David Feherty's son dead at 29.

Oh man I hate to hear that. David's been through so much. I hope he gets help in overcoming this. It won't be easy to stay out of very dark places.

Awful, just awful.

RIP.. Cant even imagine losing a son.

Can't imagine the grief a family goes through in these situations. Best wishes to David and his family. Very sad news.

Man that's so horrible. That's a man that has been through a lot, wishing him and his family thoughts and prayers.

Horrible news. Thoughts and prayers with the Feherty family.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Horrible news that a life so young was cut short

I can't imagine a worse situation for a parent. Just horrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is sad to hear.

I really hope David is able to remain strong through this, and not let it drag him back into a bad space. It's super sad to hear, but unfortunately it's not uncommon today.

Can't imagine what he is going through. Thoughts and prayers are with David and his family.

Responded earlier but my note was trite. I've laid a son to rest, no words, no actions, no good deeds will make you feel better. It's a pain that can't be explained. I truly feel bad for David and his family, not empty words but sorrow. No one gets it. The first time you go to the store, a ballgame, a round of golf and you see a father and son you mourn your loss and it hurts more then anything you've experienced. You want to spend all your time trying to make things right, for your wife, your kids, and yourself and invariably you will fail. It's a no win situation and years will pass and the pain will go away some days and then it will hit you like a sledgehammer on other days. I wish that feeling on no one. It ends up defining who you are and you just have to accept that the pain will always be there.

I feel for you David and wish you and your family all the peace you can find.

My brother-in-law has lived this and as Noline already said, it defines who you are. I also hope he finds as much peace as he can soon.

What a shame, addiction does not discriminate. Thoughts and prayers to the family

Really sad and unfortunately hits very close to home for me.

Such terrible news. I can't even fathom what he and his family must be going through right now.

I've not experienced it personally, but I have seen it enough that I cannot imagine any pain and grief close to that of a parent burying a child.

Deepest sympathies to David and all on here who have written of their own experiences.

Responded earlier but my note was trite. I've laid a son to rest, no words, no actions, no good deeds will make you feel better. It's a pain that can't be explained. I truly feel bad for David and his family, not empty words but sorrow. No one gets it. The first time you go to the store, a ballgame, a round of golf and you see a father and son you mourn your loss and it hurts more then anything you've experienced. You want to spend all your time trying to make things right, for your wife, your kids, and yourself and invariably you will fail. It's a no win situation and years will pass and the pain will go away some days and then it will hit you like a sledgehammer on other days. I wish that feeling on no one. It ends up defining who you are and you just have to accept that the pain will always be there.

I am so terribly sorry for your loss. I can not possibly imagine your sorrow. God speed in healing.

Very well said brother. Your post brought tears to my eyes as I am right there with you. My son died of an overdose a year ago this past Sunday and everything you wrote is spot on regarding my thoughts and feelings. Sunday was obviously especially hard. Some days bring happy memories of good times with him and other days bring almost unbearable sorrow that he is no longer with us. As you said, I wish that feeling and circumstance on no one. Nothing in this world can make up for the loss of one of your children.

Peace and love.

Last edited:
Back