Not open for further replies.
Time for another 18 at Sly Fox

e7d1e387e801486dec27bbc397b45168.jpg
fad6197bb450512c47419d45317fa9c9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

36 holes before Noon! Just like the old days

Great day on the two courses

I’m coming up to VA Beach from Raleigh in 2 weeks. Is anybody interested in playing Virginia Beach National Friday the 14th at 8 am? Looks like it’s $49

A few pictures from my company outing today at Whiskey Creek
44d35fc3eef1df196a8092f9feb1eb6e.jpg
cf3da812743f42a8045520ff003d5356.jpg
3ccf7a5b910f4100402b5adc95663704.jpg
532a96ccd5272272565c2300aa5cc232.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

For those of you in the DMV ... Raspberry Falls is having a Titleist ball fitting this Saturday.

ball fitting.jpg

Awfully quiet here in the DMV! What gives? Anyone getting out to play this weekend? Fabulous weather. I would be but I'm heading to the beach house to catch some fish instead.

Awfully quiet here in the DMV! What gives? Anyone getting out to play this weekend? Fabulous weather. I would be but I'm heading to the beach house to catch some fish instead.

Playing at Pleasant Valley on Saturday with the rare convergence of what used to be my standard foursome.

Playing at Pleasant Valley on Saturday with the rare convergence of what used to be my standard foursome.

Used to be? You don't play with the same guys anymore?

The DMV is busy talking behind your back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The DMV is busy talking behind your back

Yeah that wouldn't surprise me in the least. Probably playing too. I just don't get invited :clown:

Used to be? You don't play with the same guys anymore?

I do, just rarely all at once these days. I'd complain but I'm just as bad. Feel like I don't play nearly as much as I used to.

I'm trying to golf but I just picked up a little fishing boat to take my kids out on.. Maybe I'll get to do both!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Another THPer and I are talking about meeting halfway and playing a round soon. I am in Appomattox and he is in Pennsylvania. I am thinking somewhere around Front Royal will be a good place for us to meet up and play a round but I don’t know the courses up there. Anyone want to make a couple recommendations on some good courses in that area? We would most likely be meeting on a weekday late morning-lunchtime.

I am not sure when this will happen yet but when we get a date, time, and location figured out we would welcome any other THP company to come join us.

Another THPer and I are talking about meeting halfway and playing a round soon. I am in Appomattox and he is in Pennsylvania. I am thinking somewhere around Front Royal will be a good place for us to meet up and play a round but I don’t know the courses up there. Anyone want to make a couple recommendations on some good courses in that area? We would most likely be meeting on a weekday late morning-lunchtime.

I am not sure when this will happen yet but when we get a date, time, and location figured out we would welcome any other THP company to come join us.

Who is this other THPer you speak of?!

Who is this other THPer you speak of?!

Some random dude that keeps saying “I’ll call you tomorrow” but never does........

I’m a fan of Shenandoah Valley. ‘Nut and I refer to it as our country club. Not long but more demanding than the scorecard might indicate. Greens are usually in very good shape. Weekdays are typically pretty slow in the afternoon so you could play all 3 nines.

I’m a fan of Shenandoah Valley. ‘Nut and I refer to it as our country club. Not long but more demanding than the scorecard might indicate. Greens are usually in very good shape. Weekdays are typically pretty slow in the afternoon so you could play all 3 nines.

I saw that one online and read some good reviews but nothing like a thumbs up and recommendation from a THP member....... Even if he is related to @stemmy66

Some random dude that keeps saying “I’ll call you tomorrow” but never does........

Haha. Dude sounds like a jerk! Lol

Haha. Dude sounds like a jerk! Lol

Can’t expect too much from someone from the north

Not in Front Royal, but Rock Harbor in Winchester is a great track that's usually in really good shape. They also have two 18s there. Healthy amount of elevation change and some challenging holes.

The 27 hole circuit is always a challenge!

Freshly new to the area this week, landed a job in Tyson's. Anyone have a favorite nearby and cheap course? I'm currently in Dunn Loring.

Additionally, anyone have any insight at Hidden Creek with their membership etc.?

So I was thinking the other day that I don't recall there being an Annual Ass Clowns Invitational this year. If I remember correctly, there was supposed to be one last year(maybe in the fall) but some things happened and it a lot of people could not make it if I remember correctly(which I probably don't). Anyway as I was saying, unless my brain is just having a meltdown, which is totally possible, I had not seen or heard anything about one this year. Has anybody given this any thought or is anything in the works?

So I was thinking the other day that I don't recall there being an Annual Ass Clowns Invitational this year. If I remember correctly, there was supposed to be one last year(maybe in the fall) but some things happened and it a lot of people could not make it if I remember correctly(which I probably don't). Anyway as I was saying, unless my brain is just having a meltdown, which is totally possible, I had not seen or heard anything about one this year. Has anybody given this any thought or is anything in the works?
Yes we had one last year. There wasnt anything planned this year unfortunately.

Yes we had one last year. There wasnt anything planned this year unfortunately.

I wasn't able to come last year and I was hoping there would be another one this year but I guess not. I understand though, quite a bit of time and effort go in to planning for things like that.

Does anyone have any recommendations for lessons? I live in Arlington and work in Bethesda, so close to one of those would be a plus.

If you are a serious golfer then go to Jim Estes in Olney. Nope its not close but you can take 200 after work and get there in about 30 minutes.

He is isn't cheap but by far the best instructor in the area. I used to go to him but I'm priced out now. He used to play on Tour and recently won low PGA Professional at a Senior tournament at Trump's course in VA. Not only was he low PGA Pro he was like 5th place overall. His stock went up after that. Additionally, he gives free lessons to disabled veterans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back