Comfortable Shoes

azfarrier

Average Hack
Reaction score
Handicap
I've decided to start walking the majority of my rounds. I'm looking for a very comfortable shoe, preferably spiked that I can walk in all day. I currently wear the FJ Dry Joys and love them but don't think they are comfortable enough to walk 18 or on some days 36. I've got wide feet so please keep that in mind when making your suggestions. Thanks for the help.

Puma Biofusion Leather if you are good with spikeless. I wear these both on and off the course almost daily. I haven't worn spikes in years so I am no help there.

are you looking for spikeless or spiked?

i found tru linkswear to be too wide for my narrowish feet, but the sensei was a comfortable shoe.

my favorite golf shoes i've ever owned have been ecco biom zero. they kinda look like ballet shoes, but they're so comfortable.

Cool. I'm a fan of Puma spiked shoes, you can get great deals on the BioFusion Lite or Titan Lite shoes for around or under $60. Spend more and you can get something like TitanTour or Titan Ignite, both seem comfortable although I haven't walked a course in either.

Used to like FJ DryJoys, but haven't worn them in years. Have done the FJ M Project, which you can get spiked. More minimalist, but I find them comfortable to walk and play in.

Callaway XFer Pro, although I'm not sure how they would run on a wider foot.

Wide feet? Spiked?

Try Ecco Biom Lace - extremely comfortable and they may have them in wide. MSRP is $240, but one can find them in various colors from $150-175. They should come in wide. Ecco has newer styles like the Biom G2 and they should be similar.

True Linkswear Game Changer Pro - not the most stylish but wide - $99. You may want an insole with the savings to put a little more between bottom of shoe and your foot.

I've also purchased Adidas Boost shoes, but have a heckuva time finding a good fit -- around the toes area, I've found they get tight - maybe it's me. And I've also found their sizing to vary between styles.

Try them all on and walk around before the purchase or make certain of their return policy.

Last edited:
HUGE fan of the puma biofusion lite's. and you can get them pretty cheap now.

I bought a pair of the Footjoy Contour Casual a few years ago and they are spectacular. They are spikeless and don't look wonderful, but I can easily walk 18 in them with no foot pain. I too have wide feet and feel your pain. Not many companies carry them anymore.

For spike shoes I like Puma biofusion lite and titanlite. The new FJ freestyles are comfortable and will depend if you like the looks.

Have you tried the Footjoy Freestyle? Feels like you are walking on cotton balls

I would second the eccos, I find most brands too narrow (nike adidas, puma), but the Eccos I have fit perfectly.

I say go to the store, try on as many as possible and walk around a bit in each. Maybe even purchase a pair or two and wear them around the house and then return one. Everyone's foot is so different, what may fit someone else perfectly, even with a wide foot, may not fit you at all of feel uncomfortable.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Puma Biofusion Leather if you are good with spikeless. I wear these both on and off the course almost daily. I haven't worn spikes in years so I am no help there.
Ignite spikeless as well, super comfy!

I would always recommend anything with Adidas on the side. Their latest line of Boost golf shoes are extremely comfy and look great too. I agree though with the above, try a load of different pairs on, see what you like.

I say go to the store, try on as many as possible and walk around a bit in each. Maybe even purchase a pair or two and wear them around the house and then return one. Everyone's foot is so different, what may fit someone else perfectly, even with a wide foot, may not fit you at all of feel uncomfortable.

that is a great advice, unless you are wearing very odd shoe sizes like me, you should be able to try some on and feel which ones are best for you

I say go to the store, try on as many as possible and walk around a bit in each.

This is what I've done, a few times actually. Each time the ECCO has won, the last time with the spiked BIOM.

Footjoy Freestyle are incredible! Good luck!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I 2nd or 3rd this idea. Have done this a few times as I am looking for a new pair of spikeless. First time around a really liked the Nike Bermudas and then went back and the BioDrives were my fave.

There are so many good shoes that fit all types of feet that you really need to wear 'em and walk in 'em.

The most comfortable spiked shoe I've ever worn is the Nike Lunar Controls. I still have mine from 2013 and they are they only spiked shoe I plan on owning. Every other shoe I have is spikeless.

For the Lunar Controls, the '13 models have a wider toe box than the '14s. I haven't tried any '15 model Nikes. But, Nike does different toe boxes in different models. So, you can't try on one type of Nike and expect the other Nike models to feel similar.

Honestly as far as comfort, I really haven't found anything more comfortable than my Adidas shoes, I have 2 pair of spiked and 3 pair of spikeless and I love them all. Super comfortable to the point I have worn the spikeless to work after the course on a few occasions.

The Eccos are by far the most comfortable walking shoe I've had. I have the classic spikeless and a pair of Biom hybrids. It's unreal how much better my feet feel after a round than they used to.

SKETCHERS!!!!

I really like the Puma Titantour ignite. I have flat feet and these have worked out well for me and I have worn them for multiple rounds, including one day where I walked 36 in them.

I want to try the Footjoy Freestyle, but I need to figure out what size I need. In the past I wore a 10.5W in Footjoy, and not sure if that would still be the case since it has been years since I bought a footjoy shoe.

I had a pair of the adidas gripmore shoes that were amazingly comfortable to walk in.

Back