Cold Weather Golfing Essentials

or a fancy new Yeti.

Something aligns and sets the town with an old school thermos... Like hey I'm here to put in the work today... Jk

Ramblers are nice and can be had for cheap especially 17/20 oz

knock off at Walmart or Target can't be more than 20 bucks if even that.
Thanks. I have some decent contigo thermos. I was thinking the old thermos, that holds like a gallon of liquid, and the top is a cup.
5e36260ef4add89bb69b855e232d89eb.jpg

So this thread has made me realize I need to upgrade my underwear, outerwear, gloves, hats (toque, toboggan, beanie, etc.) get a push cart or a heater for my cart, and my drinkware. And I was just telling my dad yesterday I wasnt sure if there was anything I needed for Christmas :ROFLMAO:

So this thread has made me realize I need to upgrade my underwear, outerwear, gloves, hats (toque, toboggan, beanie, etc.) get a push cart or a heater for my cart, and my drinkware. And I was just telling my dad yesterday I wasnt sure if there was anything I needed for Christmas :ROFLMAO:
I bought a bunch of cold weather stuff last year and my wife was like "Ummm, you DO know where we live, right?"

I bought a bunch of cold weather stuff last year and my wife was like "Ummm, you DO know where we live, right?"
Better safe than sorry!

leggings are clutch, and they aren't all that expensive especially at places like TJ Maxx etc. It makes all the difference under a pair of pants.

leggings are clutch, and they aren't all that expensive especially at places like TJ Maxx etc. It makes all the difference under a pair of pants.

I agree, leggings are key. Also, one thing that's a must have IMO are Cart gloves. I have a thermal pair from Ping. I walk a lot in the winter, they're great for keeping my hands warm in between shots. Found them on a golf discount website in the summertime on the cheap!

I agree, leggings are key. Also, one thing that's a must have IMO are Cart gloves. I have a thermal pair from Ping. I walk a lot in the winter, they're great for keeping my hands warm in between shots. Found them on a golf discount website in the summertime on the cheap!
I keep thinking I am going to buy some but never do haha! I've got some thinner gloves, but nothing big or mitteny.

I get an email from Puma today, with the Headline: Layer up for the Season.

How do they know?!?!

1. Beanie
2. 180s Ear Muffs over the Beanie (Can't have Cold Ears)
3. Gaiter - (Titleist makes a great one)
4. Kentwool Socks
5. Golf Boots
6. Mock Turtle Neck (Sorry not Sorry)
7. Compression Wear as a underlayer top and bottom.

Titleist Performance Snood Neck Warmer, Black/Grey, One Size Fits All

I use a base layer called "Heat Keep", they're light weight and don't restrict our swing, then usually a long sleeve polo, hoodie or 1/4 zip depending on how cold it is.
Wind pants
gloves and a beanie

Layers are always good!

An extra hot hands slipped under collar so it slides down and nestles in the small of back (belt stops slide) helps keep it from feeling so cold on real cold days. Keeps those muscles a little looser too.

Toque: a woman's small hat, typically having a narrow, closely turned-up brim.
??? Interesting word.... but....:oops:
its what you people who don't understand cold call a beanie, but this is what a beanie actually is :D. Toque is the proper word. lol, just jokes.

1607697958607.png

Last edited:
An extra hot hands slipped under collar so it slides down and nestles in the small of back (belt stops slide) helps keep it from feeling so cold on real cold days. Keeps those muscles a little looser too.
Great idea!

Beanie, base layer and that's it. Will put a waterproof jacket on if it's particularly chilly or wet, and then good to go. I did have a pair of thermal gloves, but being the fool I am, I lost one during the first outing with it.

When y'all are saying "cold weather" what exactly are we talking about? How cold will you go out?

When y'all are saying "cold weather" what exactly are we talking about? How cold will you go out?
For me, usually in the 50's is as low as I typically go. Trying to change that, hence this thread, but sounds like some golf in the snow, so 20's and 30's. Will be interested to hear people chime in.

As a snow enthusiast, I spend a lot of outdoor active time in cold weather. Having layers to remove or add as needed is key. But beyond things, I think the most important cold weather (golf) asset is bringing the right mindset. Have to embrace the conditions.

As a snow enthusiast, I spend a lot of outdoor active time in cold weather. Having layers to remove or add as needed is key. But beyond things, I think the most important cold weather (golf) asset is bringing the right mindset. Have to embrace the conditions.
Great point. If you have the attitude that it's really cold, and this will not be fun, it wont. If you say I'm glad just to be getting out in December, it will be much more enjoyable.

Here are my cold weather hacks:

Long underwear
Medium wool socks
THP Beanie
Wind shell and pant if needed over regular golf pants and 1/4 zip. I use North Face / Marmot / etc. at current instead of golf specific because I know it works, fits great for athletic activities and I already have it.
Winter gloves

Back