I would have to find a new job, but yes. As long as i found employment i would have no problem moving.

We have done it a few times already and would do it again for the right work opportunity.

I think I could, but my wife and kids would probably fight me hard on it!

Growing up as a military brat, the answer to that is yes. The reason for the move would be critical, but I could adjust. My wife is in the same boat and we're rowing together. I do think It would be a tough transition for my kids.

With going through a divorce currently, as soon as my youngest turns 18 (3 years) I would be very tempted

My son has 1 more year left in High School and and after that we are considering moving where the weather is nicer year round. I only have a couple of years at my job so it’s not like I’m tied into a big pension plan or anything so I have no problem with starting over and having him start somewhere nicer and new. He likes Arizona but I’m thinking more of like the Carolina’s. We will have to work on that!

Could I? Yes
Would I want to? No

We moved for my job in 1998 from MN to CA and back to MN for my wife’s job in 2018. There is no way we would ever move again as we have our dream summer lake home 120 miles to the north and our winter retirement condo 1500 miles south in Florida. We will sell our Minneapolis home when my daughter is off to college in 3 years and split our time between Naples and northern Minnesota.

I’m glad we went through the adventure of living in California for two decades as it makes us appreciate Minnesota and Florida that much more.

Thanks to the pandemic my family and I were able to use a house in Hilton Head that a relative rents but all the renters cancelled. We've always loved HH and realized we could do it full time. The kids are basically out. We would miss where we live but thats why they built roads.

Ha! 7 years ago, I gave up a good job, family and friends and moved to another country!!!!! I could move to another state, but I’d prefer not to. I’m quite fond of California.

I have no strong ties to my current location as I am not too close with my family, although my wife is with her's . I would be more comfortable moving than she, but I also have no reason to move.

I have no strong ties to my current location as I am not too close with my family, although my wife is with her's . I would be more comfortable moving than she, but I also have no reason to move.

Taxes? Murder? Corruption? :D
You do have great food though.

Taxes? Murder? Corruption? :D
You do have great food though.

Yes yes, all of those things are true. However aside from the taxes, the other two don't really impact us.

I have always wanted to move south or west. My wife is way more tied to family than I am and has always been hesitant. I think if the right job came along in the right area though, she would jump on board. I would move tomorrow if I could.. Ohio. Blah

Personally I've no problem doing and neither has the better half. First off we moved from the UK to NYC for her job and stayed for almost 20 years. Then 18 months ago upped sticks and moved to NC leaving behind our close social network of friends. Was it hard, not really to be honest, would I do it again, yes in a heart beat. It all adds to the fun of life, no regrets!

I think everything is dependent on why the move happens - the right job the right pay the right city always changes things.

For the right amount of money, yes! Would probably only move to SC, FL, or San Diego.

I think everything is dependent on why the move happens - the right job the right pay the right city always changes things.

To gain life experiences?
Weather?
Meet new people?
New scenery?
Being robbed on taxes?

Tons of reasons.

Ugh sadly no. Being divorced there is no way I can leave my kids...until they both graduate. I have 5 years left then all bets are off

We'd both have to find new jobs as well, which may or may not be challenging in the current climate. There's also a certain way of living that is preferred, if I may be so bold.

To gain life experiences?
Weather?

Meet new people?
New scenery?
Being robbed on taxes?

Tons of reasons.

ultimate qualifier to consider a move is career advancement and weather. although the biggest competitor against a move is family here and aging parents.

Seriously considering becoming a FL resident for 6 months and 1 day.

Seriously considering becoming a FL resident for 6 months and 1 day.
make sure you get a Drivers License and register to vote in FL! not official advice....:cool::cool:;);)

A lot of people are tied to family or careers, so do you think you could pack up and move to another state?

Yup, we've done it and would do it again if the need/chance came up.

make sure you get a Drivers License and register to vote in FL! not official advice....:cool::cool:;);)
Another CPA offered the same advice....hmmm. :D👍

Back