DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a pretty good day yesterday, came in at 61 and lost the tiebreaker for second on the #6 handicap hole. I think Golfinnut just got tired of carrying me late in the round. If we had Cap'n T2Grn with us I think we could have made a run at the first place 57. Looked gloomy at the start but Ma Nature cut us a break. A couple pics from yesterday:

19d3ec3bdce525fb65d354587200f662.jpg

f900b15d6eeb75ad9bbad6e685f10717.jpg

a3a7578541e572b62f4e657b624ccb69.jpg

e232f74092aef8bbe4b403d75ba289b1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a pretty good day yesterday, came in at 61 and lost the tiebreaker for second on the #6 handicap hole. I think Golfinnut just got tired of carrying me late in the round. If we had Cap'n T2Grn with us I think we could have made a run at the first place 57. Looked gloomy at the start but Ma Nature cut us a break. A couple pics from yesterday:

Sorry dudes, I'm not sure why I thought this was next Friday. The good news is rain held of, inspections went off without a hitch and we poured 45 yards of concrete. But I would of rather been hanging with the fellas

Sorry dudes, I'm not sure why I thought this was next Friday. The good news is rain held of, inspections went off without a hitch and we poured 45 yards of concrete. But I would of rather been hanging with the fellas

I was wondering if you would get a clean day to pour. Glad everything went smoothly - that's a boatload of concrete. My other builder friend in the group figured you ran a pretty tight ship to schedule a pour on a Friday.

The only other downside, aside from not having another good stick, was the greens hadn't healed from aeration three weeks ago. I wish I could be tagging along down to RNK today but I reckon we can manage an outing or two between now and July.

Anyone know of a good place to have some iron shafts pulled and new ones put in some heads in the Richmond area? I have not had much luck with Golf Galaxy or Golf Smith.

Speaking of River Marsh, me and wife played there few days ago. Greens were little mess due to aerification. Couldnt reach to 17th green with 6 iron but finished round with a birdie on 18th. Beautiful course.

Love, Love, Love that course and resort. Nice job on 18. Don't worry, you're not the first nor will you be the last to donate a ball to the Bay!!

Love, Love, Love that course and resort. Nice job on 18. Don't worry, you're not the first nor will you be the last to donate a ball to the Bay!!

Yea. Thats our vacation spot once a year. Hey, i didnt say ball went into the water. lol. Luckily, I found my ball on long thick rough area right after the water. Still, penalty area. It was first time I reached green in two on 18th. Thanks to wind.

Very interesting. Bunkers 360 around the green. Cool design.

Let's get something set up....TBanks is on the clock

Anyone from the Hampton Roads play?

We have a few THPers in the area. Lynchburg14 and cnosil are both in the area, IIRC. There are also guys in the Richmond area that would probably meet you halfway also.

I'm a part time Hampton Roads guy down on weekends especially during the summer months at the beach house

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'm a part time Hampton Roads guy down on weekends especially during the summer months at the beach house

Beach house? Would I be presumptuous to assume you play Hells Point or Red Wing?

Red Wing on occasion

Question for the class. Who has played a local course that is in really good shape right now?

I need to find a course that has grass on the ENTIRE course..I know that sounds funny, but between RNK and my home course both have areas that are struggling right now. I have had so many squirly hard pan lies in my last several rounds, that it's hard to get a good feel of where my game is progressing or not. When you're trying to figure out what kind of shot to hit from hard-pan with a clump of grass behind it from 160 yards, I'm not sure what to do...ha

I know I'll be playing Bulle Rock in a couple weeks, but before then, I'd love to get a round in with all grass. I'm sure Waverly is in great shape, has anyone been there recently?

Question for the class. Who has played a local course that is in really good shape right now?

I need to find a course that has grass on the ENTIRE course..I know that sounds funny, but between RNK and my home course both have areas that are struggling right now. I have had so many squirly hard pan lies in my last several rounds, that it's hard to get a good feel of where my game is progressing or not. When you're trying to figure out what kind of shot to hit from hard-pan with a clump of grass behind it from 160 yards, I'm not sure what to do...ha

I know I'll be playing Bulle Rock in a couple weeks, but before then, I'd love to get a round in with all grass. I'm sure Waverly is in great shape, has anyone been there recently?

Raspberry Falls is in great shape. Not sure how far you want to drive. They just aerated the greens of course, but they aren't bad. But you will find grass everywhere though. Unless you are like JohnsInVA ... then you will find sand on every hole! HA!

Raspberry Falls is in great shape. Not sure how far you want to drive. They just aerated the greens of course, but they aren't bad. But you will find grass everywhere though. Unless you are like JohnsInVA ... then you will find sand on every hole! HA!
Oh yeah, I did manage to find quite a bit of that at RNK on Saturday..Quite a Bit!!

I may not mind coming to VA, if somehow Christopherkee can be free as well, we are potential partners at RR and it'd be good to meet up with him and get a round in.

Oh yeah, I did manage to find quite a bit of that at RNK on Saturday..Quite a Bit!!

I may not mind coming to VA, if somehow Christopherkee can be free as well, we are potential partners at RR and it'd be good to meet up with him and get a round in.

With over 120 bunkers, I can see why.

He lives right near Brambleton I believe, which I'm not far from either. I'll play either one ... even though I prefer Raspberry. I'll talk to John & Cliff at Raspberry when I see them this week and try and set something up. I've been wanting to get everyone together there for a while now anyway.

He lives right near Brambleton I believe, which I'm not far from either. I'll play either one ... even though I prefer Raspberry. I'll talk to John & Cliff at Raspberry when I see them this week and try and set something up. I've been wanting to get everyone together there for a while now anyway.
yeah, I'd much prefer RF over Brambleton as well, although I haven't played Brambleton in probably 20 years, I just remember thinking it was "ok" But Raspberry Falls is always a treat to play.

Probably a Sunday would work better for me, thinking about my schedule now, the 15th maybe the only weekend free for me that month, and it's not even 100% right now. So many outings on Saturday's and then Bulle Rock on the 22nd, and Mothers Day on the 8th.

Never understood peoples fascination with driving three hours to a beach when they could just play golf with me.

Thanks Chris, sounds like fun! I haven't played Raspberry in a long time!

yeah, I'd much prefer RF over Brambleton as well, although I haven't played Brambleton in probably 20 years, I just remember thinking it was "ok" But Raspberry Falls is always a treat to play.

Probably a Sunday would work better for me, thinking about my schedule now, the 15th maybe the only weekend free for me that month, and it's not even 100% right now. So many outings on Saturday's and then Bulle Rock on the 22nd, and Mothers Day on the 8th.

I could do the 15th unless they sneak in another travel softball tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back