237-good-advice-91.jpg

Remember no one can make you feel inferior without your consent. – Eleanor Roosevelt

I saw this come across and despite our qualms, this video provides a different perspective to life if born in 1900. Worth a watch.

I saw this come across and despite our qualms, this video provides a different perspective to life if born in 1900. Worth a watch.

Wow. We always joke about having "first world problems" but that video really makes the current situation seem less significant. Thanks for the share!

When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it. - Henry Ford

"He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself."

-Thomas Fuller

Love it. My wife and I don’t agree on some topics that seem to be very divisive (such as abortion) and we have been very happily married for 26 years.

Love it. My wife and I don’t agree on some topics that seem to be very divisive (such as abortion) and we have been very happily married for 26 years.
This one was actually pretty personal for me. I have two adult daughters, both very successful, and I couldn't be prouder of them, but they are polar opposites of my wife and I politically, and they unfortunately don't agree with this quote at all.

This one was actually pretty personal for me. I have two adult daughters, both very successful, and I couldn't be prouder of them, but they are polar opposites of my wife and I politically, and they unfortunately don't agree with this quote at all.

We have been fortunate with our kids. We generally agree, but philosophical disagreements have yet to divide us. But I do know families who have had that happen and it is heart-wrenching.

“The mind ought sometimes to be diverted that it may return to better thinking."

- Phaedrus

“The mind ought sometimes to be diverted that it may return to better thinking."

- Phaedrus
That is my life LOL!

Here is a song (sorry for some language) that I like:

The future ain’t what it used to be.
_______________ Yogi Berra

“Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow; it empties today of its strength."

--Corrie ten Boom

“If the only prayer you said in your whole life was 'thank you,' that would suffice."

--Meister Eckhart

“If all misfortunes were laid in one common heap whence everyone must take an equal portion, most people would be contented to take their own and depart."

--Socrates

If you want to grow old as a pilot, you've got to know when to push it, and when to back off. - Chuck Yeager

1607550238286.png

A version of this hangs on my wall in my living room.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or ******* beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.
David Milch
Tags: al-swearingen

There is only one way that you can stand, yet so many ways to fall.

Back