DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will echo what Rob said about 1757 very nice course and great practice facility. It has a lot of water on it also which is odd for where it is located.

I am surprised that there aren't more courses right near National Harbor. Don't venture much across the river haha
Well two fairly close ones, Potmac Ridge which is a shame to hear has gone down hill.

The LP (I won't even do them the justice of mentioning the full name..ha) as I've said more than once, it had the potential to be the premier course in that part of the area. But I won't :deadhorse:

CAA_Beat:
The 8 times I played in Florida, none of the greens fees with carts cost me more than $20 each. The last two rounds I played cost me $16 each :) I tried to take advantage of it to work on my swing on the course!

DC MD VA Area Chat

Nice MDH. Well I didn't make it to Arundel tonight. But I did have time to through a 30 min fitting at GG on FlightScope....props to THP latest partner.

Some of the best numbers I've seen this year on a club that wasn't really high on my initial demo list.

R15 and R15 TP. The results were pretty much exactly what a good friend at TMAG said they'd be if I gave them both an honest look.

I won't bore everyone with all the numbers. But suffice to say I hadn't seen triple digits on my SS in quite some time and hadn't seen ball speeds approaching 145 in like forever.

Granted those were the high end. Most were 95 to 97. But still 8-10 mph better than some other fittings.

Phones may be ringing in Carlsbad this week LOL

CAA_Beat:
I wouldn't of guessed the R15 series as I thought the aeroburner was more of their distance based driver! I guess I'll have to put that on my list to try whenever I get a chance to hit one of the local demo days. I was planning to hit the demo day at Nighthawk tonight but a last minute meeting at my kid's school has been called so that derailed the demo day visit :( I went back to the G15 after not hitting the RFX consistently enough to earn a spot in the bag. Basically went back to my bag from 4 years ago except for the wedges, LOL. Looking at possibly changing out the driver to eek out more distance and the putter as the C03 just hasn't helped my putting as much as I thought it would.

I can understand why you would think that, makes sense.

But one thing that has become crystal clear to me over reading several of the great threads that are ongoing right now.

The longest driver for you may not be the longest for me. Factor in all the variables that go with different swings, you get totally different results.

So that's one reason I've been demoing the heck out of drivers as much as I can. I still have a couple I want to try and see how they work for me.

For anyone or any company to just state simply XYZ driver is the longest or best driver out there, is just not accurate.

If you haven't already, you should check out some of those threads. I'm on Tapatalk now so I can't link easily. But look and you find them.

Shorter vs longer (shaft length discussion)

The UST Live thread

KBS thread

FlightScope thread

And I'm probably missing a few others. It's All good stuff.

CAA_Beat:
I was just going with what TaylorMade was marketing the drivers for. Agree though, a head and driver shaft that fits one person may not fit another. That was why I was really bummed that I didn't make the AGP day as I would of been able to try all the drivers outside in one location. Now I've got to figure out how to hit all the demo days to try the different drivers.

Okay fellow DMVers:

Who's going out this weekend? When? Where? And do you want/need a second or third or fourth or...?

Weather should be cooperative for the most part. I'm going to make the most of my temporary bachelorhood. All the better if I can do it with some fellow THPers.

CAA_Beat:
I was just going with what TaylorMade was marketing the drivers for. Agree though, a head and driver shaft that fits one person may not fit another. That was why I was really bummed that I didn't make the AGP day as I would of been able to try all the drivers outside in one location. Now I've got to figure out how to hit all the demo days to try the different drivers.

Oh I know the Aero is supposed to be lighter faster and longer, and it's gotten some really good tour use as well.

I certainly am no marketing expert, but I figure they have to market one driver as "the longest" and so they put the marketing dollars behind that and put a lot of tour money behind the R15. Its funny I think the same thing happened with Callaway to an extent, they put the Alpha as the Tour driver and the XR for the masses, then the pros saw how good the XR was and many stated using it.

I really like the way the R15 sets up, it's a bit shorter than some of the others,so that helps in the weight area and contact area as well...at least in my thoughts.

yeah, I was very disappointed that I didn't get to the demo day, but in truth I'm probably much better off with the help from GG yesterday ;)

I'm going to go to the Arundel Demo Day today. Anyone else able to make it? Love to meet up with some of y'all sometime soon though! I live just outside Baltimore.
So did you make it? How'd it go?

At the prestigious Pinecrest for an after work 9 holes

4b0282ce9f63730c5fcadbf49f5e9db6.jpg

Emart and I are looking to get out Sunday afternoon. Anyone interested?we have 1251 at Queenstown on the River course.

Emart and I are looking to get out Sunday afternoon. Anyone interested?we have 1251 at Queenstown on the River course.
Damn Caps play at noon or I might have tried to make this happen. Looking like a Early Saturday morning round for me

5 over with an eagle and birdie Hahaha this game!

The Eagle was on a Par 5 that really should be a Par 4 bc of the distance but they an eagle is still and eagle!

Putter was Ehh if you take away the bird and eagle really need to work on this part of my game

Beauty day when I teed off started to get a little dark at the end of the round.

77daf41ce963ceba425be992c8f479b0.jpg

Damn Caps play at noon or I might have tried to make this happen. Looking like a Early Saturday morning round for me
Wow! So a freaking hockey game trumps playing with THPers? Yeah gutted!

Haha sorry man. It is the playoffs if was a regular season game I would be there and I have to start the twins off right get the hockey ingrained early

Haha sorry man. It is the playoffs if was a regular season game I would be there and I have to start the twins off right get the hockey ingrained early

i think i just shed a tear reading this "dis"...enjoy the game and go Sabres..oh wait they suck so maybe next year.

It's caps hockey! Good lord history say the let down is right around the corner.

This is not about them sorry barrages. This is about priorities. Hahahaha
Yeah yeah I know we will tee it up soon man

Hmmmh?

Didn't realize I wandered into the 2015 NHL thread, someone should alert Dev that it has moved

Didn't realize I wandered into the 2015 NHL thread, someone should alert Dev that it has moved
Hockey is always on the brain and now it is playoff time....

At the prestigious Pinecrest for an after work 9 holes

I work in falls church and I forgot all about that place. Last time I played there I was a 30 handicap and hit two houses! I'm back from Texas next week, we should meet up for a round there after work and you can give me some fathering tips. My first is almost here!

A bridge (literally) too far for me; it would be a 2.5hr ride one way, and I need to be back in VA by 1800. No way I can make those numbers work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back