Contest and Live Update Thread: Tiger Woods vs Phil Mickelson in The Match!

Nice list you've played there. :clapp:

Cypress Point is the only course I want to play before I die, I think. I might throw St. Andrews in there.

So I forgot to include that I have played at St. Andrews as well. I was there 30 years ago. The day I arrived they were having the club Championship so I had to play the New Course (built in 1895....not really new). When I was done, I was able to walk the Old Course....but not play it. Walking over the Swilcan Bridge was cool.

Nice list you've played there. :clapp:

Cypress Point is the only course I want to play before I die, I think. I might throw St. Andrews in there.

I will say one other thing about Cypress Point. #16 the 220 yard par three over the ocean cove gets all the attention....and it is an awesome hole. But the par three #15 (that’s right, back-to-back par 3’s) is in my opinion the most beautiful golf hole in the world.

Last edited:
I will say one other thing about Cypress Point. #16 the 220 yard par three over the ocean cove gets all the attention....and it is an awesome hole. But the par three #15 (that’s right, back-to-back par 3’s) is in my option the most beautiful golf hole in the world.

Yes I have a book with photos of those holes. I have a book that says CP is the best 17 and a half hole course in the world (jokingly referring to the lackluster 18th hole there).

Anyways back on track...the people that pull the strings should put these big namers on courses we rarely get to see or that have all the interest and mystery. I think I would pay to see some of these courses on TV

I would probably pay for it if they were to do the "Rematch" at Cypress Point!

I will say one other thing about Cypress Point. #16 the 220 yard par three over the ocean cove gets all the attention....and it is an awesome hole. But the par three #15 (that’s right, back-to-back par 3’s) is in my option the most beautiful golf hole in the world.

Only seen them in photos, but I wouldn't argue with that:
Id+Cypress+Point+15th+Hole.jpg

The 16th is pretty special too:
Cypress-Point-Club-Hole-16.jpg

I guess Lefty and Tiger are going to have a rematch.

They are playing with house money so why not? Not that either of them need the money but an easy shot at 9 Mil is too hard to pass up.

I guess Lefty and Tiger are going to have a rematch.

should be interesting to see what they change in those next two.

They should make them ride in carts with the Jackson and Barkley and they get to **** talk them and make jokes between shots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make Bill Murray follow them and take on the role for Peter Kostis and do on course shot analysis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read that the 2019 version both Tiger and Phil (opposite teams), will have a playing companion. Each will be able to pick their own partner. If true, this will be a fun guessing game leading up to the match.

I would probably pay for it if they were to do the "Rematch" at Cypress Point!

Only seen them in photos, but I wouldn't argue with that:
Id+Cypress+Point+15th+Hole.jpg

The 16th is pretty special too:
Cypress-Point-Club-Hole-16.jpg

Sheesh ... wonder how many balls are donated to the golfing gods in the Pacific on these two holes over the years?

Sheesh ... wonder how many balls are donated to the golfing gods in the Pacific on these two holes over the years?

Probably not as many as you’d think. Not because of the quality of golf, but because the course just doesn’t get that many rounds of daily play

15th doesn’t donate many. It’s only 135 yds from member tees. The 16th is 220 yards into the wind and slightly uphill. I’ve played the course twice. Lost no balls on 15.....two on 16.

15th doesn’t donate many. It’s only 135 yds from member tees. The 16th is 220 yards into the wind and slightly uphill. I’ve played the course twice. Lost no balls on 15.....two on 16.

How can I play it? How do I get on there? I'm just going to "play" one last round then give up the game for good. I want it to be there.

It's a long story.....but I used to be connected to Pebble Beach Resorts and the PGA TOUR. They made it happen.

Back