Corduroy Hat - Yay or Nay?

golfinnut

DANNY LE! WHAT A GUY!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
HEAT!
The idea of wearing a corduroy hat while playing golf has me sweating just thinking about it.

So it's a BIG NAY for me! Even if it does say Titleist

corduroy_hats.jpg

So what say you THP? Would you rock a corduroy hat on the golf course?

(n)(n). That was a popular style back in the 80s.

For golf? No. For a stroll back to the mid 50s, sure.

That hat in the image, the rope version, is Top 5 worst hats I have ever seen.
Sometimes brands confuse me. Sometimes its less about confusion and more mockery.

It wasn't great for pants, it's even worse for hats.

The smaller font hat? Maybe, in a bit cooler weather. The other? No way in Hades.

Sometimes brands confuse me. Sometimes its less about confusion and more mockery.

If I could go back in time and have it for Saturday night of the Budget golf championship... well it would have come in handy that is for damn sure.

If I could go back in time and have it for Saturday night of the Budget golf championship... well it would have come in handy that is for damn sure.

I mean we did have a worst dressed contest that night haha.

Last edited:
I have no idea what they were thinking with these. I think the marketing/apparel representative should be canned for sure! (y)

Firm no from me.

When I saw the title of the thread, I was sure my answer would be "No!" But when I saw the hats themselves, especially the non-rope/small font one, I changed my mind. That one is pretty smooth.

But, as others have said, no way am I wearing that in any kind of heat. But since I play throughout the winter, I'm sure I could find a time to rock it.

I assume that you have seen a ton of hats in your day, but you claiming that it is top 5 worst has me questioning that assumption.

Hell no! I sweat enough as it is

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Here's another selection .... Leather & Canvas

Also a big NO for me ?

canvas_hat.jpg

Ok not as bad, but not for the course.. more lifestyle style

Its a NO for me. Cant do it

Ok not as bad, but not for the course.. more lifestyle style

I'm not a fan of the small logo though :rolleyes:

I'm not a fan of the small logo though :rolleyes:
That's a good point.. the patch one is closer to wearable for me but a little larger would be good.

I think those would be cooler weather hats. They look fine. I wear some wool caps during the winter around here, they look good and keep my head warm.

Pass, had one as a kid. My last time I will wear one

I would have permanent salt lines encrusted onto one of those hats if I wore it for a walk twice around the block on 40F day in February. Complete non-starter for me.

As a "winter" hat the non-rope version slight possibility. Going under the presumption that it, like clubs, usually look better in hand. It might fit in with my slacks and wingtips.

Back