DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone played Whiskey Creek in Urbana. Ernie Els first design.
Played it once a year or so ago - well 1/2 of it at least. Nice course, but incredibly slow the day we were there. Three hours to play the front. When we got to #11 and had two groups in front of us waiting to tee off, we went back and played the front again (was afternoon and not many groups had gone out in last hour or so).

One of these days I'll get back up there to play the rest. For me it was on par with most of the other nice courses up there and worth trying but I'd sooner go back to the other courses that have more reasonable rates.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

yes and it's a great course...one if the best in the area. Worth the price of admission.

The closing hole is downhill with the remnants of a farm house in the middle of the fairway. Very cool but makes it a little challenging.

Post via Taptalk

The closing hole is downhill with the remnants of a farm house in the middle of the fairway. Very cool but makes it a little challenging.

Post via Taptalk
The house has never been a problem for me. When we first started playing there I just flew it over the house from the blues. Now from the whites I'm 30 yards short of it. So problem solved ��

The house has never been a problem for me. When we first started playing there I just flew it over the house from the blues. Now from the whites I'm 30 yards short of it. So problem solved ?
Ha ha ha. Atleast you FLEW the house at one point...

Post via Taptalk

DC MD VA Area Chat

Ha ha ha. Atleast you FLEW the house at one point...

Post via Taptalk

For the first part, To quote Bruce Springsteen "Glory Days"

And for the later part quoting Clint Eastwood " A man has to know his limitations"

EMART,Lee and I have room for 1 at Blue Mash on Sunday at 1130. EMART needs to know by 11 today if anyone is interested in Joining.

EMART,Lee and I have room for 1 at Blue Mash on Sunday at 1130. EMART needs to know by 11 today if anyone is interested in Joining.
Awe man, I'd jump on that in a heartbeat if I want already doing a family thing at Massenutten for the week. Have fun guys. One of my favorite tracks.

Post via Taptalk

My favorite local Maryland course - including Bulle Rock. ( Lodestone up in Deep Creek is my favorite )

The house has never been a problem for me. When we first started playing there I just flew it over the house from the blues. Now from the whites I'm 30 yards short of it. So problem solved ��

Pretty much same here. Used to carry it from the air when I first played it, Now I have just enough that from the whites I can carry it if I catch one perfect - but that never seems to happen!.

If I recall, there was some discussion regarding the potential for a VA versus MD Ryder Cup styled event. I remember because for me, my heart remains in VA, but I reside in MD. Has this been dropped or is it continued to be considered.

OBTW: Can anyone guess who won the NCAA baseball national championship?

If I recall, there was some discussion regarding the potential for a VA versus MD Ryder Cup styled event. I remember because for me, my heart remains in VA, but I reside in MD. Has this been dropped or is it continued to be considered.

Congrats to the Cavs - Maryland had those guys twice... no relief pitching is a beotch!

If it does happen are you defecting to Dixie?

Congrats to the hoos. Maybe you can beat your in state rival in football this year :p

It rained pretty hard yesterday. Is anyone going out anyway or have a feel for somewhere that might be passable? I'm dying to get out but everywhere I call says they have standing water

We played Blue mash today and it was cart path only but was vey playable,
The course usually dries out ok. But we had a monsoon there a few years ago during the Solstice survival....and that pond between 11 and littealy flooded over the entire 11th hole and most of the entire 12th fairway. It became a lake not a pond.

The course usually dries out ok. But we had a monsoon there a few years ago during the Solstice survival....and that pond between 11 and littealy flooded over the entire 11th hole and most of the entire 12th fairway. It became a lake not a pond.
Many bunkers were under water, and the wind was a real treat today.

Many bunkers were under water, and the wind was a real treat today.
We went for a walk this morning and felt thst wind. I was thinking about you guys.

Not fun playing 16 and 18 from the blues into the wind.
Ha...I hear that. 18 into the wind and uphill can make you think you're never going to get there.

2nd shots from 340.
Made for the Mini :) Well maybe Dustin Johnson hitting a mini.

I have honestly hit driver, three wood, three wood and 9 iron before, all very solid on that hole before into the wind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back