DC MD VA Area Chat

Who? PW is on there. SR & PV are on there, but I usually just use their websites. They don't charge any booking fees.
Guess I didn't see PW. I'm looking for Friday (y)

Thanks @potbunker for bumping this thread back to my forefront.
Anyone want to get a round in, in the next couple of weeks? I'm in NOVA but I can drive a little to make it easier on others.

I'm down. I'm in Leesburg & will travel pretty much anywhere to play. (y)

Where do you typically play in the Roanoke area?

Blue Hills normally. They just started poking holes in greens yesterday though. Generally in good shape. Botetourt Country lub is nice. I think I’m the only one around that hasn’t played Ashley Plantation.

Lotsa hilly kinda stuff around here.

Wait, I need your permission to heckle you? That's not how it works.....
You come to my state & I find out AFTER you've already come & gone?? that's at least twice that I know of. I see where I stand now ... no problem :rolleyes: 🖕

Blue Hills normally. They just started poking holes in greens yesterday though. Generally in good shape. Botetourt Country lub is nice. I think I’m the only one around that hasn’t played Ashley Plantation.

Lotsa hilly kinda stuff around here.

Thanks for responding.
You mentioned the three I hear mentioned most often.
Hilly??? Absolutely, including my lawn.

My wife and I just returned to Va and her hometown of Roanoke after 40+ years. Yes, I'm old!!

Due to our move from Michigan, I have not picked up a club in 12 months but hope to hit a few on Friday.

Maybe we can meet up sometime if you don't have a regular group.

Hit'em straight.

You come to my state & I find out AFTER you've already come & gone?? that's at least twice that I know of. I see where I stand now ... no problem :rolleyes: 🖕
Was no time to deal with you the last trip.... Will be coming end of October... if the weather holds out maybe get in a round? I'll see if Porkins has time from his busy schedule

Was no time to deal with you the last trip.... Will be coming end of October... if the weather holds out maybe get in a round? I'll see if Porkins has time from his busy schedule
He has no time for anyone ;)

Thanks for responding.
You mentioned the three I hear mentioned most often.
Hilly??? Absolutely, including my lawn.

My wife and I just returned to Va and her hometown of Roanoke after 40+ years. Yes, I'm old!!

Due to our move from Michigan, I have not picked up a club in 12 months but hope to hit a few on Friday.

Maybe we can meet up sometime if you don't have a regular group.

Hit'em straight.

Absolutely. Welcome back to the ‘Noke.

Will be on vacation in just over a week through Shenandoah National Park with the family.

Planning on playing on Monday, September 26th at Top 100 New Spring Creek Golf Club in Zion Crossroads, VA.

Anyone interested? They are running a promo for $76 after 1 pm which is a steal.

Will be on vacation in just over a week through Shenandoah National Park with the family.

Planning on playing on Monday, September 26th at Top 100 New Spring Creek Golf Club in Zion Crossroads, VA.

Anyone interested? They are running a promo for $76 after 1 pm which is a steal.
I would love another shot at Spring Creek but that's my wife's birthday. I'm still going to ask but doubt I'll get the green light!

I would love another shot at Spring Creek but that's my wife's birthday. I'm still going to ask but doubt I'll get the green light!

Welp, I am booked for Monday Sept. 26th at 1:10 pm. Three spots open still! Do dinner with her the night before?? 😬

Sorry.. ended up being a messy day of work followed immediately by birthday celebrations for my wife.

All good. It was an absolute treat out there!

71C5EF4C-2937-45AC-93A3-E589B399F677.jpeg
7451653D-006C-4502-9C44-01FFC26ACED5.jpeg
BCC7C124-A1B9-4A5D-AAA9-A9CE68B62F82.jpeg

Purttttttttyyyyy

Glad to see people are alive in this thread. So quiet all the time 😆

Just wondering where everyone normally plays at?

I am out in Bealeton and usually play the course around Gainesville and Stafford so Stonewall Golf Club, Prince William, Bristow Manor, the Gauntlet

When do you usually play (Weekends, weekdays)?

Was playing weeknights in a spark golf league but that has since ended. Want to get out more on the weekends but it's tough as a single.

When do you hang up your clubs for the winter, and what if anything do you do then (simulator, topgolf, nothing?)

I'll play for as long as i can stand the cold. There is a simulator place up in Leesburg that I've been meaning to go check out to see how that is.

Fauquier Springs Country Club is nice but I reckon you have to be a member. My previous boss is a member and I’d help keep his bar tab up to date. Nice place.

There used to be a course right near Bealeton called Kastle Greens which was kinda “linksy” because Bealeton is pretty much flat anyway. Man I loved that place. Just a no frills, no drama, basic 18 holes. Not anything folks would brag about playing.

I’d think in your case heading south towards Fredericksburg is more convenient. The Gauntlet is nice.

Fauquier Springs Country Club is nice but I reckon you have to be a member. My previous boss is a member and I’d help keep his bar tab up to date. Nice place.

There used to be a course right near Bealeton called Kastle Greens which was kinda “linksy” because Bealeton is pretty much flat anyway. Man I loved that place. Just a no frills, no drama, basic 18 holes. Not anything folks would brag about playing.

I’d think in your case heading south towards Fredericksburg is more convenient. The Gauntlet is nice.

Man!!! I loved Kastle Greens! My father & I played there a lot when it first opened. Just never got the play to survive I guess. Most people thought the layout was kind of quirky but it was still a fun course IMO.

Just wondering where everyone normally plays at?

I am out in Bealeton and usually play the course around Gainesville and Stafford so Stonewall Golf Club, Prince William, Bristow Manor, the Gauntlet

When do you usually play (Weekends, weekdays)?

Was playing weeknights in a spark golf league but that has since ended. Want to get out more on the weekends but it's tough as a single.

When do you hang up your clubs for the winter, and what if anything do you do then (simulator, topgolf, nothing?)

I'll play for as long as i can stand the cold. There is a simulator place up in Leesburg that I've been meaning to go check out to see how that is.

I'll play anywhere within 100 - 150 miles or so from Leesburg. Give me enough notice & I'm willing to drive anywhere really.

BTW ... I have a tee time at 10am on Saturday at Locust Hill in Charles Town, WV. Last time I looked there are still two spots available. It really isn't that far from my house. Not sure how far it is from you. You're welcome to join. (y)

All the affordable decent courses close to me are no more. I have to venture out and play Rock Harbor or 1757 or South Riding if I want affordable AND decent. Brambleton isn't bad for a local muni. Stoneleigh is less than 2 miles from my house but, in my opinion, not worth going that far to play there.

Back