DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone in the Hagerstown area in this thread? I find myself down there visiting friends every couple of months and I'm wondering what the golf options are in the area.

I live in Emmitsburg, MD which is only about 20 minutes from Hagerstown!

Playing Deerfield up in Delaware Saturday. I owe that course a little something... maybe the toughest fairways to stay in after you hit them ever lol. Great elevation changes though, and always in good shape when I have played it.

Playing Brambleton tomorrow at noon. Just walking on and walking if anyone is interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Playing Deerfield up in Delaware Saturday. I owe that course a little something... maybe the toughest fairways to stay in after you hit them ever lol. Great elevation changes though, and always in good shape when I have played it.
If Jeff Robinson is still there and you run into him, tell him I said hello.

What are some decent courses in the area?
Musket Ridge (about 20 to 30 minutes from HTown) is one of the best and the closest. Also Maryland National is good (about a mile from Musket Ridge) Worthington Manor and Whiskey Creek are also the other top tier courses out there, but about 20 more minutes east of the first two.

A bit off the beaten track but a very good course and very good value is Clustered Spires just north of Fredrick.

Musket Ridge (about 20 to 30 minutes from HTown) is one of the best and the closest. Also Maryland National is good (about a mile from Musket Ridge) Worthington Manor and Whiskey Creek are also the other top tier courses out there, but about 20 more minutes east of the first two.

A bit off the beaten track but a very good course and very good value is Clustered Spires just north of Fredrick.

ALL good choices my friend! My personal favorite of course is Musket Ridge. Only because my company tourney is held there every year in September ... and my team have been 2-time defending champs! 2014 - won with 57 & 2015 - won with 58. So needless to say I like that course.

Awesome.. thanks for the info. Next time I'm in the area I'll post in here and see if anyone wants to play.

ALL good choices my friend! My personal favorite of course is Musket Ridge. Only because my company tourney is held there every year in September ... and my team have been 2-time defending champs! 2014 - won with 57 & 2015 - won with 58. So needless to say I like that course.
A few of us here, used to play in the Solstice Survival there every June. 54 holes stroke play in one day. It was the greatest golf event of the year, until Official THP events came along :D But still 54 holes of Musket Ridge in a day was pretty fun.

Awesome.. thanks for the info. Next time I'm in the area I'll post in here and see if anyone wants to play.
Yep, keep an eye on this thread and post anytime, we are a traveling bunch!!

Played Blue Ridge Shadows this afternoon. Went out as a single with a single behind. I had designs on getting 27 but hit a threesome ahead. The single behind caught up on 14. We introduced ourselves, the gentlemen's name was Tom Clark. We played a couple holes and on 16 he asked me how often I played the course and my thoughts. I told him I enjoyed the course, that it was challenging but fair and that I enjoyed the elevation changes. He replied that that was what he wanted to hear since he was the designer!

On that hole he also mentioned finding a wedge that looked like it had been lost for a while. I asked him half jokingly if it was a Wilson 60*, as I had "lost" that wedge several months prior. He asked me where I lost it and I confirmed it was the eighth hole.

d1866659ed805c6dd3983ac40180e110.jpg

I had to then explain to him that i hit my tee shot to within easy pitch range and proceeded to use said wedge to turn a potential 3 into an ugly six, and that I may have been a bit "aggressive" when tossing it back toward the cart. He had a good laugh from it.

I didn't get to ask many questions of him but he did give me the nutshell version of how he got the BRS job, which was basically the property owners telling him they had $2.5 million to pay and he managed to get his bid in at $2.4 million. They got a pretty good deal.

I mentioned it in another thread, but it's looking like I'll be in MD next spring so I subscribed to this thread so I can get the lowdown on the golf scene in the area before I arrive! Obviously things could change, but at this point I'm 90% sure the family and I are MD bound.

I mentioned it in another thread, but it's looking like I'll be in MD next spring so I subscribed to this thread so I can get the lowdown on the golf scene in the area before I arrive! Obviously things could change, but at this point I'm 90% sure the family and I are MD bound.

Looking forward to you coming out here. Lots of good people around here and a bunch of good courses.

Le us know f you need an assistance as you transition to the area dude.

Played Blue Ridge Shadows this afternoon. Went out as a single with a single behind. I had designs on getting 27 but hit a threesome ahead. The single behind caught up on 14. We introduced ourselves, the gentlemen's name was Tom Clark. We played a couple holes and on 16 he asked me how often I played the course and my thoughts. I told him I enjoyed the course, that it was challenging but fair and that I enjoyed the elevation changes. He replied that that was what he wanted to hear since he was the designer!

On that hole he also mentioned finding a wedge that looked like it had been lost for a while. I asked him half jokingly if it was a Wilson 60*, as I had "lost" that wedge several months prior. He asked me where I lost it and I confirmed it was the eighth hole.

d1866659ed805c6dd3983ac40180e110.jpg

I had to then explain to him that i hit my tee shot to within easy pitch range and proceeded to use said wedge to turn a potential 3 into an ugly six, and that I may have been a bit "aggressive" when tossing it back toward the cart. He had a good laugh from it.

I didn't get to ask many questions of him but he did give me the nutshell version of how he got the BRS job, which was basically the property owners telling him they had $2.5 million to pay and he managed to get his bid in at $2.4 million. They got a pretty good deal.
This is a cool story. Not often you get to meet the designer, especially in the middle of a round, and he hands you a club that you happened to lose months prior? Sounds like a scene from a movie.

Very cool John. Ault/Clark has designed quite a few courses in the area.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

That's great. Do you know what part of MD you will be moving to??

Playing Brambleton tomorrow at noon. Just walking on and walking if anyone is interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How did you hit em dude?

Awesome. We have a pretty awesome group here

How did you hit em dude?

I think he's playing at noon today, but if he owns a DeLorean, he might still be able to answer this :alien:

BTW, I saw you snagged those grips in the swap and sell. You suck, um, your highness!

I think he's playing at noon today, but if he owns a DeLorean, he might still be able to answer this :alien:

BTW, I saw you snagged those grips in the swap and sell. You suck, um, your highness!
Haha I don't really need them. Take them if you want. I just need 1 or 2 really

Haha I don't really need them. Take them if you want. I just need 1 or 2 really

I don't either. Pick em up and I'll buy the leftovers from you. I want to reshaft my wedges to add some length so I'll only need a couple also.

I don't either. Pick em up and I'll buy the leftovers from you. I want to reshaft my wedges to add some length so I'll only need a couple also.
Cool. Sounds good man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back