Custom fitting for ball and clubs

toohottie

Reaction score
Handicap
I just wanted to get some opinions on custom fitting your clubs and ball fitting. I usually play in a foursome of friends and they all have their clubs fit. One of my buddies just got his done, but he says the jury is still out if it was beneficial. What are your thoughts?

I just wanted to get some opinions on custom fitting your clubs and ball fitting. I usually play in a foursome of friends and they all have their clubs fit. One of my buddies just got his done, but he says the jury is still out if it was beneficial. What are your thoughts?

Incredibly beneficial. Why play something that is fit for somebody else when you have your clubs fit for your swing.
Not all shafts are created equally. One companies stiff can be anothe regular
Lie angles change can mean hitting off the toe rather than the sweet spot
Length can cause trouble across the board.
And so much more.

We have had numerous articles on the home page on different types of fitting. And we have a thread that was just started with a person doing a shaft change off of static fitting.

It can't hurt to have both done. At the very least get a ball fitting done which should help right away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One thing to remember is that if a fitting makes drastic changes to your clubs it will take a bit to get used to them.

well worth it

Yes, definitely worth it. You wouldn't wear shoes that are too large or too small, would you? :)

Yes, definitely worth it. You wouldn't wear shoes that are too large or too small, would you? :)

D'oh!! Thats what I was going to say!!

Back