Country Club Elite - hitting mat

Cbdboz

Reaction score
Handicap
20-24
Anyone have a CCE hitting mat, or hitting strip? Any feedback +/-?

I am thinking of going the hitting strip way, as a lot cheaper and I can build it into the hitting platform I am making ( plywood, styrofoam insert, turf on top)...and would recess CCE strip to some height.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi. I did lots of research on hitting mays for my home setup before i purchased. I figured if im going to improve, i needed to have access to a range year round. My current location unfortunately does not afford me this option. So i purchased a SkyTrak, a Net Return, and a Country Club Elite mat.

If you really want a decent practice setup, there are a few companies that sell similar mats to the CCE mat. I found that they are all very similar, but costly. Biggest benefit being you can simulate hitting down on the ball.

The other options that i considered were:
-small hitting strip. For my needs these are too small, too thin, and can slip around/not stable
-larger thing plastik turf off of a roll. Same concerns above
-contacting a range or course to purchase a used/older mat. This was my option #2. I decided to just go with a new mat.

The CCE mat is superb. Heavy, lifelike, worth the money in my opinion.

I have one and it works very well for its purpose. Easy on the joints and is as good as advertised. Just expensive.

I have one. It's VERY high quality - but expensive.

I've had mine for a couple of years. Worth every penny. Like Molten said, it's easy on the joints.

Thanks guys

I have to transport out of the US with me, so size wise will be a challenge with a full 5x5.

Are the hitting strips just as good, if fix to my own diy platform... Or any issues. I'm guessing a 10" x 30 or x 46

I got the 5x3 shipped up to Canada. It was a breeze and more than enough.

CCE mats are pricey but well worth it. I have had mine for two years. Hit balls off it everyday. Still looks brand new.

I have the 5x5 and tried the hitting strips but liked the full size matt much better. The hitting strips are fine for temporary setup but not something I would use all the time IMHO. It moves around a bit and you really need an equally thick matt or other structure to stand on.

I have the 5x5 and tried the hitting strips but liked the full size matt much better. The hitting strips are fine for temporary setup but not something I would use all the time IMHO. It moves around a bit and you really need an equally thick matt or other structure to stand on.

I totally agree with this. I would add that it allows you to take divot shots and it's easy on your wrists. Well worth the additional money when compared to other mats.

So if combining onto my DIY structure, the strip should be fine?

So if combining onto my DIY structure, the strip should be fine?

It should work fine.

Resurrecting this.

With more and more shelter in place situations arising, I need to put together a setup in my garage to hit and record data on the GC2. Mat is my primary focus and I keep seeing my searches come back to these. Anyone have any thoughts?

I order one from Costco. 4x5 for $350 and it far exceeds any of the cheap mats I’ve used before. You can hit down on the ball without jarring your wrists and it’s thick and sturdy so it doesn’t slide. I can’t judge longevity since I’m only approaching 1,000 swings on it, but so far so good.

I order one from Costco. 4x5 for $350 and it far exceeds any of the cheap mats I’ve used before. You can hit down on the ball without jarring your wrists and it’s thick and sturdy so it doesn’t slide. I can’t judge longevity since I’m only approaching 1,000 swings on it, but so far so good.
Awesome! Thank you! I’m leaning 5x5

I have heard of some people complaining of joint pain after prolonged use (maybe on sim threads?) but most of the feed back has been positive & better(?) alternatives are typically a lot more money.

Back