club, so I would think the F3 would be fine.

Had a chip in the last two rounds and up and down percentages were real good. Snakebites continue to kill it for me around the green.

Had a chip in the last two rounds and up and down percentages were real good. Snakebites continue to kill it for me around the green.

There very good wedges, look great too

The finish on the black wedges has held up through the hell I have put them through so far, including a ton of brutal sand shots when I was in North Carolina. These have been my favorite wedges to date, and I am a big fan of the Cleveland RTX line.

I used the 58* for a shot last weekend around the green. Shortsided and green running slightly away from me, popped it up and it hopped and just stopped dead when it hit. I was expecting a bit of roll out but nothing. Playing partner looked at me in disbelief, so was fun to see that reaction.

The other thing I have noticed is how well the black finish holds up compared to others.
I need a new 50* and might go this way when I replace this winter.

These wedges continue to be absolute money for me, and I’m impressed how much I can still spin the ball given the amount of shots I have with them.

This last round I had two shots that got “wows” from the group. The first was a 30 yard short sided lie, and I hit the 58 over a bunker, on the edge of the green, and got it to check up nice, snuggled up to the hole.

The second shot was another short sided bunker lie, maybe 15 yards. I had a nice quiet swing with the 58 and dropped it for a tap in to win the hole. It was a dagger for sure.

Used my 58* a couple times on Sunday around the green. Still a fairly new wedge, maybe ten rounds now but the amount of spin it produces is crazy. Several time I had chips that came up short because the ball would stop to soon.
I do like the heavier feel of the Snakebite wedges also.

Back