DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha...I hear that. 18 into the wind and uphill can make you think you're never going to get there.
Driver, 4 iron,pw got it done

Did the u45 get hung up in the breeze? I was guessing that is what you pulled for your second...

Was watching the Golf Channel, it seems some guy playing Laurel Hills made 3 holes in one in the same round to shoot a 57. I think it was in one of those Golf Styles events.

I'm off Thursday through Monday. Anyone available to play Thursday or Friday? I know it's a haul for you guys, but I have 2 tee times for Wyncote in Oxford Pa. for sunday morning. Tremendous course - 35.00!!

Was watching the Golf Channel, it seems some guy playing Laurel Hills made 3 holes in one in the same round to shoot a 57. I think it was in one of those Golf Styles events.

I have played with this guy before at Quantico. He is legit. He shot a 59 at Quantico during a tournament. They have his scorecard blew up in the clubhouse.

Playing Westfields on Sunday for my buddies yearly best ball competition, really looking forward to it.

Anyone play there this year?

Seriously considering driving over to the Greenbrier Classic this Friday since I have the day off but its like a 3.5 hour drive each way. Never been though and I hear its awesome. Has anyone ever been or have an opinion? Its a lot of driving, but tempting anyway.

Seriously considering driving over to the Greenbrier Classic this Friday since I have the day off but its like a 3.5 hour drive each way. Never been though and I hear its awesome. Has anyone ever been or have an opinion? Its a lot of driving, but tempting anyway.

I haven't been but have friends who have and the loved it. They said the place was awesome. If I wasn't going out of town I would consider going,

Friend and I did it in 2013 and had a good day. We went on Saturday just for the golf. Not a whole bunch of people out and got to get close to the pros. Pretty easy course to walk around and see plenty of groups.

Played Westfields on Sunday with my buddies for our early best ball competition. It was such a blast. We shot a 66 and didn't make a bogey which was sweet but missed so many birdie chances. Really like this format once and a while just such a blast on the course.

Course was in decent shape but just still so wet from all the rain we have gotten over the Summer. Some soggy fairways but the greens seem to drain really well and were in good shape.

Snapped a few pics

7b55c1d728ee354e4f0aae1418f9906e.jpg

e57dc59fd5974c4c53fa24db6b8bd2ba.jpg

ee988b885b5c54963a92054dc6de9e70.jpg

That's such an incredible course. One if my favorites in the area. 66 better ball is flat out playing. For many years Steve Czaban held his VA qualifier for the Potomac Cup there, 66 would have won it just about every year. Nicely done.

The rough can be notoriously well rough there!!

That's such an incredible course. One if my favorites in the area. 66 better ball is flat out playing. For many years Steve Czaban held his VA qualifier for the Potomac Cup there, 66 would have won it just about every year. Nicely done.

The rough can be notoriously well rough there!!
Yeah it was just a great time with good people. I have know most of the guys since high school and we try and do this every year. It is always a blast.

The rough can be very tough but together we hit a lot of fairways which is always nice especially in this format. It felt like each one of us hit a good shot when we needed it most.

Westfields was a favorite course of mine. Haven't played it in along time. 66 pretty good score

Westfields was a favorite course of mine. Haven't played it in along time. 66 pretty good score
We played the white tees and they have some really fun short Par 4s that were a blast in the best ball format.

We played the white tees and they have some really fun short Par 4s that were a blast in the best ball format.

Candidate course for a possible DMV shootout?

Candidate course for a possible DMV shootout?
Oh absolutely and we had tee times at 220 and 230 and only 69 bucks with a cart. We finished well before sun down

Bit of a haul for me - but I'd be there! We gotta get this together soon!

Not exactly in my backyard, either, but definitely more trouble to get to for you boys north of the river. I'm sure there's someplace more central that everyone is amenable to. Then we can get this thing rolling.

I honestly don't care where we play just want to get a round in with some THP'ers. Been a lot tougher for me but if I have enough time I can make it happen.

What about July 25th or 26th wife will be out of town with the boys.

I honestly don't care where we play just want to get a round in with some THP'ers. Been a lot tougher for me but if I have enough time I can make it happen.

What about July 25th or 26th wife will be out of town with the boys.
My birthday weekend. Let's get this going

Have fun boys, that weekend is booked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back