Cuater by TravisMathew: The Legend and The Moneymaker

I saw something about they have a MoneyMaker Luxe now, which is a leather version. I may have to try it.

Just ordered the Moneymaker Luxe in white. Can't wait!

20% off for their holiday sale so I pulled the trigger on a pair of Moneymaker Luxe

EB34B8C8-811E-4148-BC3B-CD698CBD7961.jpeg

I tried them on. Feels like there is a little more cushion than the standard version. That or mine are well worn in.

So, I am not sure of what each Grandaddy member received in shoes, but I was given The Moneymaker in Black

https://www.travismathew.com/Cuater/Golf-Shoes/Spikeless/THE-MONEYMAKER/p/4MR216_0BLK_

I have a good idea on these shoes since they are already my normal gamers.

The pros/cons

Pros:
Fit. I wear an 8.5 and many times have a difficult time finding a shoe that fits my foot. I have a very wide foot. These fit perfectly

Beautifully crafted. The shoe is very premium looking and I love that being a spikeless shoe, I can wear to the golf course, to the office, or even out for dinner. It’s great when I know I am going to play later in the day, I can just throw on these shoes in the morning and not change them as I pull up to the first tee.

Breathable. My feet never feel to hot or sweat in these. Plenty of air is able to glow thru the shoe keeping my feet in a perfect temperature.

Price.
Comparing these to others in the same marketing group, I would say these are right on par if not better.

Cons:
Comfort. I can’t say these are the most comfortable golf shoe I have ever worn. However, they are damn good on the comfort side. Plenty of cushion so that my feet don’t feel tired or sore after the round or if I am playing back to back days.

656C0A14-F79C-468B-86AB-92733318AC68.jpeg

Got into the Moneymaker spikeless at the GD and have 3 rounds and a fitting in them. The course I played yesterday has a lot of hills on the back 9 and the ground was still wet from storms last week. These shoes really shined.

I am really digging these shoes. I wear a 9 and I think a normal width foot. These things fit like a glove. Admittedly, When I first saw them I was a bit concerned because I have never liked how a largely 'knit' outer fit for me and I really like all leather outers for stability. For reference I have 360's (2 pair), PAYNTR's, Athalonz. I have been using my PAYNTRS for the past several months and like them a lot. With that said, the Moneymakers have exceeded any expectations and I have to say that they are as stable or than any all leather shoe I have.

Not exactly sure how the internal construction achieves this, but they are really, really good. These shoes are really well made, comfortable and I will say again, very stable. I am going to get another pair of these in another color also.

I got the Moneymaker at the Grandaddy back in December. I liked them, but my only complaint was they get dirty fairly easily.

Today was a nice dry day, so not too worried about getting them dirty. These things are VERY comfortable. Grip is nice for a spikepess shoe. I put a lot of force into the ground during the golf swing, so slipping can be an issue with spikeless. Today I only slipped once, but I was standing on a sidehill fairway lie. I would have slipped in spikes.

Great shoe, but I would say be sure to spray a stain repellant on them if you have a lighter color, just to make them easier to clean.

I've worn both the moneymaker and legend for my rounds this season with one caveat. I had to swap out the moneymaker after 9 holes for one of the rounds because they were causing serious blisters on the back of my achilies. I sent my wife a text on the 2nd hole that said, "I'm on the 2nd hole, need coffee, ibuprofen, and band-aids." On the way to the 10th tee, I stopped and swapped my shoes. It's too bad, and I'll eventually get that past that point because they are comfortable.

As for the Legends, they are still such a classic shoe for me that offers a really good grip and stability. It's firmer on the front foot, which works well for me right now, especially my left foot. I might just throw my carbon fiber footplate in the moneymakers and see how that works and if I can get over the blister issues.

Back