Columbus, Oh ...... Pros and Cons

Great comeback!

It is, and so is Dayton! However, it is also home to quite a few cutting edge restaurants, as is Cleveland! These have become "foodie" towns! As is Cincinnati. The last time I dined in C'bus, our server announced that they had a limited amound of kid goat available for sale. Some farmers around the area had started raising them for the restaurant industry! Being an adventurous eater, I ordered it, and it was delicious!

I find it odd that you live in Houston, which is the most humid environment that I have ever encountered, and call Columbus "oddly" humid. The reason for that is that a high pressure system gets a hold of some of your humidity down there, and pumps about 1/4 to 1/3 of that up here!

And we have enthusiastic football fans, with a good reason to be so! Where's the problem there?

And there is some great golf in the area, but that is the one area where AZ might come out on top. you probably won't be able to play every day!

It's "oddly" humid because it's so far north and unexpected! I expect to walk outside and feel like I'm taking a shower in Houston :ROFLMAO:

For those in engineering or similar, Intel just announced that they will be building a mega Fab site near Columbus (Licking County). That will generate a lot of high paying jobs and a lot of trade jobs once they get started. There will be the potential for 8 total Fabs if needed.

Hopefully there are some good courses in the area?
At Intel every 7 years you get an 8 wk paid sabbatical. You sign off and go for 8 weeks and come back. You still have your vacation time you can add on to it. Some people did complain because their significant others couldn't that time off so they spent most of it at home watching TV so there is a second option now. Every 4 yrs you can take a 4 week sabbatical. I am about to be eligible for my 3rd 8wk sabbatical in April.

Also paternity for you dads is 12 wks. You can split it into 2 different breaks.

For those in engineering or similar, Intel just announced that they will be building a mega Fab site near Columbus (Licking County). That will generate a lot of high paying jobs and a lot of trade jobs once they get started. There will be the potential for 8 total Fabs if needed.

Hopefully there are some good courses in the area?

Licking County...Virtues (formerly Longaberger), Denison (formerly Granville) and if you want a private course New Albany has one nice one with 27 holes and one super exclusive one called "The Golf Club"...so yes there's some good golf around the new Intel location(s)

She is honestly 50/50. Her best friend lives in Columbus. It sounds like potential coworkers are a good bunch. Memphis has potential to grow in her field and more autonomy, housing is more affordable (you get more house for your dollar) in Memphis/Mississippi. Im ok with either. And Golf Sim WILL be put up wherever I live.
Sounds good either way! Good luck with the decision

Columbus is about 2-2.5 hours from me. It has a lot to offer. Has good and bad just like any city. Easy to navigate with a good belt way but horrid drivers (Thats Ohio for you) Hospitals are pretty good. Riverside and Grant are solid. Wexner is Ohio State's Med Center and it's good as well. Nationwide Children's is amazing. Does get some good snows in the winter and some wind. Not bad though.

Back