Covid vaccine - what were your side effects?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my first Moderna yesterday. No problems other than my arm being a little sore. Still got a workout in at the gym today and feel fine. Next one in 4 weeks. My daughter is in her 20’s and in grad school. Works part time in a medical office and had to get the vaccine. She got the moderna first shot sore arm. Second shot felt sick and awful all night. Later the next day she was fine. Seems to be consistent with people saying younger people tend to have more of a reaction and discomfort from the second shot.

Age 60
Got the J&J vaccine last week. About 12 hrs after getting it, felt achey for about 4 hrs and that was it. No sore arm or any other side effects.

69 yr. old....2nd dose of Moderna last week.Fever with chills started during the night.Felt sort of bad the next day.Fever broke the second night and I have been fine since.

Last edited:
1st on Feb 19th slightly sore arm. 2nd scheduled for Friday.

First dose of Pfizer was on Friday. Sore arm on Saturday. Yesterday my legs became really achy, especially in my knees, and they still are today. I’m 36 and didn’t do anything out of the ordinary over the weekend that would cause leg issues.

So far I had a sore arm 8 hours in. I could not lift my elbow above my shoulder. Then,
from previous shots, I remembered to keep my arm moving. It feels fine now. I’ve had no issues. Well, except for the arm growing out of my ass.

Get my first shot Friday, not sure which one of Pfizer or Moderna, and playing a tourney Saturday. Hope I can swing.

2nd moderna shot about 12 hours ago. Arm’s sore, slight headache and tired. Took a nap and two Tylenol. Feeling good. See what tomorrow brings. 50 y/o.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Get my first shot Friday, not sure which one of Pfizer or Moderna, and playing a tourney Saturday. Hope I can swing.
I played the day after my first no issues.

36 - Got Moderna on Feb 24, sore arm and the first night woke up with chills. Get my second dose next week will report back.

I get my second dose of the Pfizer tomorrow.

First Phizer last Thursday. Nothing- I’m a ‘watcher’, so I know I actually got poked. Didn’t even feel it. No sore spot, muscle aches or lingering effects of any kind.
Well, other than the purple pee, third nipple and a craving for Icelandic Hakarl...

What I HAVE read is, especially with the Moderna, is you are more likely to have side effects if you have been exposed. You may not have realized it, or testing didn’t pick up any exposure. The vax seems to really kick in your immune system as it gets overwhelmed a bit.
What I HAVE read is, especially with the Moderna, is you are more likely to have side effects if you have been exposed. You may not have realized it, or testing didn’t pick up any exposure. The vax seems to really kick in your immune system as it gets overwhelmed a bit.

Age 45. Pfizer. 1st shot, headache within 30 minutes of the shot. Lasted rest of the day, next day fine. Sore arm for 3 days. 2nd shot next week.

Early sixties, caregiver for my dad so I got vaccine earlier than expected. Got the Pfizer, arm tender for a few hours , no other after effects.

First shot with a really sore arm for several days and that was it. Second shot scheduled in a couple weeks.

Age 73. Had my 2nd Pfizer shot yesterday midday. The arm is a little more sore than after the 1st shot three weeks ago but I could play golf if it weren't for the T-Storms in the area this morning.

Experienced the second dose of Pfizer about Feb 25, Age 65

No alcohol and lots of water for 2 days beforehand. Thought I was going to float away at Texas Motor Speedway where you remain in your car and no restrooms exist.

In and out in less than 30 minutes. Afterwards, popped some ibuprofen.

Effects were sore arm for a day, and then some fatigue for 2.5 days. I worked right after the shot, then less focus Friday and Saturday. By Sunday, I was fine.

55. AstraZeneca. First jab. No side effects to speak of.

32- Moderna

1st shot, no issues. 2nd shot..... I woke up the next day and felt like I had a bad hangover. Struggled through the work day and 5 out of 6 of my employees who got it the same day called in to work. Symptoms went away suddenly about 10 pm that night.

This was back in January, but if I had to do it again the only thing I would do differently is ask my employees to stagger their appointments in case there were a bunch of call ins. Easier said than done though.

Got first doze of Pfizer vaccine last night, arm is sore, no other symptoms. Go back in 3 weeks for the second. Already had the China plague (Covid) as well.

Will be getting my 2nd dose of Pfizer next week, so hoping for nothing worse than the sore arm like I had for 36 hours where I was jabbed with the 1st one

Had a sore arm for a day, then nothing. That was four weeks ago. :confused2:

First Phizer last Thursday. Nothing- I’m a ‘watcher’, so I know I actually got poked. Didn’t even feel it. No sore spot, muscle aches or lingering effects of any kind.
Well, other than the purple pee, third nipple and a craving for Icelandic Hakarl...

I read that the Phizer vaccine makes you repeat yourself :p

60, got my first Moderna 3/5. Sore arm and nothing else. Second dose is 4/2.

Have my first dose scheduled for tomorrow. A little nervous. Really shouldn't be though because I've had the anthrax, typhoid and every other shot known to man while in the Navy, lol. I am 38 and have heard mixed things. Wife got the Pfizer first dose last Thursday and just today she is starting to feel like herself, but she has bad allergies so not sure if that had anything to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back