Bars - Closed
Gyms - Closed
Movie Theaters - Closed
Resturaunts, Carry out and drive thru only
Could be more coming
Shelter in place
Gathers are limited to 10 or less
and here comes the martial law, next up

Way to go Florida!!! Lol.....Gooooo Hoooome!!!

Question for all:

Are they closing community colleges in your area?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

People have fought in war, been sent to space, built skyscrapers, and yet...we are messing up being asked to just stay inside for a hot minute. How are we screwing that one up!?

Question for all:

They are closed, starting today, announced last week. Online/distance learning only for the rest of the semester.

They are closed, starting today, announced last week. Online/distance learning only for the rest of the semester.
Our community college in Stockton, CA made a decision to stay open for employees to work but students will only use online/distance learning. They are going to keep labs open for students.

It kind of defeats the purpose. I think they will regret it. So much for social distancing.

Looks like Vancouver shutting down the Municipal golf courses.

It begins.

To me, Courses fit the exception as people can play and stay 6 feet for others. The issue is people who want to go in after wards and drink. they were open last weekend, but we shall see how long that lasts

My buddy finally had to cancel his wedding in Charleston. I was looking forward to the trip, but it was way too irresponsible to risk everyone attending. Big time bummer, but hopefully it will be rescheduled and we will be able to enjoy it without worry once it is.

Had plans to play some golf with @e1iterate and @PapaJohick as well. But I’m going to keep my chin up and look forward to the good times ahead.

Local muni down the street from just announced it will be closing. Nothing yet from my club..

I guess with all the course closings I can look on the bright side, non of ours had opened yet. 😟

Over the last 24 hours here in NE Ohio all bars, restaurants, and gyms are closed until further notice. Wild times.

All schools shut down in Ohio, preschool all the way up through college. :oops:

Question for all:

I do not know about community colleges here, but can ask a friend that works at one. I work at a large university. they just announced today that we will be all online through the end of the semester. Which is May 11th.

My question is if this drags out how many courses can keep going without cash flow before they have to close for good? I know a lot of restaurants don’t have the cash reserves to be closed for extended periods of time before they reach a point of no return.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do not know about community colleges here, but can ask a friend that works at one. I work at a large university. they just announced today that we will be all online through the end of the semester. Which is May 11th.
Here they are waiting for the Chancellor's Office to wave the close all flag. While they wait here others will get infected.

People have fought in war, been sent to space, built skyscrapers, and yet...we are messing up being asked to just stay inside for a hot minute. How are we screwing that one up!?

I think everybody kind of knows the answer, right?
Take Clearwater Beach today. People everywhere. Why? Because tourists figured they came down to vacation on Spring Break, feel fine and say I am not wasting this.

Our community college in Stockton, CA made a decision to stay open for employees to work but students will only use online/distance learning. They are going to keep labs open for students.

It kind of defeats the purpose. I think they will regret it. So much for social distancing.

I just heard back, the one my friend is head of advising for, is on spring break. They are extending the break to give them time to set up all online teaching. similar to what my university is doing. But not shutting the doors. just shifting the to virtual class rooms.

My question is if this drags out how many courses can keep going without cash flow before they have to close for good? I know a lot of restaurants don’t have the cash reserves to be closed for extended periods of time before they reach a point of no return.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
something tells me they won't be receiving any of the billions in bailouts coming

Local muni down the street from just announced it will be closing. Nothing yet from my club..

A muni here closed. My home course is still open and sent a note that they were. I think a big source of their revenue is the bar/restaurant, so now that they will likely need to close that, not sure if they will keep it open just for golf.

Agree that it's one of the few recreational activities that can be done with adequate social distancing.

89474172_200082064650866_2924026989385875456_n.jpg

I just got sent home for two weeks by the owner of company to self quarantine. I feel fine but just cruised and the kids seem to have a cold

Last edited:
State mandated closures of schools and many businesses here, but no reported cases within a 100+ mile radius of me. So for now...

But while keeping safe social distances from people. LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back