DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
A true DMVer would drive at least 25 miles one way to work :alien2:

But a savvy sailor finds the happy medium between not being right there and having to sit in traffic

Looking like Columbia or Elkridge.
Fantastic. I've lived in Columbia for 20 years. I'd be happy to help with villages, Columbia has 8 of them to choose from.

Elkridge is Columbia's neighbor and has some new housing areas both single family and condo/townhouse style.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Fantastic. I've lived in Columbia for 20 years. I'd be happy to help with villages, Columbia has 8 of them to choose from.

Elkridge is Columbia's neighbor and has some new housing areas both single family and condo/townhouse style.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Right on! I'm definitely hoping to find a nice place to rent for the time I'm there. This moving crap is getting old :bulgy-eyes:

My daily commute is about 9 miles one way, 4 of which is the Bay Bridge. Fortunately, during the summer, I'm heading west when the OC crowd is heading east. However, I still think a sign should be posted that "This bridge is not a scenic overlook". It seems some people have never seen water and ships before. But I do recommend life on the shores of the Chesapeake in the land of Pleasant Living.

Crazy commutes. Here in MD, my commute to work is 11 miles. In NC it's just over a mile.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Crazy commutes. Here in MD, my commute to work is 11 miles. In NC it's just over a mile.

Last night I worked until about 6:30 and thought, well at least I'll have an easy commute home. NOOOO...Route 100 was shut down near Arundel Mills in both directions, it was completely closed east bound due what looked like a horrific accident, and the West bound lanes were closed for the Medivac.

26.5 miles each way for me. Takes about 35 minutes in the AM, and maybe 40 to 45 in the evening.

Playing Clustered Spires today. Fast greens
cc8d234db6551d15c2342bdba0871034.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

That is such a great course. With all the high profile courses up there, Clustered often gets overlooked. But it is almost always in great shape, and oh my those greens...you are right!!

Playing the Blacks? You like long par 3s don't you?

Playing the Blacks? You like long par 3s don't you?
Oh man, what's the last par 3, No. 17 or something. I had to hit driver from that tee there a few years ago, and that was before I lost a lot of length.

b5eafa07e3cfb0a5f627c2f13a428e92.jpg

#5 par 5

Unbelievable greens here. Lightening quick but smooth as glass

Last night I worked until about 6:30 and thought, well at least I'll have an easy commute home. NOOOO...Route 100 was shut down near Arundel Mills in both directions, it was completely closed east bound due what looked like a horrific accident, and the West bound lanes were closed for the Medivac.

26.5 miles each way for me. Takes about 35 minutes in the AM, and maybe 40 to 45 in the evening.

You should have come out and played 9 with me...Beautiful out on the North course last night!!!

It seems some fool was trying to do a wheelly on his bike, lost control and went into the guard rail. He was taken to Shock Trauma but could not be saved. The bike had been reported stolen in Chesterfield, Va. Some of these guys on their ninja bikes are just plain crazy.

As I have a mostly compete traveling bag now, I'm thinking to get 9 or 18 in after work today (off at 4pm / at the end of Snowden in Columbia). Not sure where I'm going yet, but the more the merrier.

5c5913c3fb10636b5790ac71b34fb595.jpg

You should have come out and played 9 with me...Beautiful out on the North course last night!!!
LOL...That surely would have beat sitting in the traffic. I was just tied up with a few last minute details when you were headed out. We will do it soon!!

It seems some fool was trying to do a wheelly on his bike, lost control and went into the guard rail. He was taken to Shock Trauma but could not be saved. The bike had been reported stolen in Chesterfield, Va. Some of these guys on their ninja bikes are just plain crazy.
When I didn't see any cars, i figured it must have been a bike and unfortunately the first thing that came to mind, is that it was probably one of those A$$ Clowns that do the stunts in the middle of rush hour traffic while filming themselves. You never wish death on anyone, but these guys are putting other lives at risk. EOR

When I didn't see any cars, i figured it must have been a bike and unfortunately the first thing that came to mind, is that it was probably one of those A$$ Clowns that do the stunts in the middle of rush hour traffic while filming themselves. You never wish death on anyone, but these guys are putting other lives at risk. EOR

The wife works at Shock Trauma, when she got home, the first words out of her mouth were "we are never discussing you getting another motorcycle ever again." I tried to explain that Harley riders are far different from the ninja bike fools, but it feel on deaf ears. As I've said before, the bad news is I will never have another bike, the good news is the wife apparently wants me to stay alive.

The wife works at Shock Trauma, when she got home, the first words out of her mouth were "we are never discussing you getting another motorcycle ever again." I tried to explain that Harley riders are far different from the ninja bike fools, but it feel on deaf ears. As I've said before, the bad news is I will never have another bike, the good news is the wife apparently wants me to stay alive.
Yeah, I knew she worked there, and I saw the helicopter take off in that direction. Didn't know if she was on duty or not.

We all want you to stick around buddy, four wheels on the ground beats two anyday!!

Yeah, I knew she worked there, and I saw the helicopter take off in that direction. Didn't know if she was on duty or not.

We all want you to stick around buddy, four wheels on the ground beats two anyday!!
Yeah, although 2 on the ground beats 4 in the air any day. ;)

Also.
934756fed23f52e9470c358c525ec223.jpg

:act-up:

How did you hit em dude?

I'm playing well last few rounds. 81 today which was pretty decent considering I changed balls today. Played the 2016 Project (a), it has more pop and less spin around the greens and was throwing me off a bit.

I'm walking 36 holes Tuesday if anyone is interested. Brambleton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back