Yes, I could see that happening.

A lot of people are tied to family or careers, so do you think you could pack up and move to another state?

Not really. Not because of my family but more because of hers. They are local. I am sure I could get a job in another state easily enough. Dislodging the kids from the schools, friends, family etc would be a hard hard decision at this point. Would have to take one hell of an opportunity for me to put the family through that.

Probably not right now mostly because of wife and kids. While my daughter graduates from college this month and my son is in college I don’t think I could get my wife to move away from them. I would like to live somewhere else for a bit but it will likely depend on where my kids wind up.

Wife would love it but I don't think id want to at this point.jobs would have to deliver something big for both of us

A lot of people are tied to family or careers, so do you think you could pack up and move to another state?

I have done it once and would again for the right career move. My son is going to middle school next year so that will make the decision harder if In the next 7-9 years since my daughter is two years younger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would have to be an absolutely amazing opportunity with zero downside for me to move. I love living here, have a pretty solid job, and lots of family around.

We've lived in our 'starter home' since 1995 (!) here in NC. I definitely want to move someday and get a house where guests and my kids families can come and visit comfortably (our little ranch home does not fit that bill). My wife is very resistant to the idea but I've pretty much told her, it's happening when we retire - she can choose to come with or not :) She always says 'let's see what the kids do'. Well honey, the daughter lives in China and the son is going to Canada for grad school next year. I think she's just afraid of change.

As to where we would go - I don't know. I'm very willing. But I have some work to do. I am originally from Virginia, and the idea of moving somewhere rural there is appealing.

I have moved states 4 times. All that is needed would be the reason to move. We have gained a kid at each stop so it only gets more complicated as you get more people and with more crying.

I love where we live & my wife owns a property management company, so we are tied down until she decides to sell it off but even then not sure I would move. Then again we will see in few years if/when our daughter has kids, wife may want to be close.

I moved to Houston in 1989 and it has been great for me business wise. It has nice winter weather but the summer is brutal and I am thinking of moving somewhere a bit cooler.

Yeah, if I wanted to, and my wife was willing, we could move any where we wanted, at anytime.

Of course at this time in our lives we have no plans to move out of the area. All our immediate family is nearby, 45 minutes away. Plus we like year around milder climate in the area.

Going to stay put.

I moved to Houston in 1989 and it has been great for me business wise. It has nice winter weather but the summer is brutal and I am thinking of moving somewhere a bit cooler.
I have family in the area there, up near Lake Conroe. Went to visit a few summers ago, beautiful area and I didn't mind the heat but the humidity was brutal. And it was love bug mating season, those things were everywhere in clouds. I said something about them to my brother in law and he said "it only lasts a couple weeks", and I'm thinking oh hell naw. :LOL:

I’ve wanted to move for a fresh start for a long tine. Either back home to Toronto or Hawaii,Florida,California or Arizona . But I unfortunately cannot at the moment due to family ties

Another state, another country; I'm good with any of it as long as there's no snowy Winter.

Have wrestled with this question. I’d be willing to relocate to Florida as long as I could drag my mom along with me. Out of 4 children, I’m the only one left in PR and feel very responsible for her. My sister is now in Weston, and it would be ideal to be within driving distance of her if I were to move.

I could, but I don't think I will.

I could move anywhere there is a transit agency ... at least until I retire. Which is going to be sooner rather than later. :drinks:

I moved from MO to Italy and then 13 years later to CO, so yes ;)

I could if I had to I guess. But, I have 30 years in this company and am only 3 years from retiring, so I really wouldn't want to.

I could, but have no need to.

yup

I would love to do it but I don't think I could do it. The Southwest or Southeast are the places I would like to move to.

At this point, no. Too much tied here and with jobs and a new baby and all of my wife's family here...nope. We talked about it a few years back and wanted to potentially look into the Carolina's. But that didn't really get anywhere.

I'm less than 2 years from my planned retirement or 3 bad days whichever comes first.
So to answer your question, I could move if there was a compelling reason to.

Where I live, you can drive from Maine to New Hampshire to Massachusetts to Rhode Island in a casual afternoon drive.
Moving out of state around here, then, is no big deal as you're still in the same neighborhood. Connecticut and Vermont are a little different in different ways.

I have never lived permanently more than an hour from my birthplace, although I've had favorite hangouts in Manhattan, Miami, San Francisco, and Las Vegas.

Moving permanently away from the home region might be tough, though, and moving to Middle America would be impossible.
London feels much more like Boston than the heartlands do.

Nice place. Nice people. I just don't fit very well.

Back