Cuater The Moneymaker Spikeless Shoe

Thanks for the review. As a spikeless only wearer, I have pondered Cuater shoes numerous times.
I have not worn them yet in a walking round, so that will be my next test. I was very happy with them in our rounds in CA and they were comfortable to wear all day.

I have not worn them yet in a walking round, so that will be my next test. I was very happy with them in our rounds in CA and they were comfortable to wear all day.
A walking round will be the true test for me. If they're comfortable enough to get me through a full walking round, that's all I ask.

I'm playing tomorrow, debating on giving them a try.

Very comfortable pair of shoes. I was initially concerned about the spikes on the bottom if they would have enough traction but I’ve not had any issues with them to date!

A walking round will be the true test for me. If they're comfortable enough to get me through a full walking round, that's all I ask.

January 6 GIF by GIPHY News

Debate settled.

Do it! Do it! Do it!

I walk most of my rounds and that's the ultimate test for me. I have stuck with the same brand now for I am guessing 4 years for walking so whenever I can play and walk, I will give the Cuaters a shot and post my thoughts.

Do it! Do it! Do it!

I walk most of my rounds and that's the ultimate test for me. I have stuck with the same brand now for I am guessing 4 years for walking so whenever I can play and walk, I will give the Cuaters a shot and post my thoughts.
I put a pair of Dr. Scholl's Extra Comfort insoles in them tonight. Between that and the Lace Locks, they feel like completely different shoes. They're going out for their first walking round tomorrow morning, I'll post my thoughts afterward.

I’m really impressed by them. I add an arch support insole to all of my shoes. I was given the 13. Normally in a 47/12.5. I do not have wide feet.

These felt great from the start. Wore them most of the day at ECPC plus the two golf days at the Hideaway. Max grip and never thought of them. That’s high praise for a new shoe imo.

Update: today is tomorrow and they got a chance to dry out all night.
I had no concerns about the outside drying. It was the inside soles. Got a chance to walk around with socks this morning, and bone dry. Didn’t have to put it on heater etc. Literally just left them on a shelf indoors.
Again, as a minimalist packer, having a pair of shoes that dry out for play the next day this is huge.
IMG_3279.jpeg
(Pardon the dirtiness, I didn’t wipe them down after the test yesterday)

Last edited:
Do it! Do it! Do it!

@brians @Jeff Spicoli Can you all comment on the sizing of Cuater? I am going to buy a pair in the Season End sale but they are final sale. Not sure what size to get as it can vary. Generally wear 12 but want to be sure with the fit. Any comparison to other shoes sizing?

@brians @Jeff Spicoli Can you all comment on the sizing of Cuater? I am going to buy a pair in the Season End sale but they are final sale. Not sure what size to get as it can vary. Generally wear 12 but want to be sure with the fit. Any comparison to other shoes sizing?
Yes. I wear a 9 1/2 for everything.
These are looser than my Nikes but tighter than my footjoys. All three fit well. These are Literally right in the middle sizing wise if that helps.

I wear a 12 in Nike, Adidas, and True Linkswear and found that the 11.5 in Cuater generally fits me better.

I wear a 12 in Nike, Adidas, and True Linkswear and found that the 11.5 in Cuater generally fits me better.
Hmmm ok. I think Nike is tight in 12, Adidas is close to too small but fits, and I have a pair of 12 Linkswear that fits but isn't big at all. My other golf shoes are Under Armor and those all fit well.

If you were to guess think a 12 would work best for me? Do they have a long toe box with empty space?

Hmmm ok. I think Nike is tight in 12, Adidas is close to too small but fits, and I have a pair of 12 Linkswear that fits but isn't big at all. My other golf shoes are Under Armor and those all fit well.

If you were to guess think a 12 would work best for me? Do they have a long toe box with empty space?
I tried on the 12 at Golf Galaxy in the Cuaters and my foot didn't feel very snug in there and heel was slipping. 11.5 felt better. I will have to try them on later to see how much room I have in the toe box.

I wear 46/12 in Puma. and have the 13 / 47 in the Moneymaker. the shoes look slightly longer and narrower than the Puma's. I'm glad i have the 13. as they seem to fit me well. albeit just a little longer in the toe.

Beginning of 23 no cuater... End of 23 two money makers navy and gray... Two daily knits and pondering gray because they're are only $60

Moneymakers are the best shoe I've played in comfort and grip.

this was my 2nd pair of the Moneymaker’s and like others have said they are very comfortable and could even be used as an everyday shoe. The spikes on the soles provided enough grip and I did not at any point feel my feet slipping.
The one issue I did have as I will wear low cut socks and did end up with blisters on the back of each foot where the shoe and skin contact caused rubbing. My right foot is larger than my left and on the second day I noticed the area around my toes were getting sore. This is a me problem and probably should have gone up a size.

I am heading out for a round tomorrow and will be wearing these.

Nice wet rainy day today. Decided to take these out for a spin to see how they perform in this weather.
1: I was only going up and down the steps to chipping area they didn’t like the wet concrete as much as my usual waterproof shoes. But unlike my other soft sided pair, I felt stable enough to walk confidently and safely.
The interaction with grass was great. The lightness of a sneaker with grip? Yep. No slipping at all on the turf. Shockingly good amount of grip.
This is the one area I was concerned with especially when sliding on the floors of the hotel. On day 1 I remember @Jeff Spicoli slipping as we came back to the cart and don’t remember if there was water on the cart path or not.

I think this is not direct towards the Monemaker’s because as spikeless golf shoes like this have a tendency to slip.

This is the one area I was concerned with especially when sliding on the floors of the hotel. On day 1 I remember @Jeff Spicoli slipping as we came back to the cart and don’t remember if there was water on the cart path or not.

I think this is not direct towards the Monemaker’s because as spikeless golf shoes like this have a tendency to slip.
Yep. The steps were slippery. Was trying to get a direct comparison to my other spikeless without breaking bones in the process. They were a bit better than my other ones, but still no club twirling swagger going on while walking the steps.

Yep. The steps were slippery. Was trying to get a direct comparison to my other spikeless without breaking bones in the process. They were a bit better than my other ones, but still no club twirling swagger going on while walking the steps.
I bet moonwalking would be easy.

There was water and I was running. I still think it was sabotage by @JasonFinleyCG

I wear 46/12 in Puma. and have the 13 / 47 in the Moneymaker. the shoes look slightly longer and narrower than the Puma's. I'm glad i have the 13. as they seem to fit me well. albeit just a little longer in the toe.
Interesting. I have the Puma Alpha Cats and I am not a big fan of what seems like an extra long toe box. So the Cuater have a longer toe box than Puma?

Interesting. I have the Puma Alpha Cats and I am not a big fan of what seems like an extra long toe box. So the Cuater have a longer toe box than Puma?
In a size larger.

Back