DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I know, it's definitly a nice course and worth throwing out.

It'll be tough to find something central to all. But since MD hosted the last one (as small as it was) I think going to NOVA is only fair. Probably Laurel Hills or Old Hickory would be closest (nice) courses for MD'ers.

I dont mind driving up to an hour to hour 15 minutes. I just have to find out for sure if I can make if

I'm down with a NOVA course, and I've never played either of the ones you've mentioned. An hour and a half isn't too bad for me. This will probably be my last major outing of this year (unless I make the Granddaddy :) ), so hopefully we can get a good group. I know I finally met a few Marylanders in Pittsburgh, looking forward to playing with as many THPer's as possible.

Brambleton was also thrown out there as an option. I have never played there and looking to keep the cost down under 70

Most tracks will be under $70 so long as you don't mind playing in the afternoon.

I'll likely be an outlier regardless of course choice. If it's on the west side of I95 it's probably doable for me.

I'm down with a NOVA course, and I've never played either of the ones you've mentioned. An hour and a half isn't too bad for me. This will probably be my last major outing of this year (unless I make the Granddaddy :) ), so hopefully we can get a good group. I know I finally met a few Marylanders in Pittsburgh, looking forward to playing with as many THPer's as possible.
I could do Laurel Hills it has been a long time since I have played there.
Most tracks will be under $70 so long as you don't mind playing in the afternoon.

I'll likely be an outlier regardless of course choice. If it's on the west side of I95 it's probably doable for me.
I really don't care when we play wife and kids are out of town that weekend so I am free for as much golf as I can humanly play haha

I could do Laurel Hills it has been a long time since I have played there.

I really don't care when we play wife and kids are out of town that weekend so I am free for as much golf as I can humanly play haha
Sounds like a few rounds we've had, right CAA_Beat!

Post via Taptalk

Yeah if afternoon tee times are in play then we definitely can play pretty much anywhere. I'm down with whatever. Drive isn't too much of a factor, though I'd prefer not to be in the car for 4 hours each way. :D

Yeah if afternoon tee times are in play then we definitely can play pretty much anywhere. I'm down with whatever. Drive isn't too much of a factor, though I'd prefer not to be in the car for 4 hours each way. :D
You think we should start another thread and have anyone interested post in there? Then we can figure out a course that will work for the most amount of people.

I am working Summer school so I can't really be on here till the afternoon just thought it might make it easier for people to join us if they want.

You think we should start another thread and have anyone interested post in there? Then we can figure out a course that will work for the most amount of people.

I am working Summer school so I can't really be on here till the afternoon just thought it might make it easier for people to join us if they want.

Works for me. Will start one up and link to it here.

Getting out this weekend at MD National with Eric this weekend. On last go before I head down to Myrtle next week.

Going to play Pinecrest after Summer School tomorrow, pretty excited!

Looking forward to getting a round in with the VA/MD/DC crew. I'm originally from Culpeper and come home a few times a year to see the family but haven't been able to play much up there. I've played Lake of the Woods and Meadows Farms since they are right beside my parent's house, but neither were memorable rounds.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Looking forward to getting a round in with the VA/MD/DC crew. I'm originally from Culpeper and come home a few times a year to see the family but haven't been able to play much up there. I've played Lake of the Woods and Meadows Farms since they are right beside my parent's house, but neither were memorable rounds.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Nice, glad you are going to be able to make it. Golf with THP'ers never disappoints and it has been way too long for me. All the way back to the OC Invitational last summer.

Getting out this weekend at MD National with Eric this weekend. On last go before I head down to Myrtle next week.

looking forward to this. See if I can't give you a good test

Sharpen him up and get him ready to show all of THP what he is made of at Legacy!

Looks like ma nature is going to do her part too and provide plenty of heat.

Really excited for Saturday and golf with THP'ers!

Have a blast boys! I'll be down for the next one!
Sounds good man.

Good luck this weekend! You will crush it we all know it

I'm down with Old Hickory this Saturday! Count me in ... what time are we looking at?

I'll be in Richmond next weekend (July 31-Aug 2). Would love to get a Saturday morning round in, weather permitting. Looks like the closest course to where I'm staying is Providence Golf Club. Any good? Any other recommendations close to there? If I can't play, best practice facility close to there? If any THPer's are looking for a round, let me know!

I'll be in Richmond next weekend (July 31-Aug 2). Would love to get a Saturday morning round in, weather permitting. Looks like the closest course to where I'm staying is Providence Golf Club. Any good? Any other recommendations close to there? If I can't play, best practice facility close to there? If any THPer's are looking for a round, let me know!

There are definitely some Richmond area THPers but I don't know if/how often they check into this thread. You might want to post up a separate thread, that might get more attention.

Sad I can't make it to play this weekend, but do have a question for the group - who do you recommend for a quality fitting in the area? And what is a typical price for the service? I'm looking to get some new irons and figure I should go all out and do it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back