College sports has been ruined by paying them

Has College Sports been ruined by paying players?

• Yes

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • No

Votes: 15 55.6%

• Total voters
Maybe a bit off topic, but I grew up a Cubs fan and for pretty much all of my childhood the Cubs had the same players year in and year out.

I suspect many “deals” are simply “come play here and I’ll give you X dollars for the rights to your NIL.”

Sure could definitely be stuff like that too. I mean one way or the other the colleges are "paying" them in a sense. Coaches have Largely admitted this

I suspect many “deals” are simply “come play here and I’ll give you X dollars for the rights to your NIL.”
Makes recruiting very easy if pockets that control NIL more are deeeeep

I think the transfer portal is the bigger issue than NIL money. That needs to be tweaked in the biggest way. As other said, you transfer? You sit for a season.

I think the transfer portal is the bigger issue than NIL money. That needs to be tweaked in the biggest way. As other said, you transfer? You sit for a season.
I agree as to the portal. Players are transferring every year to and from schools where there is very limited or virtually no NIL money.

The transfer portal is a killer. Guy is sitting on the bench and another school says transfer here and we'll get you NIL money and you'll play....done deal. You know they are setting up bogus deals with local car dealerships etc and just paying the player.

So it comes back to the money ruining college sports. I don't think they should be paid at all. Give them a monthly stipend.

Back