Congrats: You Just Won a CUSTOM Set of Irons

Congrats man!

Wow, I just saw this, LOL! I have been busy at work, thank you so much, can’t wait to get these in!! These things look pretty awesome. Hopefully you left some good shots in them JB!!

Wow, I just saw this, LOL! I have been busy at work, thank you so much, can’t wait to get these in!! These things look pretty awesome. Hopefully you left some good shots in them JB!!

HAHAHAHA!!! Congrats again, we've been talking about you for a full day already... Hope you enjoy them, I know you'll love the Recoils!!!

Congrats. Can’t wait to hear how the work for you. Such a great looking combo there.

Congrats!

Of course I went to the range during my lunch break on a work from home day and got back to find these sitting on my front porch (just a few minutes earlier USPS). Anyway despite missing a good opportunity to hit them today they look great. I was sceptical of the graphite shafts, but these are not grandpa's graphite shafts. These clubs are heavy and stiff. I will probably play Sunday and slip these into the bag.

Thanks again JB!!

Of course I went to the range during my lunch break on a work from home day and got back to find these sitting on my front porch (just a few minutes earlier USPS). Anyway despite missing a good opportunity to hit them today they look great. I was sceptical of the graphite shafts, but these are not grandpa's graphite shafts. These clubs are heavy and stiff. I will probably play Sunday and slip these into the bag.

Thanks again JB!!

Yeah they are very good iron shafts that will hold up to many.

Congrats DataDude!!

If you don't like them though.... :)

What an awesome prize and gesture! One of 27 quazillion reasons why this place is so awesome!

Congrats, congrats, congrats!

SO I just wanted to update this thread as I think most would think this was cool. I was super excited to win these irons. I have a really good friend who I play with quite a bit. He works hard, but his wife is a stay at home mom and he has a 2 year old so most of his income is tied up in stuff other than golf. Anyway he is about a 15 handicap golfer even though he only plays 2-3 times a month. Great natural feel for the game and if he played a lot he would easily be down in the single digits. He plays a 10-15 year old set of Top-Flie irons so my plan was try the Honma's and my irons and give him the ones I was not as comfortable with. Given I am not as good, I was thinking the Honma's were going to end up going his way and I was right Friday I met up with him for a round of golf and he was super stoked when I told him what was up. He immediately switched up. I told him he was going to pick up at least 10 yards per club and maybe more. The first hole he was 155 out and he said normally I would hit a 6, I said hit a 7, he wasn't sure but went with it anyway. He struck it beautifully but it went about 165 or so and ended up 5 yards off the back of the green. Anyway, it took him about 3 holes to mostly get it figured out and he hit 3 or 4 shots that were dart throws onto the soft greens we have in Louisville right now. He shot 4 over on the front 9 after a double on hole 1. He is really stoked about the new clubs and I would not have been able to do this for him if it was not for the THP. Thank you THP!!!

Super cool, and truly keeping in the spirit of what I've found this website to be all about. Just a bunch of awesome people that love to golf.

Now have him sign up for THP. He'll be an instant celebrity once he puts up a WITB :)

That's awesome @DataDude!

Awesome move datadude

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

SO I just wanted to update this thread as I think most would think this was cool. I was super excited to win these irons. I have a really good friend who I play with quite a bit. He works hard, but his wife is a stay at home mom and he has a 2 year old so most of his income is tied up in stuff other than golf. Anyway he is about a 15 handicap golfer even though he only plays 2-3 times a month. Great natural feel for the game and if he played a lot he would easily be down in the single digits. He plays a 10-15 year old set of Top-Flie irons so my plan was try the Honma's and my irons and give him the ones I was not as comfortable with. Given I am not as good, I was thinking the Honma's were going to end up going his way and I was right Friday I met up with him for a round of golf and he was super stoked when I told him what was up. He immediately switched up. I told him he was going to pick up at least 10 yards per club and maybe more. The first hole he was 155 out and he said normally I would hit a 6, I said hit a 7, he wasn't sure but went with it anyway. He struck it beautifully but it went about 165 or so and ended up 5 yards off the back of the green. Anyway, it took him about 3 holes to mostly get it figured out and he hit 3 or 4 shots that were dart throws onto the soft greens we have in Louisville right now. He shot 4 over on the front 9 after a double on hole 1. He is really stoked about the new clubs and I would not have been able to do this for him if it was not for the THP. Thank you THP!!!

Awesome gesture, that’s what THP is all about! He does know there is an automatic clause in the non verbal contract saying you can swing them anytime you want right? :) Plus if you go to a THP event in the future, you HAVE to bring those clubs out!!

Good on you man! That’s really cool.

Back