Cuater The Moneymaker Spikeless Shoe

brians

2023 GRANDADDY X (marks the spot)
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Was lucky enough to get to try out the Cuater “moneymaker” golf shoe. I am 100% a spikeless golf shoe wearer so it’s an easy one to review.
First: the looks

They look good. I mean everyday not just golf wear look good.

Comfort: the first round I wore them without breaking them in, there was a bit of tightness on the front of the ankle. Wore them again the next day and didn’t have the same problem.
Really might need a bit more break in time.
The width was great. I have medium width feet and there was plenty of room. Even in the toes. They really do feel like running shoes

The turf interaction was great. Zero grip issues on the dry turf. The only issue was on side hills. Because they are really soft sided they rolled a bit. But not nearly as much as my regular gamers ( which are also really soft sided sneaker style).

Every bit, and maybe even more important, they let my feet breathe. In a hot dry environment my socks were dry after the round. If I had to play a round and go straight home without changing them out I’d feel really comfortable doing so.
More thoughts to come. IMG_2637.jpegIMG_2638.jpegIMG_2636.jpeg

Last edited:
Cuater is good stuff.

I got to try a pair 2 years ago. Great shoes and well made!

Well done on starting this thread! I now have two pairs of these and absolutley love them!

I wear the Moneymaker quite a bit and they are very comfortable

I got to try a pair 2 years ago. Great shoes and well made!
Can’t wait to wear these all season to be able to give updates on durability etc.

Those look super comfortable. Would probably be great for those ailing with a miserable back, like me.

Those look super comfortable. Would probably be great for those ailing with a miserable back, like me.
Yes. I feel that. As I’m usually on concrete wearing steel toe boots, So far, the heels on these felt like heaven for my back.

I was lucky enough to receive a pair of the Cuater Moneymakers also. The overall construction is great - I love the upper material which is flexible and breathable, and the sole offers excellent grip. I wore them for two rounds of golf at The Grandaddy and never had any problems with traction. They're great looking shoes both on and off the course, very versatile. I've worn them off the course with casual wear and they don't look out of place in the least - it doesn't look like you're wearing "golf shoes".

Full disclosure - while the initial comfort is great, I experienced some foot pain in the ball of my foot later in rounds. I have a wide mid-foot, but I'm not sure I understand the problem as the Moneymakers seem plenty wide and the upper is flexible enough that it should have no problem expanding to accommodate my foot. They could need a bit more break-in, or I may need to experiment with the lacing. I'm going to put Lock Laces in them, which I use in all my golf shoes because they allow more room for expansion, and if that fails I'll try a different set of insoles. I really like the shoes and want them to work for me, so I'll keep working with them and will have more thoughts to come.

I settled into them going into GD Day 2 and been wearing them ever since. They are very comfortable. Ironically I got a pair two weeks before in a different color as they were 70% off at GG. So now I’m quite set for the future. I can’t help noticing my wedge and putting game has been better since the change. Probably a coincidence but it’s interesting.

I was lucky enough to receive a pair of the Cuater Moneymakers also. The overall construction is great - I love the upper material which is flexible and breathable, and the sole offers excellent grip. I wore them for two rounds of golf at The Grandaddy and never had any problems with traction. They're great looking shoes both on and off the course, very versatile. I've worn them off the course with casual wear and they don't look out of place in the least - it doesn't look like you're wearing "golf shoes".

Full disclosure - while the initial comfort is great, I experienced some foot pain in the ball of my foot later in rounds. I have a wide mid-foot, but I'm not sure I understand the problem as the Moneymakers seem plenty wide and the upper is flexible enough that it should have no problem expanding to accommodate my foot. They could need a bit more break-in, or I may need to experiment with the lacing. I'm going to put Lock Laces in them, which I use in all my golf shoes because they allow more room for expansion, and if that fails I'll try a different set of insoles. I really like the shoes and want them to work for me, so I'll keep working with them and will have more thoughts to come.
I wear a wide or even an extra wide shoe, I can’t do the Moneymaker.

Thanks for the review. As a spikeless only wearer, I have pondered Cuater shoes numerous times.

I wear a wide or even an extra wide shoe, I can’t do the Moneymaker.
It's weird, some shoes I need wides and others I don't. The Moneymakers don't look particularly narrow to me, which is why I can't figure it out and think I can work with them to make them as good as I want them to be.

Honestly, leading up to The Grandaddy, I had huge hesitations whenit came to these shoes. Couldn't find them anywhere to try on at all, until a local store brought them in about a month before the trip. I thought I would need to size up to an 11, despitetypically wearing a 10. I just could not get my feet into them, thinking the toe box wascausing me issues.

Fast forward to the day we were provided the shoes, and I still had issues. I thought they fit super tight, and was getting rubbing on my heels.

Turns out, to alleviate the issues I was having, I just needed to not lace the top hole. My foot went into the shoe better, rubbing was less of an issue.

Comfortable on course and off. I maybe shouldnt have worn them for the cart race (slipped off the start on concrete). I thought they had excellent traction on the course, seeing the faiways, the rough, and plenty of sand.

Would I recommend? Definitely. Cery comfortable and look great!

I'm a big fan of the ones I have, especially in the summer. Lightweight, comfortable, good grip. I do try to avoid them this time of year though because they collect leaves like it's their job.

These are great shoes and I wore my pair until they just couldn’t hold up to the wet grass/dew. I got the light colored grey option and annoyingly wore oil a lot to keep clean

Comfort wise and how they got nothing came close. I like to say it’s like walking on clouds. I’m in the market for some new shoes and it’s down to these and the alpha cats

I bought the luxe version last year and have really enjoyed them. I wish they were slightly bigger but it’s mostly my right foot that thinks that. Haha

I have worn them in sloppy wet conditions and they have held up well. The luxe version is leather in case you’re not familiar with them. I wish they were a little easier to clean.

I walk a lot and have a couple of pair of these and they are super comfortable. The luxe are great too on those times the course is wet.

Nice wet rainy day today. Decided to take these out for a spin to see how they perform in this weather.
1: I was only going up and down the steps to chipping area they didn’t like the wet concrete as much as my usual waterproof shoes. But unlike my other soft sided pair, I felt stable enough to walk confidently and safely.
The interaction with grass was great. The lightness of a sneaker with grip? Yep. No slipping at all on the turf. Shockingly good amount of grip.

2: These are not waterproof 😂. But that’s not the point today. I knew I’d be getting them soaked through. I wanted to. Today is about tomorrow and how well they recover and how long. As a minimalist traveler my one pair of golf shoes need to recover.
I’ll be keeping an eye on them tonight hour by hour. For science.
To be continued tomorrow…

Love my cuater ringers

It's weird, some shoes I need wides and others I don't. The Moneymakers don't look particularly narrow to me, which is why I can't figure it out and think I can work with them to make them as good as I want them to be.
Update: I put a set of Lock Laces into the Moneymakers and preliminary results tell me the comfort is a lot better. I'm going to do some extended wear tests to see if the change did what I needed, but it seems promising.

Update: I put a set of Lock Laces into the Moneymakers and preliminary results tell me the comfort is a lot better. I'm going to do some extended wear tests to see if the change did what I needed, but it seems promising.
Can’t wait to hear more results. Tempted to grab some regardless…

They are half price right now!

I liked so much about these shoes, but they were slicing up the back of my Achillies so bad that I had to move on.

Can’t wait to hear more results. Tempted to grab some regardless…
I have them in every pair of golf shoes I own, they're usually the first thing I do.

Back